Possible Venues For Tv Piss-ups!

britmaveric

for those of you who want a bar on the beach which is basically open all hours, next week when at the Elephant bar walk down to the beach (about 100 steps to go down though) and you will find the Tsunami bar, its not the biggest bar in the world but for about 10-15 people no problem. like i said in a previous post it is the only place in pattaya/jomtien that comes close to feeling like you are on an island. Worth a look and make up your own minds.

BB

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

for those of you who want a bar on the beach which is basically open all hours, next week when at the Elephant bar walk down to the beach (about 100 steps to go down though) and you will find the Tsunami bar, its not the biggest bar in the world but for about 10-15 people no problem. like i said in a previous post it is the only place in pattaya/jomtien that comes close to feeling like you are on an island. Worth a look and make up your own minds.

BB

BB,

If you're coming next week, I'll volunteer to make a mini-recon with you and scope it out. :o

If anyone has a location map of the Elephant Bar, please post it.

i'll definately be at the elephant next week and probably but not 100% yet at the drunken duck tomorrow. probably easier for someone to post a map with cabbages and condoms on as most people know where that reataurant is and the elephant bar is near enough next door. no idea how to post maps etc. so can't help there.

BB

Drunken Duck -- Where is it? I could not see it and I walked all the way up Soi Diana Inn this morning

Here you go...

http://www.thedrunkenduck.org/THE-LOCATION-MAP

(thanks Brit!)

7pm tomorrow night.....Friday, 2 February.

All TV members are cordially invited to meet and greet fellow members, to evaluate the facilities and to post their observations to the TV management for future pissup consideration.

Slightly off topic but if you guys feel the need for a sobering large mug of nescafe (after your evening of alcoholic libation at the DD) :D the open bar/guesthouse right on the corner further down soi L K metro (walking away from Soi Buahkao) provides such a pick me up for about 30 baht. It somehow revives the legs. :o

Edited by Pattaya_Fox

BB

BB,

If you're coming next week, I'll volunteer to make a mini-recon with you and scope it out. :o

If anyone has a location map of the Elephant Bar, please post it.

right opposite the asia pattaya hotel in pratanmuk soi4

Somewhere (anywhere) outdoors so we don't have to breathe 2nd hand smoke :D

Phil, I take it you are one of those reformed smokers, who keeps waving the air around you when people smoke, pulling faces. We could always have a beach party. Neutral ground ? :o

Simbo, I take it you are one of those addicts who try and try but who can't stop? Or keep trying to convince everybody that they "enjoy" it and don't worry about the health consequences of their habit?

Beach parties are fine as long as it's somewhere relatively safe. The Tsunami bar referred earlier is a great little place to take your girlfriend/wife but I'm not sure it's the right place for a large party, it would kinda spoil the serene atmosphere of the place.

Someone mentioned Tropical Bert has an outside area? Or maybe I got that wrong...

What about Monty's place out at the lake?

Edited by Phil Conners

Drunken Duck Recon:

Beer prices are lower than at Blues Factory.

Girls look better than at Drunk and Dare-a-Licks

Food was ok.

But no parking anywhere around and not really the place for an official Piss-up.

Nevertheless, we had a great time and nice meeting also finally Kurgen and Lovely Cutie in person!

So how many showed? Must admit, parking is non-existent but owner is great lad, couldnt miss him, might give daleyboy a run for his dosh for being giant. :o

Not a good sign when the first thing mentioned is the ladies.

Edited by britmaveric

I believe there was 9 folks there at one time last night.

The accessability was non-exsistant. I drove the truck and had to park about 500 meters down the street and walk back to the DD. Also, navigating Soi Buahkao was an event in itself.

I don't think any of us sat there for longer than 2 minutes at a time without having movies, bikini's, lighters, flowers etc. shoved in our faces. One of the more "in your face" street hawker hangouts that I seen yet.

I believe it would be too small for a gathering of more than 20 people.

I didn't eat so I'll have to defer the food issue to those who did.

The only music I heard was some sort of techno music, but it wasn't at ear splitting levels.

Don't know if the owner/manager is a TV member or not.

It would be a great place if you were a single guy on the back of a motorbike looking to have a good time, but I believe it would be a bad place to have a pissup. Once again, great company and I enjoyed meeting new faces.

My thoughts on this subject is weekly recons are too much and will end up spoiling the good thing you guys have got going.Fortnightly or even every third week would be abt ideal to keep the interest level up.

You're right and everyone had decided at the last recon to meet up every 2 weeks. And the interest is there, as we had more people at the last recon at The Caddyshack than we did at the last official pissup.

This one was kind of impromptu because we had reservations about location, accessability etc. and still had 9 people show up.

