snoop1130

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

Should snap already at 5 km above speed limit.

I have been snapped at 2 km/hr above the speed limit.

On Highway 7 from the airport to Pattaya.

When the signs say 120 is the limit, that's exactly what it is.

And that's probably what the cameras have been calibrated to... 121 km/hr or more.

3 hours ago, NE1 said:

Surely the speed limit for that stretch of road is not 120 kph but 90 kph.

I agree... that road does not appear to be designated as a 120 km/hr limited zone.

11 minutes ago, Encid said:

I have been snapped at 2 km/hr above the speed limit.

On Highway 7 from the airport to Pattaya.

When the signs say 120 is the limit, that's exactly what it is.

And that's probably what the cameras have been calibrated to... 121 km/hr or more.

I agree... that road does not appear to be designated as a 120 km/hr limited zone.

Well in mine opinion i do not know any road in Thailand where the max speed limit for cars can be over 100 km an hour.people will mind their speed once their speed tickets piles up in their mail box and Thailand can build lovely parks from your speeding fines.

17 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

Well in mine opinion i do not know any road in Thailand where the max speed limit for cars can be over 100 km an hour

I can assure you that the motorway 7 between Bangkok and Pattaya has a speed limit for cars of 120 km/hr.

Motorway 7 stretches from Sri Nakharin Road in Bangkok, passes Motorway Route 9 (Kanchanaphisek Road), Suvarnabhumi Airport, bypasses Chonburi, and terminates at Pattaya.

So has the Bangkok ring road, motorway 9.

Motorway 9 also known as the Outer Ring Road or Kanchanaphisek Road is a limited-access highway or motorway that links the outer fringes of Greater Bangkok. The eastern and southern route is a toll section, which extends from Bang Pa-In through Lam Lukka, Ram Inthra, and meets motorway Route 7 at Thap Chang interchange.

And just to keep the discussion on-topic, both the motorways above have many permanently mounted speed cameras installed.

1 minute ago, Encid said:

I can assure you that the motorway 7 between Bangkok and Pattaya has a speed limit for cars of 120 km/hr.

Motorway 7 stretches from Sri Nakharin Road in Bangkok, passes Motorway Route 9 (Kanchanaphisek Road), Suvarnabhumi Airport, bypasses Chonburi, and terminates at Pattaya.

Motorway 9 also known as the Outer Ring Road or Kanchanaphisek Road is a limited-access highway or motorway that links the outer fringes of Greater Bangkok. The eastern and southern route is a toll section, which extends from Bang Pa-In through Lam Lukka, Ram Inthra, and meets motorway Route 7 at Thap Chang interchange.

And just to keep the discussion on-topic, both the motorways above have many permanently mounted speed cameras installed.

Yes i know but iN mine opinion the max speed limit for cars in Thailand need to be max 100 km so u would get ticket once u go 103 km and up

11 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

Yes i know but iN mine opinion the max speed limit for cars in Thailand need to be max 100 km so u would get ticket once u go 103 km and up

Fair enough... you are entitled to your opinion.

I stated facts...1) that there are roads within Thailand that do have a speed limit for cars or 120 km/hr, and 2) it is possible to be snapped by a speed camera doing only 2km/hr over the speed limit. I have the photograph (read fine) to prove it.

What I did speculate on however was the photograph in the OP... that particular road does not appear to qualify to be designated as a 120 km/hr limited zone as it is not a divided multiple lane motorway.

From the OP: "between the 14th and 15th kilometre markers on Highway No 43 in Songkhla’s Na Mom district".

Also from the OP: "police suspected a disgruntled local motorist who was fined for exceeding the legal speed limit of 120 kilometres per hour was responsible".

Perhaps a local could advise?

Edited by Encid

12 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

120km/hr is a very fast speed.  That is almost 74.5 m/hr.  I don't go that fast on big 4 lane decent interstate hiways in the USA.  Kinetic energy increases as the square of the velocity.  Many 60 MPH accidents are very survivable because you usually have a chance to brake slow down, impact absorption etc.  But getting above 70 mph just increases danger rapidly

I have never driven this road but find it difficult to believe (from looking in Street View) that a four lane highway with median and unrestricted access would be posted to 120 kph. Looking at it the national speed limit of 90kph is probably the actual limit.

38 minutes ago, Encid said:

I stated facts...1) that there are roads within Thailand that do have a speed limit for cars or 120 km/hr, and 2) it is possible to be snapped by a speed camera doing only 2km/hr over the speed limit. I have the photograph (read fine) to prove it.

What I did speculate on however was the photograph in the OP... that particular road does not appear to qualify to be designated as a 120 km/hr limited zone as it is not a divided multiple lane motorway.

From the OP: "between the 14th and 15th kilometre markers on Highway No 43 in Songkhla’s Na Mom district".

Also from the OP: "police suspected a disgruntled local motorist who was fined for exceeding the legal speed limit of 120 kilometres per hour was responsible".

U seem very disturbed about your speeding ticket hope the next time you reduce you speed?

