Driver sexually assaulted child and robbed passenger, hopes to keep driving taxi after prison

webfact

Driver sexually assaulted child and robbed passenger, hopes to keep driving taxi after prison

By Coconuts Bangkok

bkk.jpg

Screenshot: Twatchai Lee/ YouTube

BANGKOK: -- A Bangkok taxi driver who was previously convicted for raping a minor and has recently been arrested for robbing and sexually assaulting a female passenger said he’d like to go back to driving taxis after getting out of jail.

Komsan Totim, 34, was presented in a police press conference Wednesday night as he is facing robbery and sexual assault charges for allegedly victimizing a Burmese woman. He denied the latter.

According to the 27-year-old woman, she took Komsan’s cab from Sutthisan Road to see her friend in the Pattanakarn area on the morning of April 1. However, the driver stopped his car by Thiam Ruam Mit Road. He robbed and attempted to rape her.

Full story: https://coconuts.co/bangkok/news/driver-sexually-assaulted-child-robbed-passenger-hopes-keep-driving-taxi-prison/

coconts_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Coconuts Bangkok 2017-04-07

“A Bangkok taxi driver who was previously convicted for raping a minor and has recently been arrested for robbing and sexually assaulting a female passenger said he’d like to go back to driving taxis after getting out of jail.

He's fortunate he's not in an American prison, because the only driving would be done by his 150 kilo cellmate "Tiny", and you know with what and where he would drive it.

Edited by jaltsc

2 minutes ago, darksidedog said:

Given some of the crazy sentences handed out over here, I would like to think he will be too old to drive a taxi by the time he gets out.

If his past sentence is any indication....he's going to be out very soon.....

Media reports said Komsan was previously convicted for rape of a minor under the age of 15. He served a three-year sentence and was released in 2014.

2 minutes ago, jaltsc said:

“A Bangkok taxi driver who was previously convicted for raping a minor and has recently been arrested for robbing and sexually assaulting a female passenger said he’d like to go back to driving taxis after getting out of jail.

yeah, it is like a pedofile asking to return to kindergarden to teach toddlers.

1 minute ago, Sphere said:

If his past sentence is any indication....he's going to be out very soon.....

Hopefully someone in prison who has kids takes this guy out by sheer accident, i.e. he bumped into my screw driver 141 times when I was working on the thing I was making for my kids

1 hour ago, webfact said:

said he’d like to go back to driving taxis after getting out of jail.

I bet he would.

On another note, isn't it truly amazing how fast the Thai judicial system is working whenever a nobody has been implicated in a crime? I mean, he allegedly assaulted the Myanmar woman only on April 1st, and he's already been arrested and arraigned and charged.

On the other hand, the Red Bull brat almost immediately received bail and was allowed to abscond. And after 5 long years he still is on the loose, travels the world as he pleases, moves freely whenever he's in the country, can request postponement after postponement to acknowledge the charges against him and has not even had an arrest warrant issued in his name yet.

And we are to believe the good general that the law is equally applied to everybody? 

So, to get this in context. He never robs or rapes unless he is driving a taxi? Other taxi drivers don't rob or rape? Being a robber and or rapist makes you want to drive taxis? Or none of the above are mutually exclusive?