North Korean official says will continue missile tests - BBC

webfact

North Korean official says will continue missile tests - BBC

REUTERS

LONDON (Reuters) - North Korea will continue to regularly test missiles and any military action against it by the United States would prompt "all out war", a senior North Korean official told the BBC on Monday.

North Korea has conducted several missile and nuclear tests in defiance of U.N. sanctions and has said it has developed a missile that can strike the U.S. mainland. Its latest missile test on Sunday failed a few seconds after launch.

U.S. Vice President Mike Pence warned North Korea on Monday that recent U.S. strikes in Syria, one of Pyongyang's few close allies, and Afghanistan showed that the resolve of President Donald Trump should not be tested.

"We'll be conducting more missile tests on a weekly, monthly and yearly basis," the BBC quoted Vice Foreign Minister Han Song-Ryol as saying in an interview.

"If the U.S. is reckless enough to use military means it would mean from that very day, an all out war."

North Korean state media last week warned of a nuclear attack on the United States at any sign of American aggression, but the White House said there was no evidence it possessed that capability.

The BBC reported Han also said North Korea believed its nuclear weapons protect it from the threat of military action by the United States.

(Reporting by Kylie MacLellan; Editing by Mark Trevelyan)

reuters_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Reuters 2017-04-18

36 minutes ago, FitnessHealthTravel said:

A strike on North Korea will be swift and strategic. They won't know what hit them. Trump has already shown how he doesn't care about the haters, he'll just get it done. The message this will send will change the world.

So what are they going to strike, then?

1 hour ago, FitnessHealthTravel said:

A strike on North Korea will be swift and strategic. They won't know what hit them. Trump has already shown how he doesn't care about the haters, he'll just get it done. The message this will send will change the world.

and then what happens after that?..........I will tell you.........all hell breaks loose in east asia.

NK doesn't have a lot to lose, while SK & Japan does.

nothing those NK's would like to do more than rain hell on Japan

The US Military has already sorted out the missiles and nukes. Readers should really expand their research skills to encompass  many sources of news. The US took out the missile just after take off. Fake news is everywhere. I read that many posters are so uninformed, their comments are very child like and very typical of the snowflake type reporting.

There are so many options left for the US to sort out NK, like Rod of God, EW and remote reprogramming.

Never fear when Trump is near.

8 hours ago, webfact said:

The BBC reported Han also said North Korea believed its nuclear weapons protect it from the threat of military action by the United States.

Yeah sure buddy I would be awfully careful strapping a nuclear warhead on this puppy it might just take off and do a U turn. 

There is no doubt that North Korea could be a threat.  It is a brutal regime that treats it's people very badly and it continues on it's path to build a nuclear arsenal.  For many years it has been smouldering away and it seems that Trump's presence into the mix fits in well for Kim and his rhetoric.  In fact he is exactly what Kim has always said about the "American oppressor".   I suspect that things will settle down a bit and increased sanctions will be put in place by the Chinese.

Seoul is within old fashioned artillery range of NK, and millions of lives could be devastated before anyone could make a decision to do anything, much less do it.

Eventually, the despotic regime would be taken out, but at the cost of millions of lives- the vast majority of them Korean, and they seem to be pretty quiet as the US and China discuss the options.

My suggestion?  Draw a line halfway between the DMZ and the Yalu, and offer up half to China and half to S. Korea.  Let them decide when and if the fireworks fly.  Then let the survivors decide whether they want to live on the Chinese side, or the United Korean side.  

It's not any civilians in the USA who will bear the brunt of the destruction.  It's not our fight to start.

5 minutes ago, impulse said:

My suggestion?  Draw a line halfway between the DMZ and the Yalu, and offer up half to China and half to S. Korea.  Let them decide when and if the fireworks fly.  Then let the survivors decide whether they want to live on the Chinese side, or the United Korean side.  

Interesting view but surely that would consist of both China and South Korea taking military action against the North.  The death toll would be massive.  Unless I am misunderstanding what you are suggesting?  I would have thought that taking out Kim and his team would be far more productive with limited loss of civilian lives.  Not easy by any means but surely doable  

4 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

Interesting view but surely that would consist of both China and South Korea taking military action against the North.  The death toll would be massive.  Unless I am misunderstanding what you are suggesting?  I would have thought that taking out Kim and his team would be far more productive with limited loss of civilian lives.  Not easy by any means but surely doable  

My suggestion was tongue in cheek, with the real point being that there's got to be something in this for China if they're going to be a positive player in this long running debacle.  

