Weather too hot for wife

kunfish

On April 9, 2560 BE at 7:42 PM, kunfish said:

Yep. There you go. She wants to buy a pool and fill it with ice.

Her friends are calling us asking if I'm okay.

She had a bad headache for 2 days. We went to market and she ate somtam. She was cured of headache and indigestion.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah, one of the ways to deal with the heat is to be careful not to get over heated - then it is difficult to cool down... got to keep that body temperature under control. And this year isn't that bad... 

No Thai really likes the hot weather because we have a bit too much of it freely available.

We like the A/C in our homes, cars, shopping malls etc.  Humans are an interesting bunch as we tend to appreciate what we don't have.

When was the last time you saw a thai sunbathing?!

No Thai really likes the hot weather because we have a bit too much of it freely available.
We like the A/C in our homes, cars, shopping malls etc.  Humans are an interesting bunch as we tend to appreciate what we don't have.
When was the last time you saw a thai sunbathing?!

No need for sunbathing when you are brown all over already?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No need for sunbathing when you are brown all over already?

And darker skin in Thailand implies lower social rank, as in farm labourers. Why do you think all the hi-so and tv stars are almost as white as farangs!

And darker skin in Thailand implies lower social rank, as in farm labourers. Why do you think all the hi-so and tv stars are almost as white as farangs!

No shortage of skin whitening creams for sale

• 2 weeks later...

We live in Arizona. Years ago when I was living and working in Thailand and dating my wife, she used to tease me about the heat. I told her she didn't even know what heat was until she lived through an AZ summer. She didn't believe me. 13 AZ summers later she now gets it and we are looking forward to our annual vacation to Thailand in June to get away from the heat!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

I went to my place in Laos for pee mai Lao after not being there for around a year. In the mean time I had been in America in the late winter and living in an air con condo in Bangkok.

I have one room in Lao that is air con but for the most part it is all outdoor living it is more like what some people would call a holiday camp. It was above 40 and even the pool water was maybe 32 and not refreshing. 

The tiles around the pool were so hot you couldn't even walk on them bare foot. It is simply the wrong time of year to go anywhere you can not constantly be inside air con. Not a mistake I will repeat again. 

There are a few places that have great weather all year round but Thailand isn't one of those places. I would say Thailand has good weather maybe 4 months a year. 

• 1 month later...