Immigration gives 7 days grace for 90 day report, but...

giddyup

2 minutes ago, moonseeker said:

Usually this desk is very understanding and VERY  friendly. Excellent in fact. Here the link with details:

http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=90days 

1 week late accepted, but would stop by tomorrow. I usually go around 15.00 and have hardly ever waited longer than 5 minutes.

Have a nice Sunday.  MS>

Are you sure immigration is open tomorrow?

Just now, giddyup said:

Are you sure immigration is open tomorrow?

They are not open tomorrow. Open on Tuesday.

You can do your report up to 7 days late but the 7 days includes the report date. The last day you can do it without paying a fine is the 21st.

Weekends and holidays are included in the 7 days.

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

They are not open tomorrow. Open on Tuesday.

You can do your report up to 7 days late but the 7 days includes the report date. The last day you can do it without paying a fine is the 21st.

Weekends and holidays are included in the 7 days.

I'm planning on the 20th to report, it will probably be a madhouse but what can you do? I don't know why they make the  report date a Sunday when you obviously can't report that day, or the public holidays.

Edited by giddyup

2 hours ago, giddyup said:

I'm planning on the 20th to report, it will probably be a madhouse but what can you do? I don't know why they make the  report date a Sunday when you obviously can't report that day, or the public holidays.

Maybe that's why a 22day 'window' is allowed for the reporting.

Just now, giddyup said:

Not sure what you mean. What 22 day window?

Just now, giddyup said:

Not sure what you mean. What 22 day window?

My understanding is that reporting can be done anytime from 15days before to 7 days after the reporting date.

1 minute ago, dabhand said:

My understanding is that reporting can be done anytime from 15days before to 7 days after the reporting date.

Gotcha. I forgot about the 15 days before.

12 minutes ago, Pdavies99 said:

Just do it online, simple, easy , finished..Completed mine last Thursday evening, issued Friday afternoon ...Remember...best on Internet Explorer.

I have to go into Jomtien anyway, so not a problem unless it's super busy. 

18 hours ago, giddyup said:

You can report early if you like.

Just now, dinsdale said:

90 days can be done 14 days before and 7 days after due date. You must include the due date within this calculation.

Thanks, but that was already answered.

Samui...in my passport my 3 months report was due April the 15th, but  it was closed, reopened the 18th.

But after 5 days closure for Sonkran I guess Tuesday will be overcrowded so I think it would be wiser to go Wednesday the 19th only ? But my wife said no, you better go tomorrow the 18th...

20 hours ago, giddyup said:

I think you'll find that it's 7 days from (inclusive), not after the reporting day. I.e. if your reporting day is the 21st you must include this date in the 7 days. Hence your final day to report will be the 27th not the 28th. I did this the last time, not knowing if i had 1 more day up my sleeve and I heard them talking saying I was lucky because this was my last day. So as I said I think you need to include the reporting date within the 7 day calculation. Better safe than sorry.

38 minutes ago, Tchooptip said:

Samui...in my passport my 3 months report was due April the 15th, but  it was closed, reopened the 18th.

But after 5 days closure for Sonkran I guess Tuesday will be overcrowded so I think it would be wiser to go Wednesday the 19th only ? But my wife said no, you better go tomorrow the 18th...

Your last day would be 21st.

Wednesday 19th wouldn't be a problem.

On 4/16/2017 at 10:21 AM, giddyup said:

I don't know why they make the  report date a Sunday

They're indicating the date when you will have been in the country for 90 days since your last report. The count includes holidays and weekends. You have roughly 3 weeks to report because they allow you to do it up to 15 days before or 7 days after the 90th day, but the 90th day is the 90th day regardless of when it occurs. 

23 minutes ago, Suradit69 said:

They're indicating the date when you will have been in the country for 90 days since your last report. The count includes holidays and weekends. You have roughly 3 weeks to report because they allow you to do it up to 15 days before or 7 days after the 90th day, but the 90th day is the 90th day regardless of when it occurs. 

Makes sense.

On 4/16/2017 at 10:11 AM, moonseeker said:

Usually this desk is very understanding and VERY  friendly. Excellent in fact. Here the link with details:

http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=90days 

1 week late accepted, but would stop by tomorrow. I usually go around 15.00 and have hardly ever waited longer than 5 minutes.

Have a nice Sunday.  MS>

I panicked as I thought I was a day late. But I was informed that when you use a re-entry permit you start counting from the day you return to the country. 

I keep forgetting what form to use. Is it the TM47?

6 minutes ago, Ducatiski said:

As I understand it if you leave the country you have to report to immigration within 7 days after your return Thailand.

Can anyne confirm this?

The fact that you had left the country would negate the need for a 90 day report, as you would not have been in Thailand for 90 (89 really) consecutive days.

However, you may be referring about the need to report your address to Immigration? If so it is within 24 hours of arriving, though the need to actually do this depends on the area the immigration office is located in, some enforce it, some don't.

If you are staying in a hotel, then in theory they will report your staying to Immigration.

Loads and loads of posts in the Thai Residency, work permit forum about this.

22 hours ago, Pdavies99 said:

Just do it online, simple, easy , finished..Completed mine last Thursday evening, issued Friday afternoon ...Remember...best on Internet Explorer.

Hi. So online is working now??

2 hours ago, Mattd said:

The fact that you had left the country would negate the need for a 90 day report, as you would not have been in Thailand for 90 (89 really) consecutive days.

However, you may be referring about the need to report your address to Immigration? If so it is within 24 hours of arriving, though the need to actually do this depends on the area the immigration office is located in, some enforce it, some don't.

If you are staying in a hotel, then in theory they will report your staying to Immigration.

Loads and loads of posts in the Thai Residency, work permit forum about this.

It states clearly that leaving the country is "equivalent" to 90 day reporting clearly posted in large sign at the back of counter 3, however jomtien immigration are ignoring this rule and are imposing fines on people for not also doing the 90 report