phuket expats & visitors

klause

Its sad that some expats when they come to Thailand want to settle with the same. Then why move?

Is not the reason for moving a change of scenery? Something new?  A change in the kind of people one lives around? A change of cultures?

All I was saying that if he wants to settle to be around Germans .....settle in Germany

Because people will always be drawn to like minded people, it's human nature.
Nothing wrong with living in a tropical country and enjoying all the benefits. and also hanging with expats
Just because I move to New guinea doesn't mean I'm going to hang with the cannibal tribes [emoji16]

5 minutes ago, mrmicbkktxl said:

I did,and did you read #4?If  I  get answer like that,I probably also not amused, 'What goes around comes around"

The silly answer in post #4 certainly shouldn't have elicited the insulting, bigoted response in post #6.  He upset some of the "anglos" on this forum.

He deserved what he got after that imo.

4 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

The silly answer in post #4 certainly shouldn't have elicited the insulting, bigoted response in post #6.  He upset some of the "anglos" on this forum.

He deserved what he got after that imo.

Yes  I  agree it was insulting,but again if you can't answer his question why give a stupid comment?Read his question,if you can answer it,do so,you can't answer it then move on.If we all follow these rules nobody will get upset and I guess nobody will insult anybody.

28 minutes ago, mrmicbkktxl said:

Yes  I  agree it was insulting,but again if you can't answer his question why give a stupid comment?Read his question,if you can answer it,do so,you can't answer it then move on.If we all follow these rules nobody will get upset and I guess nobody will insult anybody.

I guess there are differing opinions on what social media is, and whether it is purely for structured information or if the social side of it is just as important.

German people do have a reputation for being somewhat humourless  (I note your background) and perhaps instead of demanding or expecting everyone to respond exactly to a question, posters on forums such as this should realise that there will be silly and humorous answers, as well as genuinely helpful ones.

I had some, on topic, input to give until I saw his post at #6.

Incidentally there are many German expats living in my street, and my nearest neighbor, also from Berlin, is a very good friend.

Edited by Old Croc
changed quoted post number.

7 minutes ago, beachproperty said:

Obviously, the Germans on here are without humor.....Post #4 was not only on point but very relevant. Even though it was done "tongue in cheek"....Again over your head humor:shock1:

see my amendment in the post above

7 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

I guess there are differing opinions on what social media is, and whether it is purely for structured information or if the social side of it is just as important.

German people do have a reputation for being somewhat humourless  (I note your background) and perhaps instead of demanding or expecting everyone to respond exactly to a question, posters on forums such as this should realise that there will be silly and humorous answers, as well as genuinely helpful ones.

I had some, on topic, input to give until I saw his post at #4.

Incidentally there are many German expats living in my street, and my nearest neighbor, also from Berlin, is a very good friend.

"expecting everyone to respond exactly to a question"This is 100% correct,and from my experience [I lived in Bath near Heathrow for a few months] English people are not to different.If i'm dealing with Thais I don't expect anything near perfect or exactly,but if  I come here to TV I have higher expectations.About German humor,oh well guess Germans smile in the bathroom only.I start feeling uncomfortable if  I  walk on the street and everybody has a smile in the face,if you do that in Berlin they will call an ambulance for you,and put you in a facility for people with mental disorder,it was 20 years ago like that

On March 28, 2017 at 3:47 PM,  klause said: 

in which part of phuket "German speaking" visitors or expats more than  other nations existing or residence ?

I think your heading to the wrong part of Thailand.

I think you would feel more at home in Pattaya.

Here is another well known local.

EF698FB1-77E0-4AC4-AFA1-70840E72BED9.jpg

5 minutes ago, mrmicbkktxl said:

expecting everyone to respond exactly to a question"This is 100% correct,and from my experience [I lived in Bath near Heathrow for a few months] English people are not to different.If i'm dealing with Thais I don't expect anything near perfect or exactly,but if  I come here to TV I have higher expectations

I guess we disagree on what social media is.

If I am looking for unadulterated information on a subject, I'll first use google before expecting a bunch of addled old farts on an expat forum to straighten up, sober up, and answer ze questions!

Incidentally, I'm not British.

On 3/28/2017 at 4:29 PM, beachproperty said:

If you want to settle where there is the most German speaking people.....Settle in Germany!:passifier:

Maybe he wants a little Asian in his Oktoberfest.  Nothing wrong with that.

Screen Shot 2017-03-30 at 2.46.41 PM.png

Social Media is where all the Anonymous trolls hang out and quote other people because the do not really have a opinion of their own or  do not really know anything about the topic hoping they will get response to their trolling post and make their day

There is no reason to quote anyone else but trolls cannot help themselves and continue doing it, basically because they do not have a opinion of their own and want to disagree with other posters

The same type of people you will find at a public meeting sitting in the back row with nothing to say in any open debate

People like the OP are inviting the trolls to come out and attack them from behind their computers where they feel safe and anonymous

Edited by madmax2

On 03/04/2017 at 5:33 PM, madmax2 said:

Social Media is where all the Anonymous trolls hang out and quote other people because the do not really have a opinion of their own or  do not really know anything about the topic hoping they will get response to their trolling post and make their day

There is no reason to quote anyone else but trolls cannot help themselves and continue doing it, basically because they do not have a opinion of their own and want to disagree with other posters

The same type of people you will find at a public meeting sitting in the back row with nothing to say in any open debate

People like the OP are inviting the trolls to come out and attack them from behind their computers where they feel safe and anonymous

"Social Media is where all the Anonymous trolls hang out and quote other people because the do not really have a opinion of their own" - really????

Social media, in general, is where the individual is known, in real life, to their peers, or friends of their peers.  This is usually accompanied by photos, birth dates, occupation etc etc.

Internet forums are usually where trolls hang out, and since EVERYONE who disagrees with your opinion on the future of the Phuket economy seems to be a troll, that makes you a big troll, madmax2.

An example of a troll is someone who buys a minivan for their "son" and then talks up how there is no problem for tourists with land transport on Phuket.  Yeah, right.  :1zgarz5: