Father selling house to pay for seriously injured daughter’s care

snoop1130

Father selling house to pay for seriously injured daughter’s care

By The Nation

ba8f21ac47678e407c535c61945a2aff.jpeg

The elderly father of a 26-year-old female doctor – who has been in a coma since January 6, after her car was involved in a collision in Phayao’s jun district – is selling his home in Bangkok for Bt2.5 million to fund his daughter’s long-term care.

Widower Narin Manakasetthan said that the house on Nimitmai Road in Klong Sam Wa district was meant to be an inheritance for Dr Chanoksuda Manakasetthan, who was transferred to Chiang Mai's Maharat Hospital two months ago.

"It's a pity that my daughter had studied so hard for six years to be a doctor and she only worked as doctor for two years when she is seriously wounded in the accident. It pains my heart to see her like this and I will do anything to help her to live her life again like before," he said.

He said he had been both father and mother to Chanoksuda since his wife died. "I hope one day my daughter will recover," he said. 

Narin said anybody interested in buying the house can contact his friend, named Monlanee, in Bangkok at 095-516-8855. It is difficult for him to take calls because he has to be with his daughter in Chiang Mai. 

He also thanked everybody who has given the family morale support.

Since Narin announced he would have to sell his house, without asking for donations, more than 10,000 people have shared his post on Thai social media.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/national/30311679

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-4-7

I hope the Thai's rally behind him and start a fund for her, that way he wouldn't have to sell up and if she recovers can have a place to stay in the future.

Life can have its turn at anytime, God give her strength and the father courage. 

Edited by 4MyEgo

I can understand why his morale is low. However ThaiVisa could also provide some moral support!!!

:sorry:

Heartwarming. There are myriad Thais out there like this; it's a shame folk on TV have to tar them all with the same brush.

What has Thai Visa or it's members done wrong? Tell us please. As long as you follow the forum rules the member can voice his/her opinion. And Thai Visa has just published this guy's telephone number so he can sell his house quick to pay for long term treatment of his daughter.

His uniform looks like it belongs to someone who is pretty senior in government service. Normally  anyone in the public service has medical and hospital coverage for themselves and family.

This post started out in a nice and freindly way but it was not long before the apes stepped in.

This guy, whoever he is and however many houses he may owne, is doing the right thing.

I hope his daughter recovers and that they can spend more years together.

The result of yet another accident on Thai roads. And so it goes on and on and on and on and on.

Feel much safer on Thai roads than US roads. My most memorable moment there, of many moments, is the one where a college girl plowed into the rear of my car while I was at a red light, because she was too busy to look up while texting her duck face selfies.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

22 minutes ago, mallyrd said:

This post started out in a nice and freindly way but it was not long before the apes stepped in.

This guy, whoever he is and however many houses he may owne, is doing the right thing.

I hope his daughter recovers and that they can spend more years together.

Part of the problem is that there are quite a few posters who can find nothing positive about Thailand and vent their spleen and ignorance by attacking anything that looks positive about Thailand and the Thai people, including one on this thread with 2 negative comments.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to be the singular harsh voice in this thread, but I wonder how much of the dad's money was acquired thru corruption...they look like nice people, but it's difficult for me to muster any sympathy for Thais at this point...so much of their troubles are of their own doing...and their successes the result of corruption and theft...

11 minutes ago, hdkane said:

Sorry to be the singular harsh voice in this thread, but I wonder how much of the dad's money was acquired thru corruption...they look like nice people, but it's difficult for me to muster any sympathy for Thais at this point...so much of their troubles are of their own doing...and their successes the result of corruption and theft...

Congratulations on getting <deleted> of the day award.