Possible Venues For Tv Piss-ups!

britmaveric

Just came back from Bert's having lunch.

Bert asked me whether this is right that we invade him again tomorrow and I said yes, looks like they love you. He hinted that "they" rather loved the hot dogs than him and well...whatever, I'll be there around 9:30

Please leave some beers left for me!

:o

might not be much left by that time

...Robski's back to England... :D

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bert asked me whether this is right that we invade him again tomorrow and I said yes, looks like they love you. He hinted that "they" rather loved the hot dogs than him and well...whatever, I'll be there around 9:30

I wonder how long before we get the post from him "what the heIl have i done"

I wonder how long before we get the post from him "what the heIl have i done"

After his last farewell party it took him about 3 weeks to be back....

Just seen this thread.

I am being lazy I know, but could someone just fill me in about these Friday nights. How many members go usually, what time do people usually arrive and what takes place?

Thanks, I may come along to one,

Just seen this thread.

I am being lazy I know, but could someone just fill me in about these Friday nights. How many members go usually, what time do people usually arrive and what takes place?

I'm also confused.

Must be getting old.

there seem to be 2 parrallel threads running about TV unofficial pissups. :o

The very long running one that arranges pissups every Friday, and now another one which is arranging a pissup next Saturday.

Maybe one is the unofficial pissup, and the other is the unofficial unofficial pissup? :D

Both threads seem to be centred exclusively at Tropical Berts? Or have I got that wrong?

For those of us who only wish to meet up ocasionally, which thread should we be following?

Drunken replies on a postcard to Mobi, c/o The Mobi Mansion, Pong. :D

Just seen this thread.

I'm also confused.

Must be getting old.

there seem to be 2 parrallel threads running about TV unofficial pissups. :o

The very long running one that arranges pissups every Friday, and now another one which is arranging a pissup next Saturday.

Maybe one is the unofficial pissup, and the other is the unofficial unofficial pissup? :D

Both threads seem to be centred exclusively at Tropical Berts? Or have I got that wrong?

For those of us who only wish to meet up ocasionally, which thread should we be following?

Drunken replies on a postcard to Mobi, c/o The Mobi Mansion, Pong. :D

Mobi,

You are quite right. there is an un unoffical piss up and an unofficial piss up. Tonight is un unofficial which happens almost every Friday night. Then there is the orginized unofficial Friday meeting which is the 17th. Confused? Don't feel like the Lone Ranger as many of us are dazed and confused. Come out on Friday nights and see for yourself.

rokit

Edited by Rdrokit

Tonight is un unofficial which happens almost every Friday night. Then there is the orginized unofficial Friday meeting which is the 17th.

rokit

Rocco,

As you know the TAOP get together every Friday night for a get together. This Friday is no exception. 7pm at Bert's

Britmaveric is in town and would like to get together with other TV members at Tropical Berts on Saturday, the 17th of March, hence he posted an invite thread to all TV members.

The subject matter that will be discussed tonight is "Why Rocco didn't ring the bell in celebration of receiving his visa?" :o

See you at Berts tonight

Tonight is un unofficial which happens almost every Friday night. Then there is the orginized unofficial Friday meeting which is the 17th.

rokit

Rocco,

As you know the TAOP get together every Friday night for a get together. This Friday is no exception. 7pm at Bert's

Britmaveric is in town and would like to get together with other TV members at Tropical Berts on Saturday, the 17th of March, hence he posted an invite thread to all TV members.

The subject matter that will be discussed tonight is "Why Rocco didn't ring the bell in celebration of receiving his visa?" :D

See you at Berts tonight

Nobody has answered my questions still!!! :o

Just seen this thread.

number of members varies between 6 and 20 depending on venue. a respectable venue is chosen so people can bring their wives/girlfreinds along. People arrive at 7, and what takes place is drinking, eating and chatting and drinking and drinking and drinking.

Just seen this thread.

1) The number varies week to week

2) 7pm Tropical berts

3) Eat dinners, drink beer, discuss worldly issues, drink more beer

Map attached...

post-13660-1173420039_thumb.jpg

Confused or what!! how do you think me and me Hot Dogs feel. However I think I have it now, your here tonight for an unofficial pre piss up to plan the unofficial piss up on the 17th so as the hot dogs are only for unofficial piss ups it may be sandwiches tonight.

See you all later

Confused or what!! how do you think me and me Hot Dogs feel. However I think I have it now, your here tonight for an unofficial pre piss up to plan the unofficial piss up on the 17th so as the hot dogs are only for unofficial piss ups it may be sandwiches tonight.

See you all later

Now is this an official or unofficial statement? :o

it might also well be that the unofficial piss-up preparation team has an inofficial warm-up at an undisclosed location in Jomtien near the police box...resulting in being officially pissed-up prior arriving at the un-unofficial Friday piss-up which has nothing to do with the rather official unofficial piss-up at the same location (Bert's, not Jomtien) where usually the un-unofficial piss-up takes place.

All this has nothing to do with any oficial piss-ups which can only be announced by officially appointed piss-up announcers.

I hope that it's clear now...see you at Bert's tonight!

with this and your post in Bedlam Mr.Raro i can only assume you either forgot to take your meds or took too many this morning.

Thanks BB, Reminds me to take my meds before going out tonight.

• 2 weeks later...

This thread, as well as the "Unofficial Pissup" thread was closed in order to make one clean "Official Pissup" thread and keep all the sign ups on a single thread.

