Pictures of your front gate

kannot

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oops looks like you are in prison or secured area like asylum. I live in uttaradit province. We are incliding my inlaws respected. So we have no fence around the house. Oh the condo in jomtien has a gate around the complex with guards. But sometimes I feel everyone walks in an out. This until recently when my brother in law who is often there came to pick up things while we in the province. Result sir cannot take-out without owner. So why need fence anyway? To protect the world from you??

On ‎4‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 11:55 AM, Crossy said:

Those look pretty nice Kannot.

Here are ours, from outside -

post-14979-0-87108000-1349490729.jpg

and from inside

post-14979-0-54331700-1349490724.jpg

Photos were taken before the electric openers were installed.

Nice style house!

8 minutes ago, Elkski said:

Very fancy gates and Casa's folks.   Some of you are living well.   

One question.  Will all the power outages what happens if you need to open the gate during an outage?   

electric gates can always be operated manually, for example with a crank.

49 minutes ago, manarak said:

electric gates can always be operated manually, for example with a crank.

Yes ours is opened with a cranky old bugger, me.:cheesy:

If the power goes off, we insert a key, turn it... voila gate can be opened manually.

I was expecting some comments like mine is solar power with extra battery storage.   I live where it's safe and don't need a gate.  I do have one for the back yard.  

On US tv they are advertising these CCTV systems where you can activate alarms and talk to people at any CCTV camera from your phone. 

Do most people in Thailand also have a barking or trained dog?

We too live in a "safe" area, doors rarely locked everybody looks out for everybody else. The main purpose of the gates, the 2m wall and water filled moat (you know what they say about an Englishman's home) is to keep our creatures in and the local wildlife (mostly of the 4 legged barking kind) out.

No window bars, CCTV or alarm but any unwanted visitors will have to get past our viscous guard-geese who are alerted by the guinea fowl and backed up by two huge and well trained rottweilers yappy chihuahuas. Like most chihuahuas they have no idea that they are 12" high 3kg dogs, in their minds they are rottweilers and will take on all-comers :smile:

1 hour ago, jeab1980 said:

Went for the half gates fits the land access easier

20151225_172620.jpg

I've got to get a new front gate to get out of the house to the land front gate. @jeab1980 can you enlighten me on the cost of the vertical stainless gates?

Twin gates to go where the bin is, then stainless or welded box sections for the rest. Would like 10mm glass sections but think cost to much.

20171009_054752.jpg

20171009_054714.jpg

22 minutes ago, carlyai said:

I've got to get a new front gate to get out of the house to the land front gate. @jeab1980 can you enlighten me on the cost of the vertical stainless gates?

Twin gates to go where the bin is, then stainless or welded box sections for the rest. Would like 10mm glass sections but think cost to much.

20171009_054752.jpg

20171009_054714.jpg

The gates and stainless between posts fully fitted 30k. + a return flight to BKK so 33k in total.(wifes uncle)

Archived