1 minute ago, Destiny1990 said:

U seem very disturbed about your speeding ticket hope the next time you reduce you speed?

I use a speed limiter now. :wink:

As I use to do in America and yes it is illegal but no way was I going to pay a hefty fine when these speed cameras were shown to nothing more than cash cows. I bought for the front and back license plate bracket a plastic cover that allowed it sit pretty much flush against the license plate and be attatched with screws. You could still plainly see the license number and the registration sticker but when a photo radar or speed camera took a picture there was nothing there but a glare from the reflected image. Worked wonders and I had never had any problems with tickets again. I could make a fortune importing a couple of thousand of them to Thailand and getting the G/F's family to sell them in the Wednesday market and the weekend market. Thais would snap them up like hot cakes.

Sent from my SM-T805 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

1 hour ago, idman said:

As I use to do in America and yes it is illegal but no way was I going to pay a hefty fine when these speed cameras were shown to nothing more than cash cows. I bought for the front and back license plate bracket a plastic cover that allowed it sit pretty much flush against the license plate and be attatched with screws. You could still plainly see the license number and the registration sticker but when a photo radar or speed camera took a picture there was nothing there but a glare from the reflected image. Worked wonders and I had never had any problems with tickets again. I could make a fortune importing a couple of thousand of them to Thailand and getting the G/F's family to sell them in the Wednesday market and the weekend market. Thais would snap them up like hot cakes.

Sent from my SM-T805 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Just spray your front and back number plates with spray N cook. Does the same.

7 hours ago, Ulic said:

If they added a couple of red light runner cameras in Pattaya they would give out

10 times that number of tickets. :thumbsup:

Especially at the Suk-Khao Talo intersection. A nightmare. 

8 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

and where I live usually put where they will make money, not where they will make people drive slower due to a dangerous area.

In my town, with a general rule off 70 km/h speed limit, you can at a certain stretch increase speed to 90km/h for like 20 meters before you get a sign reading 70km/h again with a speed camera right behind the sign. 

2 hours ago, Encid said:

But there are signs to say 90kph every bridge, but not saying back to 120. And the matrix signs usually say 90. Which do you obey?

17 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

But there are signs to say 90kph every bridge, but not saying back to 120. And the matrix signs usually say 90. Which do you obey?

Is there a similar rule in thailand where a speed restriction is only valid up to the next intersection with another road? 
Like in Belgium, we now have a general limit of 70kph on the road (except highway) but whenever you get a sign saying you can only go 50 kph or you can drive 90 kph, it is only valid up to the next intersection.

4 hours ago, Encid said:

I know this road quiet well and we will move there in the near future, so glad to know. There are no speed limit signes, so should be 80 or 90 at max. It's a well built road with not to much traffic, but it's unfenced, surely not for 120.

23 hours ago, naboo said:

2000 tickets per day from 2 cameras!

At 1000B a ticket (I heard, not sure) that is 2 million Baht a day!

Well in other parts of the world...YES.

But was there not a thread a few days ago that over 80% (forgot the exact figure) are not paid.

On 4/6/2017 at 8:32 PM, naboo said:

2000 tickets per day from 2 cameras!

At 1000B a ticket (I heard, not sure) that is 2 million Baht a day!

Maybe they can start paying them more, and get them to actually work!!

On 06/04/2017 at 8:26 PM, Smiley Face said:

Wow, must be a real money-making location to get that prompt of attention from the police.  Never knew them to react this quickly to issues where there was no monetary benefit to themselves. But hey, what do I know?

Probably do the job at midday when the street lights are on!

On 4/7/2017 at 2:43 AM, gk10002000 said:

120km/hr is a very fast speed.  That is almost 74.5 m/hr.  I don't go that fast on big 4 lane decent interstate hiways in the USA.  Kinetic energy increases as the square of the velocity.  Many 60 MPH accidents are very survivable because you usually have a chance to brake slow down, impact absorption etc.  But getting above 70 mph just increases danger rapidly

God you're boring. :smile:

23 hours ago, rmacee said:

Stick WiFi in there and all images automatic transmitted to central system ..and a proximity device that photographs anything within 1 meter ..just thinking out loud !!

Lets just stick a wifi device on every car's speedometer and automatically bill them everytime they exceed the limit :post-4641-1156693976:.

I hate the speed cameras as they can't differentiate from someone that went over the limit for just a few seconds at that point, and someone continually speeding dangerously. My speed camera ticket was such a momentary "blip" caused by a dip in the road, which caused many to exceed the limit momentarily.

11 hours ago, Redline said:

Maybe they can start paying them more, and get them to actually work!!

Thought it was decided that unpaid tickets would be linked to road tax and would have to be paid before a new tax sticker would be issued.

Yes, I know what will happen.??

12 hours ago, overherebc said:

Thought it was decided that unpaid tickets would be linked to road tax and would have to be paid before a new tax sticker would be issued.

Yes, I know what will happen.??

Well, I believe that was a suggestion.  In actuality, I was speaking about the police.  If they could pay them better, maybe they would work.  But, I know I just got overexcited for a moment