Keeping UK Bank Account- but no uk address

Indeed in the weekend. , but that is what revolut also saing. Why use it at a time even the company say don't ....and what are those better options 

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

For example the Halifax Clarity card, is good for bank withdrawals and purchases, the rate is better than Revolut and also beats soi buakhao exchange booths by 0.5% last time i checked

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry my mistake i thought it was about people not living in the uk who wanted or have a uk bank account. And the side ways there was a comment about the bad exhange rate of the revolut card. (And it is not bad at all)

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

On 3/24/2017 at 10:24 PM, mommysboy said:

Reassuring. Sounds good. But I won't have a UK address at all.

I do not have a UK address and use a mail forwarding service. A couple of years ago I got a message to say I should visit the branch and discuss the account, this is with HSBC. I made arrangements to go the next time I was in UK and the issue was regarding the address. They had picked up on the fact the address was a business address. I explained the circumstances and they said that generally it was not bank policy to maintain accounts for people living abroad but it was at their discretion. They took details of my Thai address and bank account and said they would be prepared to maintain the account. They said that they preferred the arrangement I had made as opposed to the Thai address as they would not be prepared to send cards or the login device to a Thai address.

It has all worked fairly well. If a card is due I get my son to collect it and I pick it up from him in the UK or it will go to the mail forwarders and I get them to send it by courier.

I live in the sticks so mail is a bit of a problem generally, can take weeks. I am quite happy with the mail service I use, bit expensive for the amount of mail I get but means I see in within days rather than weeks. A couple of years ago I took a company to the small claims court, something I could not have done without the service.