Two young men killed in Phuket as motorbike collides with pickup truck

rooster59

Two young men killed in Phuket as motorbike collides with pickup truck 

Eakkapop Thongtub

1491042272_1.jpg

PHUKET: Two men aged 19 and 20 were killed in Phuket after the motorbike they were riding collided with a pickup truck in Pa Khlok.

At 1.30 pm today (Apr 1) Capt Kraisorn Boonprasop of Thalang Police was informed of a fatal road accident near the entrance to Mission Heights housing estate on Para – Pa Khlok Rd.

Having arrived at the scene, Capt Kraisorn and fellow officers found a badly damaged Honda Wave motorcycle lying in a roadside ditch and a Ford pickup truck with Bangkok license plates. The pickup driver, identified as Pongsathorn Kerdpontawee, 28, suffered only minor injuries, while both the motorcycle driver and his passenger died at the scene.

The victims were identified as Worawit Angrak, 19, and Racham Kanamai, 20. Bodies were sent to Thalang Hospital for autopsy.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/two-young-men-killed-in-phuket-as-motorbike-collides-with-pickup-truck-61645.php#AkbL1yiCOu0jKqtG.97

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2017-04-01

3 minutes ago, whoareyou said:

I know what happened.

The pick up saw them clearly but suffering from big fish syndrome he pulled out of the intersection anyway.

Not his fault. Bigger vehicle wins the day again

So you witnessed the accident ?

And ... the bigger vehicle usually pays all the compensation. No win there ...

12 hours ago, whoareyou said:

I know what happened.

The pick up saw them clearly but suffering from big fish syndrome he pulled out of the intersection anyway.

Not his fault. Bigger vehicle wins the day again

My interpretation from the pics, is that the pickup was turning into the small road and the speeding bike hit it in the back quarter panel. I couldn't say if the turn was made suddenly or if he used his indicators.