Now that the party had passed, it had been noted by several members that this thread contained valuable information (maps, reviews, suggested venues, etc.) and should be re-opened. So here it is.....

Feel free to use this thread to post possible venue sites for the next "Official Pissup". The "recons" are helpful to Admin for selecting the next venue and they are a great way to meet and greet new members.

As we get started on our next set of recons, the suggestion was that we meet at 7pm at Tropical Berts this Friday, 23 March and discuss our next recon site.

It should be noted that the recons are not sponsored by Thai Visa. We do this on our own as a get together at our own expense and we do not represent Thai Visa management.

Here are a few of the suggested "key points"to look for in a venue that the members would utilize for an "Official Pissup"....

1) Accessibility…Does the venue allow for easy access to and from by taxi, car, or motorbike with ample available parking?

2) Members…Is the management affiliated with TV as a member or a sponsor?

3) Facilities…Are there facilities large enough to host between 30 and 50 people for either a private party or to reserve a section of the establishment exclusively for the pissup with ample seating available?

4) Atmosphere… Is the music level at a point where it can still be heard in the background while still holding a conversation without having to shout?

5) Food and Beverages…Is there food available? If not, is the management amenable to catered food being brought in? Are there mixed drinks and draught beer as well as bottled beer available? If food is available, will the management consider a preferential price for a large buffet?

This list is not all inclusive. Feel free to add anything that was missed.

Here is a map to Berts for those who missed the last party.

post-13660-1174275443_thumb.jpg

Let the recons begin.....

This thread, as well as the "Unofficial Pissup" thread was closed in order to make one clean "Official Pissup" thread and keep all the sign ups on a single thread.

Now that the party had passed, it had been noted by several members that this thread contained valuable information (maps, reviews, suggested venues, etc.) and should be re-opened. So here it is.....

Feel free to use this thread to post possible venue sites for the next "Official Pissup". The "recons" are helpful to Admin for selecting the next venue and they are a great way to meet and greet new members.

As we get started on our next set of recons, the suggestion was that we meet at 7pm at Tropical Berts this Friday, 23 March and discuss our next recon site.

It should be noted that the recons are not sponsored by Thai Visa. We do this on our own as a get together at our own expense and we do not represent Thai Visa management.

Here are a few of the suggested "key points"to look for in a venue that the members would utilize for an "Official Pissup"....

1) Accessibility…Does the venue allow for easy access to and from by taxi, car, or motorbike with ample available parking?

2) Members…Is the management affiliated with TV as a member or a sponsor?

3) Facilities…Are there facilities large enough to host between 30 and 50 people for either a private party or to reserve a section of the establishment exclusively for the pissup with ample seating available?

4) Atmosphere… Is the music level at a point where it can still be heard in the background while still holding a conversation without having to shout?

5) Food and Beverages…Is there food available? If not, is the management amenable to catered food being brought in? Are there mixed drinks and draught beer as well as bottled beer available? If food is available, will the management consider a preferential price for a large buffet?

This list is not all inclusive. Feel free to add anything that was missed.

Here is a map to Berts for those who missed the last party.

post-13660-1174275443_thumb.jpg

Let the recons begin.....

thank goodness for that buckwheat. i was getting worried when y'all were going about slamming the shutters down on those threads. i even thought pissups was out of order b4 i ever got to do one!

i will STILL be working this weekend but i will make a date for April.... as long as sodding songkran is over

Ok so where are the sign ups for the unofficial piss up. All the locals who were at last weeks official party and said they would come out for an unofficial piss up, where are you? :D We are starting to plan for the next official piss up and could use some help. It's your turn to stand up to the plate to bat. So see you Friday. :o Thanks, rokit

Will be there with plus 1 on firday, will be good to see all the regulars and any newcomers.

might be down to the big morlum after that tho in the padock next to Tonys, just back from there now and its quiet good

Will be there with plus 1 on firday, will be good to see all the regulars and any newcomers.

might be down to the big morlum after that tho in the padock next to Tonys, just back from there now and its quiet good

The English language requirement applies also to Aussies! :o

Does it really matter?

hope the rain doesnt keep too many away

Does it really matter?

hope the rain doesnt keep too many away

Now stopped raining and the sun is shining again :D

Glad to see some new faces Friday night at Bert's (helicopter & simbo). It was decided that the recon for the next official TV piss up will take us to Gullivars next Friday at 7pm. Gullivers is on the north end of Beach Rd just past Henry J Beans. We expect to see the usual suspects and hopefully some new faces.

Bring the wifes or girl friends if you want as it is just a tame night out. Usually dinner a few drinks and out by 10 or 11. So if you would like to see the faces behind the avatars please show up.

thanks,

rdrokit

Glad to see some new faces Friday night at Bert's (helicopter & simbo). It was decided that the recon for the next official TV piss up will take us to Gullivars next Friday at 7pm. Gullivers is on the north end of Beach Rd just past Henry J Beans. We expect to see the usual suspects and hopefully some new faces.

Bring the wifes or girl friends if you want as it is just a tame night out. Usually dinner a few drinks and out by 10 or 11. So if you would like to see the faces behind the avatars please show up.

thanks,

rdrokit

Had a great time last night at Tropical Berts. :D Good to meet different faces too. I've only just managed to pull myself round ..a real pisshead! :o Looking forward to Gullivers next Friday.

Begsa