swimming-pools in Chiang Mai...

coralia

Last month, pool at both Suriwongse and either of the Imperial Mae Ping pools would have challenged a brass monkey.

Ramada Plaza in Bangkok with a stay between the two Chiang Mai hotels was great for swimming with better ambient temperature.

Thank you all for your replies... This issue is really complicating my life. For many years I have been planning to buy a small condo and move to Chiang Mai when I turn 50... But in the meantime I have gotten used to swimming one hour in the morning in the swimming-pool... If I can't swim in Chiang Mai, going to live there doesn't seem like a good idea anymore.......

If the temp of pool water is complicating your life then a rethink is definitely in order.

I have swum almost every day for some years, in the "winter" the water is refreshingly cool to bracing and in the "summer" like a warm bath. 

In the interim period the water is just about perfect.

Last month, pool at both Suriwongse and either of the Imperial Mae Ping pools would have challenged a brass monkey.
Ramada Plaza in Bangkok with a stay between the two Chiang Mai hotels was great for swimming with better ambient temperature.

You're getting a bit nesh Paul!!!!!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

Does any know the entrance fee of swimming pools in and around the Hang Dong area ?I ask this because I went to a hotel near were I live and they wanted 500 Baht for the day.

Sanemax wrote 60 baht not sure where it is" Chiang mai land ".

Does any know the entrance fee of swimming pools in and around the Hang Dong area ?I ask this because I went to a hotel near were I live and they wanted 500 Baht for the day.

That's a bit steep. I expect to pay up to 100b each.

There's a big covered pool opposite Home Pro on the Middle Ring Road in Moo Baan Nimman Noradee (18.738634,98.967900), it's called Nimman Noradee Club House.

Otherwise, I do a local hotel search using TripAdvisor or Agoda and see which places have a pool. Then just ask if they welcome outside visitors to use their facilities and how much.

33 minutes ago, JaseTheBass said:

That's a bit steep. I expect to pay up to 100b each.

There's a big covered pool opposite Home Pro on the Middle Ring Road in Moo Baan Nimman Noradee (18.738634,98.967900), it's called Nimman Noradee Club House.

Otherwise, I do a local hotel search using TripAdvisor or Agoda and see which places have a pool. Then just ask if they welcome outside visitors to use their facilities and how much.

will try thanks

3 hours ago, akampa said:

The pool at Banwangtan is 60 baht and sometimes the water is not green.

8 hours ago, akampa said:

Let me do a web search for you

http://a.northernthailand.com/chiangmai-sports/swimming/88-chiang-mai-land-swimming-pools.html

Archived