Video: Mob "justice" as bus passenger films taxi attack

webfact

Video: Mob "justice" as bus passenger films taxi attack

5pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

BANGKOK: -- Thai netizens commented in their thousands after a group of men were filmed attacking a taxi with bits of wood.

Egged on by passengers on a passing bus the men smash the windscreen of the taxi and try to get the driver out of the vehicle.

Someone is heard to shout that the driver had fled the scene of an accident.

Sanook reported that the footage was shared to the Youlike page and that many commented that this kind of behavior was not acceptable even if the driver had been in the wrong.

No one was sure what had led up to the attack which was further reason for much online speculation, said sanook.

The footage was shared on Facebook by "Khon Ngo thii peun ja khao jai" (The fool who just realized).

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-04-04

The behaviour of people here never ceases to amaze me. I can't think of anywhere in the civilised world where you can do this and expect there not to be consequences.

I don't really care what the taxi did or didn't do leading up to this. I hope the idiot who smashed the windscreen and mirrors gets to pay for the repairs.

The big summer school holidays has lots of teenagers with nothing to do. Idle hands are the devils tools. City kids should have the opportunity to go to cheap, government subsidised summer camps or adventure camps in the countryside or at the beach. Being stuck in the city can't be good for kids. They need a break or holiday just like everyone else.

1 hour ago, tukkytuktuk said:

The big summer school holidays has lots of teenagers with nothing to do. Idle hands are the devils tools. City kids should have the opportunity to go to cheap, government subsidised summer camps or adventure camps in the countryside or at the beach. Being stuck in the city can't be good for kids. They need a break or holiday just like everyone else.

I agree about the camps but why the government has to open them from taxpayers' money?

3 hours ago, darksidedog said:

The behaviour of people here never ceases to amaze me. I can't think of anywhere in the civilised world where you can do this and expect there not to be consequences.

I don't really care what the taxi did or didn't do leading up to this. I hope the idiot who smashed the windscreen and mirrors gets to pay for the repairs.

Not true. The apologists will be along soon to correct you and tell you this is exactly the same as every other country

3 hours ago, ratcatcher said:

"Mob Justice"? One guy with a broken wooden pallet?. The show must go on........................

Mob referred to is likely the masses reacting to it online with their commets.

Edited by Iumentum
typo

1 hour ago, Reigntax said:

Neandathal man did survive and thrives in one small SE Asian country.

Hey, let's not insult Neanderthals!

When you have police who see their function as collecting bribes, a justice system that is a laughingstock, what else could one expect other than "mob justice"? The "social contract" between government and governed does not seem to exist.

2 hours ago, fruitman said:

I agree about the camps but why the government has to open them from taxpayers' money?

And with the current typical behaviors would you allow your own teenage kids to go to such camps and run the risk of being beaten up, raped, hazed, drowned, killed?

No thanks

Edited by scorecard

The camp idea comes from when I was a lad growing up in the U.K. I had lots of choices during the summer holidays such as:-
- the cubs
- the scouts
- the cadets
- the Duke of Edinburgh award
- Adventure holiday's in Scotland partly paid for by a charity for kids.
- Cricket, golf, football, tennis, squash, snooker, rugby clubs to join
- Rambling, hiking and orienteering.
- mountain climbing, cycling, even a yachting club.
- music, brass band, pop band

Also I was watching a documentary about Finland and their education system. They encourage the children to do all these things. Enjoy their childhood and that school and home work isn't important having fun and playing is.

18 minutes ago, tukkytuktuk said:

The camp idea comes from when I was a lad growing up in the U.K. I had lots of choices during the summer holidays such as:-
- the cubs
- the scouts
- the cadets

Also I was watching a documentary about Finland and their education system. They encourage the children to do all these things. Enjoy their childhood and that school and home work isn't important having fun and playing is.

Laudable but not reflective of  Thailand today with kids that spend more time looking at a mobile phone or  playing games.

I too spent my summers in the country, first at our home and then at summer camp. Wasn't a big fan as I disliked organized activities and "structure". The prospect of being bossed around by camp counsellors 8-15 years older than me who weren't qualified other than being cheap babysitters, was sort of pathetic.  Also hated  deer flies, black flies, mosquitos, and "roughing" it.

41 minutes ago, tukkytuktuk said:

- the cubs
- the scouts
- the cadets

What?

5 hours ago, steven100 said:

the driver is probably lucky he fled ....   so the taxi driver cut the bus off and an accident followed or similar  ...

Imagine being a passenger in the back seat  :shock1:

Looks to me that he is sitting in the car

1 hour ago, tukkytuktuk said:

- the cubs
- the scouts
- the cadets

Good for you but BKK kids can't play outside, they might get tanned there or get dirty hands, can't have that.

So they can choose between the cellphone, computer, videogames or playing soccer in the cage (at night of course).

6 hours ago, tukkytuktuk said:

"Idle hands are the devil's tool". Oh shit.  You really believe that. Jeeeez. Where do you live? Just outside of Reality?