French tourist, 44, dies after bathroom collapse at Phuket resort

rooster59

French tourist, 44, dies after bathroom collapse at Phuket resort 

Eakkapop Thongtub

1492155814_1-org.jpg

Rescue workers at the bungalow resort in Rawai where French tourist Pedro Da Costa was found unconscious and unresponsive on the bathroom floor. Photo: Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET: A French tourist has died after being found by family members collapsed on the bathroom floor at a bungalow resort in southern Phuket.

Police were notified of the incident at 8am today (April 14).

Officers led by Chalong Police Chief Inspector Lt Col Thada Sodarat and Rawai Municipality rescue workers arrived at the resort to find Pedro Manuel Da Costa, 43, unconscious and unresponsive on the bathroom floor.

Mr Da Costa reportedly had a mild pulse, but efforts to revive him at the scene failed. He was rushed to Vachira Phuket Hospital in Phuket Town, but was later pronounced dead, The Phuket News was told.

Mr Da Costa’s wife, Nadege Sandy Marie Braganti ep Da Costa, 39, told police that she, her husband and their three sons checked in to two bunglows at the resort on Tuesday (April 11).

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/french-tourist-44-dies-after-bathroom-collapse-at-phuket-resort-61778.php#ba4RQVB3tZ8bmejw.97

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2017-04-15

I know I shouldn't, as it's someone young that's sadly lost their life, but this article has been terribly written.  I genuinely thought a bathroom had collapsed on someone and killed them!  And, "...but was later pronounced dead." - yeah, the delay meant they had another birthday between being found and being pronounce dead, apparently!!

1 hour ago, BwindiBoy said:

I know I shouldn't, as it's someone young that's sadly lost their life, but this article has been terribly written.  I genuinely thought a bathroom had collapsed on someone and killed them!  And, "...but was later pronounced dead." - yeah, the delay meant they had another birthday between being found and being pronounce dead, apparently!!

Youre looking for ways to criticise. The article may not be written perfectly, but it is clear what is meant.

20 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Youre looking for ways to criticise. The article may not be written perfectly, but it is clear what is meant.

Headline: 44 years old;

article: 43 years old..... with the most Spanish name possible. Lol.

3 hours ago, BwindiBoy said:

I took it the same way.

2 hours ago, stevenl said:

To be honest, my first thought also on reading the headline was that the bathroom had collapsed on the man.

After reading and interpreting the headline, I too, thought the bathroom had collapsed on him. Which comes a short time after 2 people got electrocuted in a shower at a Rawai accommodation unit.  My thoughts were maybe Rawai not a safe place to stay now.

3 hours ago, lemonjelly said:

Headline: 44 years old;

article: 43 years old..... with the most Spanish name possible. Lol.

Actually it's a Portuguese name, seeing that you're criticising. So, you also not perfect. RIP 

A number of posters have taken this article the wrong way.The english is correct " French tourist, 44, dies after bathroom collapse " .  

If the article was written " French tourist, 44, dies after bathroom collapsed " , then you would have reason to think the way you did.

2 minutes ago, Ron19 said:

A number of posters have taken this article the wrong way.The english is correct " French tourist, 44, dies after bathroom collapse " .  

If the article was written " French tourist, 44, dies after bathroom collapsed " , then you would have reason to think the way you did.

After collapsing in bathroom would have made more sense.

3 hours ago, tomwct said:

Another Phuket tragedy!

somebody simply died - would this automatically lead to call it a tragedy? There are the real tragedies in Greek myths with all their gods, half- gods and perky humans

2 minutes ago, thurien said:

somebody simply died - would this automatically lead to call it a tragedy? There are the real tragedies in Greek myths with all their gods, half- gods and perky humans

A tragedy would be a tsunami that killed 100 people, a heart attack in the bathroom, not so much. Although tragic for his family and the victim.

Edited by giddyup

If it's a fatality by electric shock, the owner of the resort will pay off the cops and have that specific bungalow razed to the ground (to completely and permanently remove all evidence) within 7 days.

RIP, so young and young family.

I also thought an upperfloor had collapsed onto someone and killed him.

Now, can you see a police report written the same way and some time later being re-read and confusing any follow up work