Coldplay make stellar performance in front of 50,000 strong crowd in Bangkok

webfact

Coldplay make stellar performance in front of 50,000 strong crowd in Bangkok

cp1.jpg

BANGKOK: -- British rock band Coldplay played a sold out show in Bangkok on Friday night and proved why they have such a huge following around the world.

The evening was remarkably well organized in spite of the large crowd, many of whom took the BTS at Ramkhamhaeng and got free shuttle buses or motorbike taxis.

Coldplay's concerts are famous for their remote-controlled bracelets that allow the crowd to be "set on fire" harmoniously during certain songs. Bracelets at distributed at the entrance of the stadium and the neophytes must have wondered what it could be until all the wrists suddenly burst into a true musical communion.

The show featured other things synonymous with a Coldplay performance such as fireworks, giant balloons and confetti falling down over the crowd in the packed stadium.

Besides the big stage, the band plays on two other small scenes to get closer to the distant public (photo).

The crowd sang along to old favourites Yellow and The Scientist, while the band also debuted its new collaboration with The Chainsmokers.

Other fan favourites including Paradise, Hymn to the Weekend and trademark tune Fix You.

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-04-10

I was tuned from birth to country and western most of the rest I tuned out. Good to see young people have fun. It would play H with my well as explained below

The most common cause of tinnitus is damage and loss of the tiny sensory hair cells in the cochlea of the inner ear. This damage typically occurs as a result of the normal aging process, and from prolonged exposure to excessively loud noise. Hearing loss coincides with tinnitus.

4 hours ago, joecoolfrog said:

Its melodic , mainstream rock . In that context the quality is very good indeed , hence the millions of records sold over a long period of time.

Its pop music. Bit of a stretch to call it rock. Selling millions of record is hardly a measure of quality. Justin Beiber etcc..

More like millions of people have low standards which also explains why junk food chains sell so much low quality food and make billions.

On 4/10/2017 at 6:17 PM, elgordo38 said:

I was tuned from birth to country and western most of the rest I tuned out.

Each to their own. Do you like jazz, too? I lump them both into the same category... not to be taken seriously. If you want to cure your tinnitus, suggest stop listening to it. :cheesy:

On 4/11/2017 at 1:22 PM, BigKahuna said:

Its pop music. Bit of a stretch to call it rock. Selling millions of record is hardly a measure of quality. Justin Beiber etcc..

More like millions of people have low standards which also explains why junk food chains sell so much low quality food and make billions.

Music is highly personal and emotive. Despite mocking those above you, I do not, as a rule, knock people's choice of music unless provoked (as above). They're not my favourite band by a long stretch but have churned out some quality stuff and are decent blokes. If they're not your cup of tea, fair enough, but pissing over people's' choice and basically calling their tipple worthless is low class. Your mum must be so proud.

55 minutes ago, daveAustin said:

Each to their own. Do you like jazz, too? I lump them both into the same category... not to be taken seriously. If you want to cure your tinnitus, suggest stop listening to it. :cheesy:

Sorry dave from what I understand there is no cure. Mine is moderate at best. 

2 hours ago, daveAustin said:

Music is highly personal and emotive. Despite mocking those above you, I do not, as a rule, knock people's choice of music unless provoked (as above). They're not my favourite band by a long stretch but have churned out some quality stuff and are decent blokes. If they're not your cup of tea, fair enough, but pissing over people's' choice and basically calling their tipple worthless is low class. Your mum must be so proud.

How pompous