Honda Rebel 300 - any thoughts or comment ?

CharlieH

Considering one of these 145k baht. Havnt ridden for sometime but this got the juices flowing again.

Not a huge touring fan but like popping about on one and easier for trips into the city.

946331b828519c866cfaa43bc4f198c6.jpg

• Like 1

Well if it get your juice flowing and you like the sitting position why not.

This is not a bike type you would red line too much on, but more cruising along on.

The 500cc will be better with much more toque but off-course at a higher price.

I haven't seen them in the flesh yet so will not comment on the looks.

From Keeway you have the Dorado 250, which is a basic cruiser that Keeway is selling for the last 5 years…. The Keeway Dorado 250 still uses carburetors for fueling. Another 250cc V-twin cruiser from Keeway is the Blackster 250 which is simply said a modern version of the Dorado 250, bit different design – matt black paint job… some more modern gadgets and of course it is equipped with a modern fuel injection system.

For both motorcycles Keeway gives 3-year warranty.

The second options come from Lifan, they have the LF250-B which is a basic 250cc V-twin cruiser with carburetors, they also have the LF250-P which has a modern fuel injection system… and again the fuel-injection model has a few more gadgets…

For both motorcycles Lifan Thailand gives 2-years warranty.

P.S. The 2017 Yamaha V-Star 250 also still uses carburetors for fueling...

Edited by Richard-BKK
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Ken said:

Bought my Honda Rebel 300 cc in Korat about 6 weeks ago.  So far, quite happy with it.  Just got back from a Nong Khai trip yesterday.  Just under 6000 km so far.  Price was 159,500 Baht.

rebel.jpg

Your price was 159,500 Baht. A 10% premium. Because you were an early-adopter. Usual Honda retailer shenanigans with new models of bigger bikes. The scooter market is too competitive for this business model to succeed.

The price is 145,000 Baht.

Edited by bobbin

At least test ride it... if possible.

I had the work done RnR crankshaft... It was done right, engine is fine on the CBR 300R.

I would move up...to the at least the 500..

On the pegs mate

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bobbin said:

Your price was 159,500 Baht. A 10% premium. Because you were an early-adopter. Usual Honda retailer shenanigans with new models of bigger bikes. The scooter market is too competitive for this business model to succeed.

Maybe it included the saddle bags, top box and rack? 

Any thoughts?

Yeah - don't.

Hideous. IMHO.

The most ugly bike (not difficult) the Japanese have brought out in decades.

Get yer motor runnin', head out on the highway... But aspiring future budding Peter Fondas and Dennis Hoppers of this world are gonna just look complete knob heads as they peruse themselves in the shop window reflections as they cruise down the high street...

A kosha chopper it aint. In fact i dunno what it is or pretends to be.

20 hours ago, Namplik said:

Maybe it included the saddle bags, top box and rack? 

To be fair.  No, the price did not include the saddle bags, top box and rack.  It did include ABS, the rear passenger seat, crash bars, tank guards, some chrome colored fairing pieces.  As well as 1 year insurance and registration (green book).  I bought the saddle bags and top box from Chang Rai Saddle.  I had the rack made for 500 Baht, as the Honda rack was not available for a couple of months and I wanted something sooner.

A few more photos attached.

DSCF0175.jpg

DSCF0176.jpg

DSCF0178.jpg

DSCF0180.jpg

• Like 2

• 10 months later...
On 4/7/2017 at 6:48 AM, Richard-BKK said:

From Keeway you have the Dorado 250, which is a basic cruiser that Keeway is selling for the last 5 years…. The Keeway Dorado 250 still uses carburetors for fueling. Another 250cc V-twin cruiser from Keeway is the Blackster 250 which is simply said a modern version of the Dorado 250, bit different design – matt black paint job… some more modern gadgets and of course it is equipped with a modern fuel injection system.

For both motorcycles Keeway gives 3-year warranty.

The second options come from Lifan, they have the LF250-B which is a basic 250cc V-twin cruiser with carburetors, they also have the LF250-P which has a modern fuel injection system… and again the fuel-injection model has a few more gadgets…

For both motorcycles Lifan Thailand gives 2-years warranty.

P.S. The 2017 Yamaha V-Star 250 also still uses carburetors for fueling...

I've searched the Yamaha Thailand websites to find a listing for the V-Star 250, can't find anything. Do you have a link by chance? Thanks.

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 4/8/2017 at 8:46 AM, bobbin said:

ower prize 300cc bike, new at honda shop cost 130 000B just yesteday has test sittingm heavy but good 500cc has lower little. 300 have better sitting nit noi up have, but both have same frame,same tires,all same only cylinder bore have different. i test same trip to city new legend ,too low too little motor too toy feel, wery ugly, too smal. and stallion no newer wery ugly shit sitting, really bad drive, small size, big shit.

Edited by finnishmen
  • Confused 2