phuket expats & visitors

klause

Hi

as I have been informed  Phuket is a quite  large island ; patong ; kamala ;katu ; rawai;chalong ;south ;north   and etc.

in which part of phuket "German speaking" visitors or expats more than  other nations existing or residence ?( german;swiss;austrian)

* just and example : even people say in krabi "ao nang" there are mix tourists

but the Norwegians are more than other nations visitors and expats  in krabi ao nang for sure .

* another example : Pattaya : 1.British 2.usa 3. Russian  4. german 5. indian  visitors and expats  most

how is Phuket general in that case ?

Thanks

23 minutes ago, phuketjock said:

Lots of Germans everywhere on Phuket, lots of chinese, russians, french, brits, and many

other nationalities also, the place is overrun with foreigners.

Quite strange for a tourist spot eh??      :cheesy:         :clap2:

:-) nothing is strange ; simply I would like to settle in the place where more German speaking expats residence ; easy to understand I think.

Edited by klause

OP, I know what you are looking for and I am sure there are some areas with a German population. A good indication would be the local restaurants etc, drive around and find the German Swiss etc restaurants and chances are thats a German expat place.

29 minutes ago, klause said:

its too cold weather in Germany to live  as same as all around in Europe ; by the way  its also quite disturbing here  listening  day and night drunk ; noisy;rowdy;impudent; foul-mouthed Anglos next to my door. got it ?

Aside from the weather ....you're probably gonna have the SAME problem in Phuket!:shock1:

10 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Good to hear Germans don't drink.

sent using Tapatalk

Germans does drink much more surely but they drink alcohol  from mouth not from ass; actually we do not  talk here about drink ; we talk about behaviors after drink , its not a nationality case in fact ; its a culture and education case . basta

1 hour ago, klause said:

Germans does drink much more surely but they drink alcohol  from mouth not from ass; actually we do not  talk here about drink ; we talk about behaviors after drink , its not a nationality case in fact ; its a culture and education case . basta

Most Germans I have met don't need to have a drink to be a royal pain in the proverbial.

5 hours ago, beachproperty said:

If you want to settle where there is the most German speaking people.....Settle in Germany!:passifier:

That's a bit harsh BP.

Most expats indulge in foods, alcohol, movies, and sports from their home country here. 

They certainly tend to frequent establishments that cater for certain nationalities, usually due to the owner being of the same nationality. Nothing new about this.

In most cities, all around the world, certain immigrants end up in certain areas.  Many times these areas are given nick names.  Eg.  Little Italy, China Town etc. 

The OP left himself exposed to a post like yours, but I would think he is just enquiring where most of his fellow countrymen are residing so it's easier for him to meet new friends through ease of conversing. 

A newbie has to start somewhere. 

8 hours ago, NamKangMan said:

That's a bit harsh BP.

Most expats indulge in foods, alcohol, movies, and sports from their home country here. 

They certainly tend to frequent establishments that cater for certain nationalities, usually due to the owner being of the same nationality. Nothing new about this.

In most cities, all around the world, certain immigrants end up in certain areas.  Many times these areas are given nick names.  Eg.  Little Italy, China Town etc. 

The OP left himself exposed to a post like yours, but I would think he is just enquiring where most of his fellow countrymen are residing so it's easier for him to meet new friends through ease of conversing. 

Its sad that some expats when they come to Thailand want to settle with the same. Then why move?

Is not the reason for moving a change of scenery? Something new?  A change in the kind of people one lives around? A change of cultures?

All I was saying that if he wants to settle to be around Germans .....settle in Germany

Edited by beachproperty

9 hours ago, NamKangMan said:

That's a bit harsh BP.

I cant believe I actually agree with NamKangMan, a first time for everything, lol.

People cant see the irony in posting on an English (launguage) expat forum, about "not" seeking out people they have something in common with.

Edited by Peterw42

I cant believe I actually agree with NamKangMan, a first time for everything, lol.
People cant see the irony in posting on an English (launguage) expat forum, about "not" seeking out people they have something in common with.

Strangely enough so do i.

sent using Tapatalk

beachproperty and phuketjock you guys must be pretty bored  to spend time banging out troll posts.............why not provide a civil answer or just not post (?) as opposed to sarcastic nonsense. Get real.

OP stop in for lunch at Fatty's in Chalong and get the opinion of the owner there.

Also, possibly consider what it is you like to do everyday, what is important to you in your daily life and decide which part of the island provides that for you as opposed to ethnicity of neighbors.

Cheers to all and carry on !

Patong has a German / Austrian triangle around the Patong Grand Condo, otherwise you find lots of German speakers in Chalong, Rawai and Nai Harn

However, most of them are retirees and older, so not always an exciting company...

On 3/28/2017 at 4:16 PM, klause said:

:-) nothing is strange ; simply I would like to settle in the place where more German speaking expats residence ; easy to understand I think.

There are several German-owned bars and hotels on Phuket; and specifically in Patong. I like the Mangmoom Bar and Cross-Roads Guesthouse, Patong. Snorre is the owner; he knows almost every German in Phuket, the food is great, and the rooms are clean, convenient and reasonable. Look them up on facebook and talk to Snorre.

As far as Rawai goes, there's a fair bit of German activity: Guzzlers on Rawai Beach Rd is German owned, the Deutche Bundesleague (a small bar down a Soi off Sai Yuan) the Garten Lauben restaurant on  Sai Yuan 1, and of course Fattis as mentioned by the GOM earlier.

On 29.3.2017 at 6:52 AM, beachproperty said:

All I was saying that if he wants to settle to be around Germans .....settle in Germany

nowadays, this is not a valid recommendation anymore: In Germany, he would be surrounded by Turk, Arab, Nepalese, all blends of deep-tanned Zahel zone negros, Vietnamese, Paki, all blends of former Eastern Block sibblings and neighbours the like who would not speaka his language...Phuket has a clear advantage for him: He can freely converse in his native lingo

Btw: Most above nationals are the guests of that country's chancellor, they poured into the abundant meadows of milk and honey with throwing away their passports at the border crossing: This guaranteed them multiple identities, thus immediately qualifying for total social relief. No wonder that speaking "da lingo Sherman" has very low priority, nobody in the neighbourhood speaka da lingo anyway... 

Oh man,he asked a normal question and used normal language,if you can't answer why bother with stupid input?TV is a forum for all kind of nationalities,if you don't like certain nationalities keep it for you or leave the forum or open a forum by yourself with nationalities you prefer.

Like somebody else said,there are many german,austrian and swiss restaurants,specialy  Patong,I'm sure you will find information there.

By the way google is your friend,I found this  'Fruehschoppen Phuket'

Kata/Karon has many German/Swiss bars and restaurants, also German bakery in Karon.

OP - suggestion?  If you are thinking of living here why not spend a few weeks in a hotel in all of the areas previously mentioned?  Then you might get a better viewpoint of where you would like to eventually settle.