And that the US civilians sleep many thousands of miles away from the carnage, so we have no right to start whatever's going to happen.  No matter the ultimate outcome, millions of Seoul residents are the ones who will take it in the shorts.

We sleep many thousands of miles away. This guy is saying he will bring hell on earth to american soil.how is this not involve america?

Make america great again? . Stop this guy now from making america hell on earth mr trump.

Edited by quadperfect

8 hours ago, Inepto Cracy said:

The US Military has already sorted out the missiles and nukes. Readers should really expand their research skills to encompass  many sources of news. The US took out the missile just after take off. Fake news is everywhere. I read that many posters are so uninformed, their comments are very child like and very typical of the snowflake type reporting.

There are so many options left for the US to sort out NK, like Rod of God, EW and remote reprogramming.

Never fear when Trump is near.

Kindly  provide   a  link  to  official confirmation  that  the  US  took out   the  NK  test   missile.  Thanks  in anticiption.

1 minute ago, Dumbastheycome said:

Kindly  provide   a  link  to  official confirmation  that  the  US  took out   the  NK  test   missile.  Thanks  in anticiption.

Negative. I wont be supplying any links as this is privileged information, I posted this to stop the guess work going on.

Just be happy the message was sent to NK. Don't mess with the best.

Plenty of places you can seek for yourself on the web to find the information, yes it is out there.

Hint, search up on electronic counter measures and remote reprogramming of missiles.

Enough said as I have told you way toooo much anyway.

10 minutes ago, Inepto Cracy said:

Negative. I wont be supplying any links as this is privileged information, I posted this to stop the guess work going on.

Plenty of places you can seek for yourself on the web to find the information, yes it is out there.

Hint, search up on electronic counter measures and remote reprogramming of missiles.

Ahhhhhhhhhhh !   Right ! Thanks  Mr   Bond. 

I  am left   amazed!  It would  seem  that the  US  has  the  capacity  to   negate  the  aspirations  of   any  country in the  acquisition  of   nuclear   missiles !

So  all  is  good !   Forget   about   NK.  

The good  USA  being in possession  of   this  technology  along  with  massive   nuclear   capacity,  chemical   and  biological weaponry capacity will  continue  providing  enforced  security  with  Trump the  Chump  having  a  finger  on  all the  buttons !

Dream on !

The strike should come from the states BUT launched from an airbase in China. The Chinese have already re-enforced the Korean border to the north with thousands of troops. Wait for another 1 of Kimmy's narcissistic parades and drop a series of EMP bombs in and around him as well as a few on the known targets where his nuclear facilities are. EMPs are designed not to kill but to destroy electronics. There will be some casualties from the shock waves but not nearly what conventional weapons would do.

Follow that up with the S. Korean army rolling north and the Chinese army rolling south to take out the conventional weapon sites.

Kind of hard for N.Korea to call in strikes when their phones, radars and radios no longer work.

On ‎18‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 10:04 AM, FitnessHealthTravel said:

LOL so funny  :giggle:\America wasn't even able to outmanoeuvre a small country like Vietnam.

but yes you are right the world will certainly change when USA is plunged into darkness

North Korea amps up worries about potential threat to the U.S. power grid    

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/business/energy-green/sd-fi-emp-threat-20170309-story.html

On 4/18/2017 at 10:13 PM, Inepto Cracy said:

I don't think anyone is going to give you any credit unless you show us your badge.

On 4/18/2017 at 11:13 PM, Inepto Cracy said:

So you post 'privileged information' that you clearly deem sensitive on a site that is neither anonymous or secure in any way. You do realise that if anyone was posting sensitive information that a simple phone call to the owners of this site from an authorised person would have all your data and information delivered to the interested party in a heart beat. I smell a mountain of male bovine feaces.

