1932 coup foundation seal mysteriously changed

rooster59

7 hours ago, hansnl said:

Your idea then, is that respect for history is abundant in countries run by "elected" politico's?

Think again!

If you think the only system that's better is the system that is perfect, you've got another think coming.

7 hours ago, heybruce said:

" The old wordings read: “At this location on June 24, 1932, the Promoters granted a constitution for the prosperity of the nation.” "

One can see why, after 20 constitutions, the old seal seemed ridiculous. 

" The new wordings read: “The respect in the Triple Gems, in the State, in the family, the honesty in the King are tools to make the State prosper.” “Let Siam forever prosper, people happy to become the force of the land.” "

Forum policy and Thailand law prevents me from commenting on the new seal.

I "liked" your post but that's dangerous.  If they went through that much trouble with the seal, then you reminding us what the old one said, in contrast with the new one, will be vely vely embarrassing and make you an enemy of the state. Liking your post could make me guilty by mere association.  Shit.  I think I hear a helicopter coming.  Gotta go!  If you don't hear from me in two days, tell my wife I love her, password to iBanking is 123.  :laugh:

Edited by 55Jay

Your idea then, is that respect for history is abundant in countries run by "elected" politico's?
Think again!

What an absurd post.If you cannot distinguish between a free and unfree society, you have no comprehension of how history can be manipulated in the latter.And yes countries with elected politicians are more likely to be free than those without. And less likely to present a distorted view of history.

Unfree societies like China,Nazi Germany,Stalinist Russia etc lie and propagandise their history.Thailand is not unfree of course but a kind of half way house.There is no serious suggestion the landmark events of 1932 will be erased from memory.

It doesn't mean that democratic countries don't manipulate history but the nature of those societies make it less likely, and lies and propaganda can be called into question.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

9 hours ago, robblok said:

Changed for pure propaganda.. that is a bad thing.. should be changed back. 

Changed by who? For what reason? C'mon, seeing as though you feel there is no censorship in Thailand, exercise some of your free speech rights to offer some opinions and thoughts..

10 hours ago, hansnl said:

Think again!

You demand that he should think again when you have not even thought once?

Like all admirers of fascism you prefer action to thought.

All you ask is for a "strong man of action", in uniform, and you're happy.

Presumably no member of the deep state has actually read any Orwell, or they would be too embarrassed to do something this blatant.

Not only have they quite probably not read "Orwell" themselves, but they have made it a crime, punishable by military courts, for their people to do so.

1 hour ago, JAG said:

Not only have they quite probably not read "Orwell" themselves, but they have made it a crime, punishable by military courts, for their people to do so.

They might have read it, but not as a dystopian warning. They've probably been looking for pointers on how to become better d... autocrats.

Luckily they're not very good at this either.

If no official will admit to authorizing the change then the police should act upon the fact that the original marker has been stolen in which case the replacement is occupying a crime scene and should be removed and kept as evidence until the case comes to court.

But of course......this is Thailand where the rule of law exists only on paper.

47 minutes ago, Denim said:

If no official will admit to authorizing the change then the police should act upon the fact that the original marker has been stolen in which case the replacement is occupying a crime scene and should be removed and kept as evidence until the case comes to court.

But of course......this is Thailand where the rule of law exists only on paper.

Toilet paper you mean I think