Ivanka Trump becomes unpaid White House employee

webfact

Just now, Ramen087 said:

Please cease this overly emotional, irrational prose.  In the meantime please practice restraint. Thank you.

:cheesy:

When I read something like this, this is what I hear:

Oh, here's my restraint:

:coffee1:...

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, ilostmypassword said:

If something seems too good to be true, it probably is. Trump never said or wrote this.

http://www.snopes.com/donald-trump-lie-truth/

Of course, since this proof comes from snopes.com, Trump supporters should feel obliged to disbelieve snopes' verdict.

Well known.

I mistakenly thought most knew the nexus of the script.

The meme is based on one of the Huckster in Chief's heroes whose speeches he kept at his bedside; Adolf Hitler:

"The final key to the way I promote is bravado. I play to people’s fantasies. People may not always think big themselves, but they can still get very excited by those who do. That’s why a little hyperbole never hurts. People want to believe something is the biggest and the greatest and the most spectacular."

"All this was inspired by the principle – which is quite true in itself – that in the big lie there is always a certain force of credibility; because the broad masses of a nation are always more easily corrupted in the deeper strata of their emotional nature than consciously or voluntarily; and thus in the primitive simplicity of their minds they more readily fall victims to the big lie than the small lie, since they themselves often tell small lies in little matters but would be ashamed to resort to large-scale falsehoods."

"It would never come into their heads to fabricate colossal untruths, and they would not believe that others could have the impudence to distort the truth so infamously."

http://www.snopes.com/donald-trump-lie-truth/

Sound familiar?

1 hour ago, Ramen087 said:

Please cease this overly emotional, irrational prose. If you're a US citizen you can vote in the midterm election in 2018, and the 2020 presidential election. In the meantime please practice restraint. Thank you.

What are you on about? Trying to suppress free speech and dissent? Forget about it. The trump presidency is a train wreck that any rational person saw coming before he was elected. You don't get to dictate people speaking out against trump just because the "dear leader" would love to kill all the free press, just like all autocratic demagogues in history (Iike Putin). 

Edited by Jingthing

On 3/29/2017 at 8:35 PM, stander said:

Ivanka Trump is achieving all you can as the modern woman. She’s an entrepreneur, wife, and mother, yet the liberal feminists absolutely hate her.

Billions of women are wives.

Billions of women are mothers.

I'm not sure that being a wife and mother makes Ivanka Trump special or praiseworthy.

As far as an entrepreneur, she's running a business with funds obtained thru the lucky sperm/egg lottery.

She's currently being sued by 2 different shoe companies for making copies of their unique designs.

Edited by JimmyJ

Please cease this overly emotional, irrational prose. If you're a US citizen you can vote in the midterm election in 2018, and the 2020 presidential election. In the meantime please practice restraint. Thank you.

I smell troll...

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

20 hours ago, Jingthing said:

What are you on about? Trying to suppress free speech and dissent? Forget about it. The trump presidency is a train wreck that any rational person saw coming before he was elected. You don't get to dictate people speaking out against trump just because the "dear leader" would love to kill all the free press, just like all autocratic demagogues in history (Iike Putin). 

No. I am a big fan of constructive criticism, not destructive criticism.  Destructive criticism contributes little, it anything to the forum and the world at large, and detracts from the TVF. 

US Senator Sanders recently made comments about the perspective many seem have about those who voted for the current President. It addresses how it serves little purpose for those who did not make Mr. Thump their choice.  It Is a powerful opinion on the choice to be negative. It's a worthwhile read. 

Edited by Ramen087

20 hours ago, Jingthing said:

"What are you on about? Trying to suppress free speech and dissent?" 

Trying to suppress free speech and dissent? Really.  How exactly would he go about this? Does Ramen087 have some sort of secret power?

But it is interesting to note that he praised Ivanka for being a "true patriot" despite the fact that she has not put her investments in a blind trust and is still holding on to her piece of the Trump hotel in Washington.  True patriots make sacrifices for their country. The Trumps are actually enriching themselves through their government service. 

12 hours ago, up-country_sinclair said:

This woman is thoroughly unqualified for the position she's acquired through nepotism.  Ask yourself if her actual qualifications would have merited a position in any other administration and the only answer is a resounding "NO".

I see your point. She does have no previous government experience. I view this as being similar to Mr. Clinton allowing his wife to enter the political arena during his term as President.  He gave her a shot because he knew her well, and knew she cared about doing something in the service of the USA. That was early in his first term and people jumped on HRC too. I say it is OK to allow her the chance to learn and then hopefully make a contribution to the nation.

Just now, Ramen087 said:

I am a big fan of constructive criticism, not destructive criticism.  Destructive criticism contributes little, it anything to the forum and the world at large...

While you're looking for something worthwhile to read:

Trump’s Destructive Critique of America’s Allies

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/young-professionals-in-foreign-policy/trumps-destructive-critiq_b_9710656.html

Lawyers' letter to DoJ condemns Trump's 'destructive' attacks on judiciary

http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/09/politics/lawyers-letter-justice-department-trump-complaint/

Mr. Trump’s Random Insult Diplomacy

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/04/opinion/sunday/mr-trumps-random-insult-diplomacy.html?_r=0

The 325 People, Places and Things Donald Trump Has Insulted on Twitter: A Complete List

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/01/28/upshot/donald-trump-twitter-insults.html

29 Times Donald Trump Has Been Completely Insulting to Women

http://www.cosmopolitan.com/politics/news/a44629/donald-trump-insults-women/

'DESTRUCTIVE, BASELESS, RECKLESS:' WASHINGTON RESPONDS TO TRUMP WIRETAPPING CLAIMS

http://www.newsweek.com/washington-responds-trump-wiretapping-claims-564115

You don't read much do you?

