Anywhere to check transaction values

Hi, I am moving to BKK next month and considering buying a condo as my home.

1) Is there any way knowing the values of properties sold in BKK? In HK, we can find that out from the Land Department or from the free database of major realtors.

2) If I was shown a condo by an agent and late shown again the same property by a different agent, am I obligated to make the transaction with the first agent?

3) Who pays for the agent's commission in renting and buying? How much is it? Is it negotiable?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

On 02/04/2017 at 8:05 AM, beleebala said:

Is there any way knowing the values of properties sold in BKK?

None at all. You should assume that all asking prices are way over the top and that anyone connected with the sale is lying to you. That way you wont make too many mistakes.

This is  NOT Hong Kong, or any other sort of country that has consumer protection and laws with teeth. This is the jungle.

The best thing you can do is to rent for at least a year in the area you are interested in. Then do your research, check prices for all the condo's that you consider and do that for a year.

You will then know considerably more and are in a better position to judge prices.

You will also know more about that particular area and if it suits your needs and does not have to many negatives.

If the area is not to your liking, repeat in another area.

Best of course is to widen your search and consider three-four areas.

16 minutes ago, reenatinnakor said:

For the price of a 2 bed 500 Sq ft flat in hk you can buy a mansion here with a swimming pool! Good luck and enjoy.

Sent from my LG-H990 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

And for the price of a Vios in Singapore, you can get a 60 sqm 1-bedrooom condo in Bangkok...

But you cannot get a long-term visa here to enjoy the condo if you are below 50 years of age.

And for the price of a Vios in Singapore, you can get a 60 sqm 1-bedrooom condo in Bangkok...

But you cannot get a long-term visa here to enjoy the condo if you are below 50 years of age.

I'm below 50 and have been coming on tourist visas for the last 8 years! It is possible, but aittle extra work. I did think about the 500k elite program... But i only have another 5 years then I'm 50!

Sent from my LG-H990 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

2 hours ago, trogers said:

A one year married/retirement visa is not what i would call long term. But it keeps you on your toes and realize that the 'dream' can be over soon. Compared to Malaysia where you get a reality check every 10 years. That allows you to go into slumber mode and when it is time for renewal it can be a rude awakening.