Here is a list on which papers you need for Retirement extension in Phuket Immigration.

nasa123

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Felt 35 said:

Can the confirmation letter from Embassy be as much as one month old before I apply for the extension?

Thanks

Felt

Yes, I believe it can be three months old. I know the US Embassy protested when they tried to make the income letter valid for only 30 days as their Consulate Outreach Program comes around about every three months. I know mine was at least two months old.

14 hours ago, Felt 35 said:

Can the confirmation letter from Embassy be as much as one month old before I apply for the extension?

Thanks

Felt

Income letters from Embassy/Consul can be maximum 6 months old.

23 hours ago, Felt 35 said:

Thanks

Felt

mine was 4 months old, good for 6 months

PS  did my extension last weds, in at 11:00 am out by 11:10

dont get there early,no reason to

Edited by phuketrichard

• 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, Felt 35 said:

Is there anyone with a link to the Tm.7 fillable form. I tried download in the from the main visa forum under templates but could not!

Thanks

Felt.

Google tm7 thailand and you will be presented with many link locations.

Edited by LivinginKata

3 hours ago, LivinginKata said:

Google tm7 thailand and you will be presented with many link locations.

Phuket Immigration just (last Tuesday) introduced a slightly updated version of the TM7 form. 

The section for the extension reason on the front is updated and some changes on the back.

Edited by merijn

1 hour ago, nasa123 said:

TM 7 Penang.doc

That link is for a Visa application to be made at an embassy. This thread is about retirement extensions in country.

One of the changes with the new TM7 is this notation:

[APPLICANT MUST SUBMIT THE APPLICATION IN PERSON
WITH THE EXCEPTIONS OF HANDICAPPED PATIENTS OR PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES ]

Thailand moving in to the 21st century?

A link here:

https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/975811-march-2017-tm7-entention-of-stay-form-changed/

5 hours ago, Old Croc said:

That link is for a Visa application to be made at an embassy. This thread is about retirement extensions in country.

One of the changes with the new TM7 is this notation:

[APPLICANT MUST SUBMIT THE APPLICATION IN PERSON
WITH THE EXCEPTIONS OF HANDICAPPED PATIENTS OR PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES ]

Thailand moving in to the 21st century?

A link here:

https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/975811-march-2017-tm7-entention-of-stay-form-changed/

Then I get this

Cannot GET /nov2004/download/form_tm7.pdf

2 hours ago, Jimi007 said:

Here's a link for all the forms : http://immigrationbangkok.com/thailand-immigration-forms/

A link for a pdf fillable TM 47 90 day report pdf as well: https://chiangmaibuddy.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/TM.47-chiangmaibuddy.com_.pdf

Ok, Thanks:smile:

Btw, for they who apply for re entry permit what do you write under question about previous visa to Thailand? The last visa with date from abroad or last extension from Immigration?

8 hours ago, Felt 35 said:

Ok, Thanks:smile:

Btw, for they who apply for re entry permit what do you write under question about previous visa to Thailand? The last visa with date from abroad or last extension from Immigration?

The last Visa date. An extension is not a visa. Then it asks your last entry stamp date. I never fill in the part about when you are leaving as I never know! They never say anything, they just give me a one year re-entry permit. 

On 4/10/2017 at 10:51 PM, DrDave said:

I know!  I pointed this out to him, but he was adamant about money from savings not being considered "income".

I decided that it was pointless to argue this any further, and just blew him off. I find the volunteers to be generally very helpful, but on rare occasions, they can be completely wrong in their understanding of the requirements.

On the immigration list of docs, it states one can just go to  room 3, ( in the back)   bypassing the  volunteers in the ground level front office. 

On 6/23/2017 at 1:41 PM, Jimi007 said:

Yes, I believe it can be three months old. I know the US Embassy protested when they tried to make the income letter valid for only 30 days as their Consulate Outreach Program comes around about every three months. I know mine was at least two months old.

Ubon Joe  just replied on the main Visa forum it can be 6 months old.

On 6/24/2017 at 10:13 AM, phuketrichard said:

mine was 4 months old, good for 6 months

PS  did my extension last weds, in at 11:00 am out by 11:10

dont get there early,no reason to

Last time I went just after lunch, they told me to come back the next day. Instead I sat in the office reading a paper, and  got it back about an hour later. 

Without being too intrusive- do you put a " tip " in your passport to get out so quickly? 

I am renewing (hopefully) next week. I wish I'd had all my paperwork with me today as there was no one in 103. I only went to get the 'new' forms ready for next week and the IO popped out to see if I wanted to do it then. Funnily enough the examples that are filled out are the new form but the stack on the counter are the old ones- go figure. The only difference I noted was that on the new form there is a space for a telephone number.

On the pictures stuff I asked about map, etc. IO said all I needed was a picture of me with the apartment  number, no need for a map as it was not the initial application. I shall report back next week.

11 hours ago, PhuketSarah said:

Last time I went just after lunch, they told me to come back the next day. Instead I sat in the office reading a paper, and  got it back about an hour later. 

Without being too intrusive- do you put a " tip " in your passport to get out so quickly? 

People who 'tip' are part of the problem. There's no need for it and it encourages the staff to expect it from everyone.

Going back the next day is hardly a problem (although I am envious that you got it back so quickly)- you would do this at most Embassies/consulates when applying for something- why not at Immigration. From what I understand the delay is due to the man upstairs signing off on things- if its a quiet day stuff may be done quicker. As commented on in my other post there was no one in there this afternoon. .

11 hours ago, PhuketSarah said:

<snip>

Definitely not .... and it would not make it quicker. You just have to wait your turn, have your paperwork correct.

Myself, I hand over 2,000 baht for the fee and decline the offered 100 baht change. But this does help one bit for the next year's application. If change not offered I would ask for it and take it, but I cannot remember never being offered in 20 years.

Edited by LivinginKata

On 7/11/2017 at 8:27 PM, LivinginKata said:

Definitely not .... and it would not make it quicker. You just have to wait your turn, have your paperwork correct.

Myself, I hand over 2,000 baht for the fee and decline the offered 100 baht change. But this does help one bit for the next year's application. If change not offered I would ask for it and take it, but I cannot remember never being offered in 20 years.

I meant are you getting your  extension granted in one day? 

On 5/6/2017 at 2:54 PM, Pakaty said:

Is this link for the STM. 2 form that has been mentioned in this thread?

The Thai Immigration Forms Download page has a TM. 2 and a TM. 2/1 available for download but I doubt they are the forms Phuket Immigration would want for a retirement extention.  And I don't see an STM. 2 form on that page.

So many threads going now on this, sorry if I already answered  The Address notification is the TM- 30 and is NOT a 90 day report but a whole ' nuther kettle of  headache. I had to provide a shareholder list of the company  owns the house I lease- stamped with company seal, please. 

25 minutes ago, Felt 35 said:

Can the address registration be a copy of the address I registered last year (not moved any place) or do I need to update the registration?

Thanks

Felt.

I have used the same piece of paper in my passport for at least the last three

extensions, but it is my condo in my name not sure if that makes any difference?