On 4/18/2017 at 10:13 PM, Inepto Cracy said:

Having just found the aforementioned 'privileged information' website,, it becomes apparent Donald Trump is.... actually Chuck Norris:
https://twitter.com/chuck_facts

-Chuck Norris uses a night light. Not because Chuck Norris is afraid of the dark, but the dark is afraid of Chuck Norris.

-Chuck Norris doesn't dial the wrong number. You answered the wrong phone.

-We live in an expanding universe. All of it is trying to get away from Chuck Norris.

-The truth will set you free. Unless Chuck Norris has you, in which case, forget it buddy!

A bit more (topic related;) levity:  

Back on topic, 2 fat, irrational, narcissist, man-children, with fragile egos, delusions of grandeur AND weapons of mass destruction? What could possibly go wrong.

1 hour ago, Andaman Al said:

So you post 'privileged information' that you clearly deem sensitive on a site that is neither anonymous or secure in any way. You do realise that if anyone was posting sensitive information that a simple phone call to the owners of this site from an authorised person would have all your data and information delivered to the interested party in a heart beat. I smell a mountain of male bovine feaces.

Be very careful. There are many of us sitting in the bars of Bangkok and Pattaya who are privy to the kind of classified information that would make your toes curl. Hell, I remember jumping from 30,000 feet into... no, I've said enough. Forget I posted this. We Special Forces tend to keep matters under wraps...

6 hours ago, mrwebb8825 said:

The strike should come from the states BUT launched from an airbase in China. The Chinese have already re-enforced the Korean border to the north with thousands of troops. Wait for another 1 of Kimmy's narcissistic parades and drop a series of EMP bombs in and around him as well as a few on the known targets where his nuclear facilities are. EMPs are designed not to kill but to destroy electronics. There will be some casualties from the shock waves but not nearly what conventional weapons would do.

Follow that up with the S. Korean army rolling north and the Chinese army rolling south to take out the conventional weapon sites.

Kind of hard for N.Korea to call in strikes when their phones, radars and radios no longer work.

Yes. The Chinese will be delighted to have staunch allies of the US moving closer to its borders. Sounds believable.

6 hours ago, mrwebb8825 said:

Nobody drops an EMP bomb. 

To create EMP effect, nuclear bomb need to be detonated at high altitudes, above our 'space' limit 100km.

IIRC the neutrons released from fission, ionise the ionosphere, which creates both temporary electromagnetic pulse (EMP) as well as longer term ionisation, which is harmful for both for the people in ISS as well as low flying satellites.

There are no shockwaves felt on ground.

The treaty for not exploding nuclear weapons in space is there for a reason.

Perhaps, you were thinking about theoretical neutron bomb? 

Nobody in their right mind and knowledge what happens afterwards will ever use nuclear weapon against people in _any_ circumstance. Ever.

14 hours ago, ilostmypassword said:

Yes. The Chinese will be delighted to have staunch allies of the US moving closer to its borders. Sounds believable.

It would be the best way for the Chinese. Reach an agreement that when they meet in the middle, each turns back around and does "clean-up" to take out anything that was missed. The Chinese and the S.Koreans resume the mining while the whole of Korea finally becomes united. America and Japan stand ready to block any Russian interference until it's all over. No losers except the nutjobs in charge in the middle at the moment.

14 hours ago, oilinki said:

Nobody drops an EMP bomb. 

To create EMP effect, nuclear bomb need to be detonated at high altitudes, above our 'space' limit 100km.

IIRC the neutrons released from fission, ionise the ionosphere, which creates both temporary electromagnetic pulse (EMP) as well as longer term ionisation, which is harmful for both for the people in ISS as well as low flying satellites.

There are no shockwaves felt on ground.

The treaty for not exploding nuclear weapons in space is there for a reason.

Perhaps, you were thinking about theoretical neutron bomb? 

Nobody in their right mind and knowledge what happens afterwards will ever use nuclear weapon against people in _any_ circumstance. Ever.

Weapons have been developed to create the damaging effects of high-energy EMP. These are typically divided into nuclear and non-nuclear devices.

NNEMP generators can be carried as a payload of bombs, cruise missiles (such as the CHAMP missile) and drones, with diminished mechanical, thermal and ionizing radiation effects, but without the political consequences of deploying nuclear weapons.