Brexit comes with conditions but can be reversed - EU parliament

webfact

6 hours ago, nauseus said:

That's just a blatantly biased opinion, Grayling is committed and demented Europhile and RIC (Remoaner-In-Chief).

Constitutionally, the referendum result was decisive and binding and not just advisory. The result authorizes and mandates the British Government to exercise its legal power to give notice to leave the EU under Article 50.

Mr. Cameron said before the referendum that the result would be respected and acted on by the government. If he thought he could have managed any way to survive by ignoring all of that, he probably would have done it. 

I take it you didn't bother reading "Briefing paper 07212", the referendum was legally not binding and very far from decisive.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, fasteddie said:

I take it you didn't bother reading "Briefing paper 07212", the referendum was legally not binding and very far from decisive.

No   give me page and para please.

9 hours ago, pitrevie said:

Given that Farage is a leading member of UKIP I think it fair to say what he says reflects quite a big chunk of the British electorate or are you unable to figure that out.. Given that Bill Cash is a leading member of the Tory hard right I think that he also reflects a wide section of the political spectrum. I thought you might have been googling to try and come up with some leading members of the REMAIN campaign who made such preposterous statements but it seems not. Its a bit like Trump when asked would he accept the result but the big difference here is now Brexiters are telling us that they would have accepted the result without whinging. 

Common statements on this forum if you cannot accept the result then you should go and live in North Korea, Try googling and find anyone following the 1975 result who made such an extreme statement.

Now this one IS weird!

I agree with Nigel Farage:

Nigel Farage wants second referendum if Remain campaign scrapes narrow win

Nigel Farage warns today he would fight for a second referendum on Britain in Europe if the remain campaign won by a narrow margin next month.

The Ukip leader said a small defeat for his leave camp would be “unfinished business” and predicted pressure would grow for a re-run of the 23 June ballot.

Farage told the Mirror: “In a 52-48 referendum this would be unfinished business by a long way. If the remain campaign win two-thirds to one-third that ends it.”

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/nigel-farage-wants-second-referendum-7985017

10 hours ago, fasteddie said:

Or google House of commons briefing paper 07212.

Yes...  done....again... CBP-7212 (2).pdf

Like I said before: P2 is contents and P3 is summary with no reference to legal or constitutional obligations.

13 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Yes...  done....again... CBP-7212 (2).pdf

Like I said before: P2 is contents and P3 is summary with no reference to legal or constitutional obligations.

This is old ground,

Look up D Lidington response to amendment 16 whilst the act was going through parliament

On 4/1/2017 at 3:53 PM, nauseus said:

That's just a blatantly biased opinion, Grayling is committed and demented Europhile and RIC (Remoaner-In-Chief).

Constitutionally, the referendum result was decisive and binding and not just advisory. The result authorizes and mandates the British Government to exercise its legal power to give notice to leave the EU under Article 50.

Mr. Cameron said before the referendum that the result would be respected and acted on by the government. If he thought he could have managed any way to survive by ignoring all of that, he probably would have done it. 

Cameron said in a speech  last week he "never really liked the EU".

Like Corbyn it seems he was a Euroscepitc?

• 3 weeks later...