Cheaper than 990THB flight to leave Thailand? (airasia)

khman

Hi,
I found an Airasia Hat Yai - Kuala Lumpur for 990THB ex taxes.

Is there any cheaper ticket from anywhere in Thailand to any other country?
Thank you for your help!

• Like 1

From anywhere in Thailand, (so you are not worried about the cost of travelling across the country to save a Baht), to any other country.

Wow! Great search parameters, suggest you spend all day on the computer checking, not ask everyone else to do your work.

• Like 1

as the Airport Taxes are already 700 Baht, there is virtually no chance to get it cheaper. The good news is, if you only need that ticket to show proof of onward travel, AirAsia will refund the Airport tax (a small fee will be deducted though) if you do not show up for your flight. AirAsia seems to be the only airline where it is "relatively" easy to get that refund. I had that scenario three times in the past ten years, though last time was in 2013 (means I am not sure how reliable it is in 2017)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, siam2007 said:

as the Airport Taxes are already 700 Baht, there is virtually no chance to get it cheaper. The good news is, if you only need that ticket to show proof of onward travel, AirAsia will refund the Airport tax (a small fee will be deducted though) if you do not show up for your flight. AirAsia seems to be the only airline where it is "relatively" easy to get that refund. I had that scenario three times in the past ten years, though last time was in 2013 (means I am not sure how reliable it is in 2017)

How do you go about getting the refund? 3 months ago I didn't board one of their flights and knew nothing about any chance of a refund.

23 hours ago, edwardandtubs said:

How do you go about getting the refund? 3 months ago I didn't board one of their flights and knew nothing about any chance of a refund.

it only makes sense if it was an international flight, otherwise the fee for the refund procedure will be as high as the departure tax.

You should go to their website and look into your booking using the PNR. But again, I did not do this since a long time, so I cannot guarantee the system still works the same way as it used to

It's not clear which of the fees listed here:

http://www.airasia.com/my/en/our-fares/fees-and-charges.page

would apply. Would it be the refund fee or the cancellation fee, or both as not turning up is similar to cancelling isn't it and then you're asking for a refund? So the international fees to be paid by me for not turning up to an international flight would be 1260 baht. So the fees would exceed the money refunded.

2 hours ago, edwardandtubs said:

It's not clear which of the fees listed here:

http://www.airasia.com/my/en/our-fares/fees-and-charges.page

would apply. Would it be the refund fee or the cancellation fee, or both as not turning up is similar to cancelling isn't it and then you're asking for a refund? So the international fees to be paid by me for not turning up to an international flight would be 1260 baht. So the fees would exceed the money refunded.

In my case some years ago, I applied for 700 Baht airport tax refund (that is the only thing they will refund), and a fee of 150 (or was it 100?) Baht was deducted from the amount. Still, it could be easily done online and it was hassle-free. Took a few weeks until it arrived at my CC account but it eventually did. No idea about year 2017, though

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, siam2007 said:

In my case some years ago, I applied for 700 Baht airport tax refund (that is the only thing they will refund), and a fee of 150 (or was it 100?) Baht was deducted from the amount. Still, it could be easily done online and it was hassle-free. Took a few weeks until it arrived at my CC account but it eventually did. No idea about year 2017, though

Now it says 160 baht for a refund so that sounds right. Thanks for the useful information. I'm not sure how they're going to refund me when I paid through 7/11 but I'll send them an email.

• Like 1

On 3/25/2017 at 5:58 PM, khman said:

Hi,
I found an Airasia Hat Yai - Kuala Lumpur for 990THB ex taxes.

Is there any cheaper ticket from anywhere in Thailand to any other country?
Thank you for your help!

Thanks for asking - I was wondering about the same thing.

• Like 1

"If I do not wish to fly after purchasing a flight or if I could not show up for flight, what can I refund?

Once your booking is confirmed, it cannot be cancelled and the payment you made is not refundable.

However, you can get a refund on Passenger Service Charge (PSC)."

So the PSC = 700 baht Airport Tax mentioned in an earlier post?

On 28/03/2017 at 2:21 AM, JimmyJ said:

"If I do not wish to fly after purchasing a flight or if I could not show up for flight, what can I refund?

Once your booking is confirmed, it cannot be cancelled and the payment you made is not refundable.

However, you can get a refund on Passenger Service Charge (PSC)."

So the PSC = 700 baht Airport Tax mentioned in an earlier post?

exactly

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JimmyJ said:

Yes, I read it. Thank you for mentioning the refund.

you cannot get any international flight cheaper as the international airport tax that goes to the government makes up 700 Baht of the amount. 990 is already ridiculously low

• Like 1

Some times, ONLY during special promotions-whcih usually means to book many monthes advance (thus not worth for immediate travel) there MAY be-more likely on a new started route or new airline (new to TH that is) AND only for very short distance, it may be possible to get it for maybe 899 or so. There is always the 700 bt tax-as commented-poster likely means only the extra for seat/luggage etc. Try Thaivietjet for that. Or look at airasia (sign up for their special promotions-and then have hours of patience to getonline) for like Hyai- or HKT-KUL or PNG.

On 3/27/2017 at 9:15 PM, edwardandtubs said:

Now it says 160 baht for a refund so that sounds right. Thanks for the useful information. I'm not sure how they're going to refund me when I paid through 7/11 but I'll send them an email.

You also can get your refund cash at the airport. Tried it in 2015 when i was at hkt on another flight 2 month after my no show AirAisa flight.Did it and it was smooth and easy.

1 hour ago, edwardandtubs said:

I requested the refund via the online form and supposedly there's no fee for customers in Thailand. But all I've received is an email saying I've made a duplicate claim, which is nonsense as I only made one.

maybe a friendly and not-losing-face way to tell you that they have no actual intention to refund your airport Taxes    :omfg:

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

As planned I am filling the form for Airasia, to get the airport taxed refunded.

When filling the form at http://eform.airasia.com , selecting Refund and "airport taxes", a popup displays :

Refund fee will be exempted for:

• All AirAsia Thailand (FD), AirAsia X Thailand (XJ) & AirAsia India (I5) flights.
  • All flights departing from Thailand.
  • All flights departing from Hong Kong.

•  

Does this mean no refund for each flight departing Thailand?

Thanks

13 minutes ago, khman said:

Hi

As planned I am filling the form for Airasia, to get the airport taxed refunded.

When filling the form at http://eform.airasia.com , selecting Refund and "airport taxes", a popup displays :

•  

Does this mean no refund for each flight departing Thailand?

Thanks

It says there will be no refund fee, not no refund.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/26/2017 at 8:29 AM, muzmurray said:

From anywhere in Thailand, (so you are not worried about the cost of travelling across the country to save a Baht), to any other country.

Wow! Great search parameters, suggest you spend all day on the computer checking, not ask everyone else to do your work.

I'm pretty sure OP wants to just book a throw away ticket for TR visa purposes. If so the question makes sense. I got a BKK-Hanoi flight for 890b last month. Did not use it though because it was just to show for a TR visa. 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Hi friends,

Again I need any exit flight from Thailand to any country, the cheapest possible, ideally with air asia as they refund part of the ticket when you miss the flight.

All this for visa issues as I come with 1 way ticket (i will extend 1 month and leave), despite I will not overstay, still, you know, you must show proof of exit...

Do you know if a cheap 999thb ticket is still available?
Thank you for your help.