Final Exit: Chiang Mai Crematories

Mekong Bob

Whoever runs the crematorium behind Rimping and near Airport Plaza should be ashamed. The place is filthy . Along with abandoned cars are piles of rubbish and garbage blown all over the cracked concrete and weeds. They will take anyone . I was there to send off a friend. How sad he had to be last seen in such a sad and disgusting environment. 

Bob,

There are a number of electric ones around. Go towards Doi Saket on the road fronting the Prince Hotel and you will run into one at the T, like drive thru the T into it. No need to be Buddhist.

4 hours ago, johnmcc6 said:

Whoever runs the crematorium behind Rimping and near Airport Plaza should be ashamed. The place is filthy . Along with abandoned cars are piles of rubbish and garbage blown all over the cracked concrete and weeds. They will take anyone . I was there to send off a friend. How sad he had to be last seen in such a sad and disgusting environment. 

I believe this is a municipal facility.  I agree, it's disgusting.  The place has all the ambiance of a recycling center.  I've been to several "services" there.  It's the go-to facility for CM Ram hospital when people ask them to make arrangements.  I've watched family members react in horror when the hospital takes them there for the send-off of a loved one.  

12 hours ago, Mekong Bob said:

Wat Pa Phaeng (วัดป่าแพ่ง ), Mueang Samut Road, Tambon Pa Tan, Amphoe Mueang, Chiang Mai

I seem to have upset you by suggesting a place and not getting the transliteration correct. I feel sorry for you.  You are in a place I never want to visit. Check out a burger thread as it may cheer you up.