Isaan insults and sayings

mike1983

Hi, I know using bad words/sayings is frowned upon when used with the wrong people.

However it would be handy to know a few sayings/words to be able to have banter with people that I know won't be offended, my Mrs is reluctant to tell me any of these as she is scared I will use them to the wrong people (she probably doesn't want me to know so she can take the piss out of me).

That being said does anybody have any words/sayings (english text) I can add to my list of everyday words I'm learning so I can cotton on to when I'm having the piss taken out of me.

Cheers

Mate, what you don't know won't hurt.
Context is everything. As a non native Thai speaker, if you don't understand the language well, then it's best not to use the swear words.

As an example: when I used to watch the funny show (slapstick comedy) at the Star Dice in Pattaya, the actors used to say a lot....'he/she/it is a golden flower'. Seems innocent, but everyone in the audience were in fits of laughter. But, if you say this to another car driver, while your driving, you may get shot!
Better to be pissed of and know they are talking about you, but don't worry.[emoji1]

Sent from my SM-J700F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

If some one jumps in front of me in a queue I say:

Tsang Queue lor

I do with a cheeky smile and they smile and say khotoord khotoord. 

Only done it twice be careful, it may end in tears if you pick the wrong queue jumper!

Edited by Rc2702

Haha, cheers Guys it's sounding like safety first is the best option here haha, thai insults are easy to come across, it's the isaan ones I'm having difficulty with, but with talk of getting shot I think I'm best learning as I go along.

Isan insults are not really my strongpoint. 

The one thing I do know is that if the Mrs. is calling you darling and it sounds more like daak-ling, then she is taking the piss out of you. 

daak = the Isan word for ass

ling = monkey

So daak-ling = monkey ass :)