But weekly, bi-weekly or monthly, all TV members are cordially invited to meet and greet and to evaluate the possible venues.

If any TV member has any other venue that they would like to have a recon at, please post it here. Other than next weeks recon at The Elephant Bar, I don't believe there are any venues waiting in the wings.

Besides that, it will give Raro something to do on his Friday nights :o

I don't think any of us sat there for longer than 2 minutes at a time without having movies, bikini's, lighters, flowers etc. shoved in our faces. One of the more "in your face" street hawker hangouts that I seen yet.

Crikey - I hate those sort of places as well - very annoying having to say Meow Krap every other sentence. Oh well don't know until you try def sounds like there are better spots for pissups. Tropical Berts sounds like its still in #1 position?

Dave - yes, I'd pray prices would be way lower than Blues Factory, Disco or a Go Go.

My thoughts on this subject is weekly recons are too much and will end up spoiling the good thing you guys have got going.Fortnightly or even every third week would be abt ideal to keep the interest level up.

Yeah....we also had that feeling...but after we chained buriramboy to his barstool and forced him to down some refreshments at gunpoint, he relaxed finally and enjoyed our company after just one week of recovery from our last encounter... :o

The next pissup recon is scheduled of the Elephant Bar, Jomtien on...

7pm Friday night.....9, February.

All TV members are cordially invited to meet and greet fellow members, to evaluate the facilities and to post their observations to the TV management for future pissup consideration. See attached map for location.

post-13660-1170643663_thumb.jpg

Edited by jayenram

Nice meeting you all. :D

And very lovely to see Mr Buckwheat in his favourite pink shirt. :o

I have very similar opinions regarding the DD. A bit difficult to find for someone who is not familiar with the neighbourhood. And then, DVDs.. watches.. elephant.. flowers..

Not too bad of a place for a boy to hang out, though.

Why not all hop on to a baht bus and head on over to Ban Chang for a fun and cheap night out!!

It would also save me the efort of getting to Pattaya.

:D

ps can you make it easter week as im in the UK till then.

Yours hopefully

Banchang

What an incredible coincidence!

I was just about to make the same suggestion.

Myself and another TV member (who shall remain anonymous unless he chooses to volunteer his name), did a small of reccy of Bang Chang this afternoon and came to the conclusion that it would prove an excellent venue for an out of town TV Pissup.

Parking? - No problem

Food? - The offshore is a classy pub, with good cheap food.

Non smokers? - plenty of tables outside each of the bars.

Wives? - tuck them away to natter in the Offshore.

The rest of us? - there's enough bars there to have one for each attendee, and if you feel sleepy, plenty of comfortable beds on the second floor.

Who's for it? :o:D

30 mins, its where the wifes from. :D

Yes, I guess it would be about that.

I drove from The Mobi Mansion down Highway 31 and then took a right to Bangchan. About 25 mins door to door.

BTW I was joking about the wives - strictly a 'no wives' venue.

We could meet in the Offshore (plenty big enough) and take it from there... :o

With the exceptions of the first and last bar on the strip, The Camel and the Offshore bar, Ban Chang is not really a place to take the wife............................I mean, would you take your wife to Soi 6 ?

I wouldn't take my wife anywhere near any of them at night... she's got eye's like a hawk!

:o

Having said that... we have dropped in at the Camel for a Sunday lunch before.

With the exceptions of the first and last bar on the strip, The Camel and the Offshore bar, Ban Chang is not really a place to take the wife............................I mean, would you take your wife to Soi 6 ?

I wouldn't take my wife anywhere near any of them at night... she's got eye's like a hawk!

:o

Having said that... we have dropped in at the Camel for a Sunday lunch before.

I have been out with a mate before and he wanted to go soi 6, wife was along too, she wanted to go see what it so appealing, the girls hung back a fair bit with her along, she thought it was quiet funny there and got a good laugh

Nice meeting you all. :D

And very lovely to see Mr Buckwheat in his favourite pink shirt. :o

I have very similar opinions regarding the DD. A bit difficult to find for someone who is not familiar with the neighbourhood. And then, DVDs.. watches.. elephant.. flowers..

Not too bad of a place for a boy to hang out, though.

Ok,

My favorite shirt has been put away and will never see the light of day again. Maybe thats what was drawing all the hawkers? :D

Anyway,

The next pissup recon is scheduled of the Elephant Bar on...

7pm Friday night.....9, February.

All TV members are cordially invited to meet and greet fellow members, to evaluate the facilities and to post their observations to the TV management for future pissup consideration. See attached map for location.

post-13660-1170728745_thumb.jpg

Look forward to seeing everyone there :D