Pictures of your front gate

kannot

4 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

Could have simply been vinegar. Worth a try as it is cheap at Tesco.

Do you use the Wenol with Scotch-Brite or simply with a rag. 

Living near the coast (Pattaya, Hua hin) makes it worse. 

In a previous life? I tried that cleaner on stainless urinals in a bar. It didn't do squat. I think elbow grease is the only real choice?

Just a rug, haven't tried with Scotch-Brite. Will try that ...

rudi

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

51 minutes ago, Arjen said:

Scotch Brite will make polished SS dull.

...and what would induce you to make an erroneous statement like that.

I just went into our work shop took a piece of 304 shiny stainless and rubbed it with some Scotch-Brite as if I was cleaning it. Albeit without the petal polish.  

No difference. I even compared it to a piece of brushed stainless and it still looks the same.

We are talking front gates and railings here not some highly polished mirror finished art installation.

I suggest you do the same on a sample or small piece and see for your self.

8 hours ago, luudee said:

...When the Thai guys initially installed it, they had a spray bottle with some clear liquid, that would remove any dirt and make the steal shine...

rudi

Might have been either citric acid or oxalic acid.  Either one can be used to remove minor rust discoloration which can happen with lower grades of stainless.

^In lieu of the above not being available, as Naam rather cleverly doesn't disclose his source, probably due to the shortage of celibate women in the land of smiles?

Why not use "wet & dry" paper? 1500 or 2000 grade would quickly restore the stainless back to its former glory! :smile:

Carpet, I know but the place gets slippery too often. We put this down when we have visitors and with young boys they always run around and fall over, kids. Hubby likes fish so he put this in too. Not sure what do do with slippery pavers so this is the best solution.

The gate and fence is all around, haven't been broken into yet as it's a great security place.

2016-08-27 09.48.08.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
1 hour ago, sometimewoodworker said:

Thanks I'll pass that on to SWMBO as it is her design.

A wise move :smile:

However, one wonders if the width of the pedestrian gate is a reflection on the size she expects you to attain :whistling:

I saw an interesting design the other day. Also a two rail design but the second rail was only used at the end of the gate where one end had a right angle section, a foot or less, with a wheel on. A good idea as this provides support when the gate is half open. If i wander that way again i will take my phone.

6 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

That could well be true, as well as how short I will get so I can walk through without hitting my head 

:ph34r:

Ah, length x width = same, same for tall and thin or short and fat. Absolutely logical, Thai logic that is.

Homepro sell self-adhesive black and yellow warning tape. I have it on the entrance to the chicken house (no we don't have very tall chickens).

2 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Ah, length x width = same, same for tall and thin or short and fat. Absolutely logical, Thai logic that is.

Homepro sell self-adhesive black and yellow warning tape. I have it on the entrance to the chicken house (no we don't have very tall chickens).

Very true, the Thai logic I mean. 

I probably need the kind used in Japan that has foam padding under :post-4641-1156694572: 

On 16/04/2017 at 11:55 AM, Crossy said:

Those look pretty nice Kannot.

Here are ours, from outside -

post-14979-0-87108000-1349490729.jpg

and from inside

post-14979-0-54331700-1349490724.jpg

Photos were taken before the electric openers were installed.

LOL! A picture of Crossy's gates... "unelectrified ;) "

Archived