72-hour emergency treatment for free at any hospital

rooster59

12 minutes ago, IMA_FARANG said:

That is funny.

Last month I fell and broke my arm and the operation  cost me 200K Baht.

I am still recuperating  and each roughly 2 weekly visits costs me 5K Ba.ht for the doctor to look at my arm and tell me it is improving

Ok, but that wasn't an acute emergency. If it had been a fracture with bone exit and bleeding, it would qualify. Acute care with a seriousness of injury that can result in death, is key.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, KenKadz said:

"information will be placed in front of the emergency section of each hospital to clarify the definition of an emergency illness."

I would like to know what qualifies as an emergency illness before I need it.

Once again, very good reporting of the facts.

Isn't it the law in developed countries that a hospital can not turn away an emergency patient? And must "stabilize" the patient's condition before the patient can be transferred or released?

Stabilizing a heart attack patient can mean administration of anti coagulants, oxygen and other drugs and then sending off to a local hospital for care if golden hour is missed.  The hospital need not provide a stent if it will not save life or prevent damage. 

Trauma care after vehicle accident can include assessment,  stopping bleeding, maintaining appropriate vitals, administration of blood. It does not mean setting of bones or cosmetic work.

Archived