9 minutes ago, Ramen087 said:

I see your point. She does have no previous government experience. I view this as being similar to Mr. Clinton allowing his wife to enter the political arena during his term as President.  He gave her a shot because he knew her well, and knew she cared about doing something in the service of the USA. That was early in his first term and people jumped on HRC too. I say it is OK to allow her the chance to learn and then hopefully make a contribution to the nation.

It might be worth reading up on Hillary Clinton.   She was a congressional legal counsel quite some time before she married Bill Clinton.   She also was involved in a number of aspects of the political area, including being first lady of Arkansas and the White House.   

This topic is about Ivanka, but is best that mis-information not be posted.  

3 minutes ago, Scott said:

It might be worth reading up on Hillary Clinton.   She was a congressional legal counsel quite some time before she married Bill Clinton.   She also was involved in a number of aspects of the political area, including being first lady of Arkansas and the White House.   

This topic is about Ivanka, but is best that mis-information not be posted.  

Since Bill was the AR governor and they were married I knew she was First Lady of AR. Her political experience prior to her WH task force was minimal, but it did exist.  I was only drawing an analogy between two Presidents putting a close relative in the WH as an appointee.  That doesn't seem to be a willful act of posting misinformation.

1 hour ago, Scott said:

The role of the First Lady is an official government role and it involves a staff and a budget.    

True. But the role usually doesn't include interaction with the congress and senate an issue such as healthcare reform (as in...creation of new legislation), as it did in 1993.  We are currently unaware of the exact role Mrs. Kushner will play in the administration.  Maybe she will find a niche, maybe she won't.  As a Presidential appointee, she deserves a chance to succeed or not.

Edited by Ramen087

1 minute ago, Ramen087 said:

True. But the role usually doesn't include interaction with the congress and senate an issue such as healthcare reform (as in...creation of new legislation), as it did in 1993.  We are currently unaware of the exact role Mrs. Kushner will play in the administration.  Maybe she will find a niche, maybe she won't.  As a Presidential appointee, she deserves a chance to succeed or not.

But at least Hillary Clinton was a policy wonk who had experience working in government.  I don't know how much Ivanka's dubious experience in women's clothing and accessories will be useful in matters of government.

27 minutes ago, Ramen087 said:

"As a Presidential appointee, she deserves a chance to succeed or not."

Why does she deserve a chance? It's a nepotistic appointment which should never have been made, and she has financial interests personally and in her father's businesses.

The orange doesn't  fall far from the tree in this family of grifters  - The shoe branch of her fashion business is making knockoffs.

Perhaps if she starts a watch division she'll try to take over the fake Rolex market.

This is one of 2 current lawsuits -

"Ivanka Trump Is Being Sued for Allegedly Stealing Shoe Designs"

http://fortune.com/2016/06/23/ivanka-trump-shoe-designs/

Note also in the article above:

"Another one of Trump's products has been in the news recently, though for different reasons. In April, the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) announced that 20,000 of her brand's scarves were being recalled for violating the U.S. Federal Flammability Standard."

Edited by JimmyJ

3 hours ago, JimmyJ said:

"As a Presidential appointee, she deserves a chance to succeed or not."

Why does she deserve a chance? It's a nepotistic appointment which should never have been made, and she has financial interests personally and in her father's businesses.

The orange doesn't  fall far from the tree in this family of grifters  - The shoe branch of her fashion business is making knockoffs.

Perhaps if she starts a watch division she'll try to take over the fake Rolex market.

This is one of 2 current lawsuits -

"Ivanka Trump Is Being Sued for Allegedly Stealing Shoe Designs"

http://fortune.com/2016/06/23/ivanka-trump-shoe-designs/

Note also in the article above:

"Another one of Trump's products has been in the news recently, thotsbhapoen all the time.ugh for different reasons. In April, the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) announced that 20,000 of her brand's scarves were being recalled for violating the U.S. Federal Flammability Standard."t time to oeff

Lawsuits happen all the time.  It may or may not be a case of infringement. I don't see how a lawsuit filed by a competitor in shoe manufacturing disqualifies Mrs. Kushner from being an unpaid advisor to the President.  As appointed by teh CiC, she has a reasonable expectation to be allowed sufficient time to provide a service to the nation. It is inherent in receiving such an appointment. 

6 minutes ago, Ramen087 said:

Lawsuits happen all the time.  It may or may not be a case of infringement. I don't see how a lawsuit filed by a competitor in shoe manufacturing disqualifies Mrs. Kushner from being an unpaid advisor to the President.  As appointed by teh CiC, she has a reasonable expectation to be allowed sufficient time to provide a service to the nation. It is inherent in receiving such an appointment. 

It's neither here nor there, but that's the first time I've heard her referred to as Mrs. Kushner. It's always Ivanka trump. Did she not take her husband's name? It appears she did not. In any case unless you can confirm she did, I suggest that you refer to her like she is referred to everywhere else, Ivanka trump.

Perhaps you are coyly trying to distance Ivanka trump from her father, the wildly unpopular donald trump. Nice try. No cigar. 

Edited by Jingthing

3 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

It's neither here no there, but that's the first time I've heard her referred to as Mrs. Kushner. It's always Ivanka trump. Did she not take her husband's name? It appears she did not. In any case unless you can confirm she did, I suggest that you refer to her like she is referred to everywhere else, Ivanka trump.

done to distinguish her from The First Lady.

1 minute ago, Ramen087 said:

done to distinguish her from The First Lady.

So you agree that Mrs. Kushner is not her name? So just call her Ivanka trump like all the rest of the world. That seems to work to distinguish her from the immigration violating first lady for everyone else.