Comedian's son admits to speeding prior to fatal crash: Police

webfact

Comedian's son admits to speeding prior to fatal crash: Police

By Teeranai Charuvastra, Staff Reporter

201703232004143-20140724141910-696x510.j  

Kittiphum Iamsook said farewell on Thursday to the coffin of the victim he killed in a Monday car crash.

PATHUM THANI — Police on Friday said they have charged the son of a famous comedian for a high-speed car crash that killed an engineer earlier this week.

For slamming his BMW into another car at a U-turn in Pathum Thani province, Kittiphum Iamsook, 28, was charged with speeding and fatal reckless driving, according to a local police chief, who added that the suspect admitted to speeding when the accident took place.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/2017/03/24/comedians-son-admits-speeding-prior-fatal-crash-police/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2017-03-24

How could he not admit to it. Anyone with functioning eyes could see he was going like a bat out of hell and far beyond the speed limit.

The cops are right on with the charges in this case. 

The other driver who died made a real meal of the u turn and paid the ultimate price for his ineptitude behind the wheel. Still i feel this shouldn't stop the courts throwing the book at the comedian's lad as his reckless speed / inattention made it a fatal collision

6 minutes ago, z42 said:

How could he not admit to it. Anyone with functioning eyes could see he was going like a bat out of hell and far beyond the speed limit.

The other driver who died made a real meal of the u turn and paid the ultimate price for his ineptitude behind the wheel. Still i feel this shouldn't stop the courts throwing the book at the comedian's lad as his reckless speed / inattention made it a fatal collision

100% correct, I rekon he was doing at least 200kph

28 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

I don't know about 200kph, but it sure did look as if he was in warp mode............

remember that 200kph is only 120mph, that is the 3rd gear change on my bike with 3 more to go, an M series BMW is not being hard pushed at that either

4 minutes ago, smedly said:

remember that 200kph is only 120mph, that is the 3rd gear change on my bike with 3 more to go, an M series BMW is not being hard pushed at that either

Careful smedly or you will be singing that song "Lord I Am Coming Home"

The Thai authorities can not expect  the "people" to drive within the speed limit if they don't practice it themselves.

Many times I have seen a convoy of buses hogging and speeding on the overtaking lane with a cop car leading them.  The buses do at least 140kms per hour. 

Other times I have seen similar things, but with Mercs instead of buses. They were going faster than the buses. About 180+ I guesstimate. 

Very dangerous, a convoy of speeding buses.

2 hours ago, z42 said:

The only problem is why is he walking around a free man and not inside waiting for his trail. Another Red Bull case in the making or will they offer the family B 1 million ?

The driver of the other car made a tragic hash of the U-Turn, but no doubt he didn't anticipate this lunatic barreling down the freeway at take-off speed. Those who live to drive another day invariably factor in to any driving decision the very strong likelihood that just such a lunatic can appear anywhere, any time.

2 hours ago, smedly said:

smedly, I ride a Kawasaki 650 here in Thailand and its time for us to both review this video as a quick reminder... :)

3 hours ago, z42 said:

Although his societal standing will not allow it to happen. The above photo op, deep Wai, a pittance of blood money, and a stint in the Wat will make this go away like all of the others. Sad to say.

16 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

smedly, I ride a Kawasaki 650 here in Thailand and its time for us to both review this video as a quick reminder... :)

what is your point ? and ER6N is a baby but lets not get into that, people die everyday in Thailand on 125cc scooters

I have marshalled at the TT and many other road events across the UK

21 minutes ago, smedly said:

what is your point ? and ER6N is a baby but lets not get into that, people die everyday in Thailand on 125cc scooters

I have marshalled at the TT and many other road events across the UK

i was just making a dark joke about guys going fast on bikes in Thailand. Sorry if it did not work.

1 hour ago, NCC1701A said:

i was just making a dark joke about guys going fast on bikes in Thailand. Sorry if it did not work.

not a problem mate, I just didn't quite get what you were saying

be safe out there

take care

5 hours ago, smedly said:

My Kawasaki ZZR 1100 couldn't do that in 3rd, 6th yes, what are you riding ?

here we go again, another high profile accident resulting in death. when will you guys realize and accept the fact they do things different in Thailand. If the family of the deceased is happy with a pay out why should anyone else care or make a commit on something you have no understanding of.

I continually see people making a complete hash of a simple 'U' turn, they seem incapable approaching a little wide, getting full lock on in a timely manner and getting out the other side without using all three lanes! I'm not defending speeding, but the Beemer didn't have much chance to avoid the other guy who just blundered out without a care in the world. I drive verrrry defensively and circumspect when in Thailand (in a shopping trolley,Toyota Yaris)

Edited by RetroGTAndrew
Spelling

8 hours ago, smedly said:

So that's OK then is it?

7 hours ago, SOUTHERNSTAR said:

The only problem is why is he walking around a free man and not inside waiting for his trail. Another Red Bull case in the making or will they offer the family B 1 million ?

Errr- because most people in the world get bail before appearing in court unless its a capitol crime?

53 minutes ago, Psimbo said:

So that's OK then is it?

it certainly is not ok and in most countries you would loose your licence and possibly go to jail for doing speeds like that never mind being involved in an accident, the point I was making is that achieving a speed of 120mph is not a big deal for a car like that

doing it on a road were the speed limit is likely 40mph is absolute lunacy