• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 hours ago, biggles45 said:

"Nonsense. This claim had been refuted many times, it's an urban myth."

No it s not ! some years ago a friend was driving down soi buakaow in Pattaya at night. He slowed to turn left into a side Soi and a Thai man, on the wrong side of the road, speeding with no lights, no helmet, and later found to be drunk ran into him and was killed. Family wanted 500,000 baht but insurance would only pay 200,000, tho cops urged him to pay the extra. It was the stupid bike riders fault for gods sake, his family should get nothing 

All he would have to do is say 'no'.

It is an urban myth.

On 4/1/2017 at 8:27 PM, LivinginKata said:

Get real. Motorcycle all have basic government insurance that covers no mechanical damage and very limited medical expenses.

Wake up please.

How many motorbikes not have a licence plate or pay road tax ?

The mandatory insurance comes when you pay the tax , so not all motorbikes have insurance.

I hope you don't have to find it out for your self one day.

Cheers

Coming down the road this morning went to turn into my village and guess what? Another car was coming up the wrong way of the road I stopped my car facing him What  did he think i was going to do Give him right a way Just looked at him smiling and made him move aside OMG have these people any idea about road rules or they just dont care What shall we call him . A ghost rider or an irrogrant  thai driver 

1 hour ago, terminatorchiangmai said:

Wake up please.

How many motorbikes not have a licence plate or pay road tax ?

The mandatory insurance comes when you pay the tax , so not all motorbikes have insurance.

I hope you don't have to find it out for your self one day.

Cheers

If you look at the context of the original post by LiK you will see that your post has no connection with the comment made earlier. LiK reacted to a post hoping the motorbike rider would have insurance, LiK responded the chances of that being the case are virtually nil.