Okay for Red Bull "Boss' not to appear, prosecutors say

webfact

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the take-away from this is:

1) Murder is an acceptable crime (for a selected few)

2) Human life Thailand has little to no value in Thailand

(I daresay if he had run over and killed a dog instead (worse, a few dogs), the backlash would have been way more serious that this!)

Let's look on the bright side of this sad affair -

1. The 'Red Bull' brand name will forever be associated with corruption.
  2. "Boss" will never again have a good friend.
  3. "Boss"s dreams will be replaced by nightmares.
  4. "Boss" has had his conscience stolen from him.
  5. I'm glad I'm not Boss.

8 minutes ago, TonyR101 said:

I dont think Boss is loosing any sleep or even gives a rats. He will live a long happy life doing as he pleases.

11 minutes ago, TonyR101 said:

I think I agree with point 1! As for the rest..........?

I have a mental list of people, those that surprise me they have not been quietly shot for any one of various reasons. I will not name them all, suffice it to say that at least two US presidents, Mugabe, Thaksin, Dhamachaya, and this guy are on the list. 

I do understand that many of these people live in fear of their lives and are well protected. This one seems to me to be an easy target! Where are the avenging family members and colleagues?

14 hours ago, fdch said:

The spokesman said the OAG did not stay put in pursuing legal suit against the heir, reasoning that the delay was due to the suspect did not report himself to the prosecutors but designated lawyers  to ask for the postponement of hearing his  prosecution.

Who the H is running the show the government or his lawyers Geeze

15 hours ago, Mikeman said:

I first reaction is to feel superior because our justice system is so much better at home.  But then I read this 

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-03-29/death-your-door-knock-and-talk-police-tactics-rip-hole-constitution

and I realize that we are no better off.  Perhaps worse off.  There doesn't seem to be any justice anywhere.

You got your first like newbie quite an alarming article. Knock and Talk or is it Do and Die. 

1 minute ago, elgordo38 said:

You got your first like newbie quite an alarming article. Knock and Talk or is it Do and Die. 

There is no question that policing and judicial practices in the US in particular, can be very heavy handed, and reeks of big brother authoritarianism on occasion. And few of us want to see anything comparable here. A lot of us like the fact that the police are rarely in our faces here. Some of us would like to see more competency on the part of both the police, and the judiciary. However if given a choice between what he have back there, and what we have here, I would always choose incompetency over authoritarianism. 

10 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Please fill us in on his accomplishments. Many of us would like to be brought up to date. I am not referring to the crackdowns that last anywhere from 48 hours to one week. I am talking about real reform. Lasting changes. We are all ears, please. 

If the change outlasts me its a lasting change. Yes real reform hmm we are getting cosmetic reform yea old shell game reform Now you see it now you don't reform. I am constantly reforming my thinking on reform. 

Signed

Reformed ole Geezer 

On ‎3‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 1:38 PM, edgarfriendly said:

@seajae

might consider - not might...

up until then they haven't even considered issuing an arrest warrant...

#classy

I must remember to use that phrase when my boss asked me to do my job.  "I might consider doing it, if ..... ". 

Do you think it'll work?

21 hours ago, ajarngreg said:

They received enough cash to shut up, believe me. 

Where was this reported, how much and if so has the money been released yet. The family is waiting for the time to expire. What is enough money in your country to shut up versus what is enough money in Thailand to shut up. Are u associated with the family?

9 hours ago, JAG said:

If you think Sukhumvit street traders and their stalls, illegal bars on Pattaya beach and parking motorcycles willy nilly are corruption on a massive scale then you really are in for a nasty shock when you discover the scale and reach of corruption here.

What's more if you think an overthrown democracy, ( no matter how flawed) and the concomitant removal of the most basic freedoms for the Thai people are justified by the examples you give, well then you sell very cheaply....
Grasshopper.

Which/what basic freedoms for  the  Thai  people  have  been removed  specifically?

Why is this news?  In a ctry where they sell drugs on the street. Everyone knows.  Yet an Aussie has a gf that has 60 pills in her apt and he gets death penalty. Yet. So. So. Many other examples.  Things wont change and seem to be getting more xenophobic.  

Cheers and carry on. I still love Thai , I guess I am manic of some sort. It doesnt add up if you stop and think but the brain kinda slows down here.  

Guess its all karma

On 30/03/2017 at 4:34 PM, JustNo said:

You're obviously missing the main point here, there should not be a double standard, justice should be equal to everyone and not dependent on race or wealth. What if that was you brother or your father that was killed, would you still be saying 'good for him'? I'm not sure if someone can be this ignorant and moronic, or maybe you're just trolling; I hope so 

"What if that was you brother or your father that was killed, would you still be saying 'good for him'?"

Of course he would because he would have accepted the compensation.

On 30/03/2017 at 7:29 PM, rkidlad said:

A certain member who likes to tell us that the rich and elite here also suffer the consequences of the law is eerily quiet on this story. 

He was all over the story yesterday using semantics over morals. Quiet today. Strange that. 

Who do you mean?

On 3/31/2017 at 9:50 AM, TonyR101 said:

6. Boss' new car burnt out near Korat on a trailer on the way to Sisaket with his license plates on, where they made them to genuine cars at the sovereign department where the main guy had to leave his post to find himself in an "inactive post " when all fell down like a card house. Unfortunately, was a relative involved. 

7. Nobody claimed those cars and there were quite a lot of nice ones on the trailer. Including the luxury tax now, more than 180 ++ million baht, that's for sure. 

9. "Boss" seems to be a little jackass who never received fresh milk out of mom's thingies.

10. There's no need playing the "Boss" when you can buy all of them. And pay for all damages. Money makes almost all possible....

11. I'm more than happy that I do not belong to such a shitty family. 

Edited by ajarngreg

25 minutes ago, gdgbb said:

Why would a moderator know what rkidlad meant?  Why the all cloak and dagger?

Because I once answered a similar question and was warned by a Moderator for making personal comments. The Moderator said that in future I was to say "a certain member said ..............," or "a certain person said................" and not to mention the poster by name. That is why rkidlad is not being specific in naming names. In essence, that is the reason for the "cloak and dagger" stuff!

Edited by sambum