British PM May calls for early election on June 8

Jonathan Fairfield

I was thinking about transfering some money from the UK, but I thought it might be better to transfer once the Torys got in, when the interest rates would have been more than likely higher, but with the possibility of Labour getting in, it has cast some doubt on the whole affair. Any thoughts?

Worst case scenario is a hung parliament, Highly doubtful the electorate want a weak Government dealing with negotiations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was thinking about transfering some money from the UK, but I thought it might be better to transfer once the Torys got in, when the interest rates would have been more than likely higher, but with the possibility of Labour getting in, it has cast some doubt on the whole affair. Any thoughts?

Worst case scenario is a hung parliament, Highly doubtful the electorate want a weak Government dealing with negotiations.

34 minutes ago, citybiker said:

IIRC JC has already accepted Brexit, it's the format that Labour would try and water down.

Article 50 has been given Royal approval and accepted by the EU.

No tears from this callsign, I leave that to the people who struggle to handle change & move on.

It can be revoked by a change of government! Which no doubt the EU would willingly accept!

It can be revoked by a change of government! Which no doubt the EU would willingly accept!

Which Government would that be?

Conservatives-Brexit approval
Labour-Brexit approval

SNP, LD's, Green's & NI et al all want to remain in the EU but won't have enough seats even as a coalition to revoke anything.

Time to move on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Labour-Brexit approval

SNP, LD's, Green's & NI et al all want to remain in the EU but won't have enough seats even as a coalition to revoke anything.

Time to move on.

There are still plenty of Remainers in the Tory and Labour parties. Once TM quits after her shocking election performance, there may will be a majority for Remain (or at least soft-Brexit) and as the public realise the damage a hard-Brexit will cause, anything is still possible.

There are still plenty of Remainers in the Tory and Labour parties. Once TM quits after her shocking election performance, there may will be a majority for Remain (or at least soft-Brexit) and as the public realise the damage a hard-Brexit will cause, anything is still possible.

Indeed, some wise people still may be able to overturn the wish of the electorate.

How very European (as in EU)!

Indeed, some wise people still may be able to overturn the wish of the electorate.

How very European (as in EU)!

Both Torys and Labour have commited to following through on Brexit. Should TM not get the huge majority she was expecting when she call this election and end up being replaced as PM then that would be a clear expression from the electorate of what sort of brexit they want.

10 hours ago, citybiker said:

Labour-Brexit approval

Time to move on.

Don't be so sure. The Mail has Labour at a single point back and heads are exploding in their editorial room. With this newest attack UKIP may split more of the right vote. Those police cuts may be May's & the Tories' undoing

Don't be so sure. The Mail has Labour at a single point back and heads are exploding in their editorial room. With this newest attack UKIP may split more of the right vote. Those police cuts may be May's & the Tories' undoing

To be fair I'm not sure, to this day I'm wary and think TM calling a snap GE wasn't her best move however 'politically' I understand why through frustration alone she made the move.

The current PM rating is always unpopular, past PM's have been no different however some of the electorate need to be less short term focused and look at the strategic element.

Quite frankly it scares me senseless the thought of having Corbyn & Abbot as PM & HO secretary dealing with the current recent incidents.

3 hours ago, pegman said:

UKIP Zero seats 1/10.

To be fair I'm not sure, to this day I'm wary and think TM calling a snap GE wasn't her best move however 'politically' I understand why through frustration alone she made the move.

The current PM rating is always unpopular, past PM's have been no different however some of the electorate need to be less short term focused and look at the strategic element.

Quite frankly it scares me senseless the thought of having Corbyn & Abbot as PM & HO secretary dealing with the current recent incidents.

These incidents happened whilst TM is PM. She was Home Secretary with an appalling record which included costs cutting in the Police, but somehow you think she is the answer?

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

1 minute ago, Johnyo said:

These incidents happened whilst TM is PM. She was Home Secretary with an appalling record which included costs cutting in the Police, but somehow you think she is the answer?

I'm sure you think that Diane Abbott will make a fantastic Home Secretary, especially with her Carol Vorderman skills.

I'm sure you think that Diane Abbott will make a fantastic Home Secretary, especially with her Carol Vorderman skill

You're wrong. I think the choice is dire but to think May is the answer is not to look at her record and believe the strong and stable crap she has been spouting in the last few weeks.

8 minutes ago, Johnyo said:

She may not be the answer (no pun intended). But Jeremy C is definitely not.

1 minute ago, Johnyo said:

You're wrong. I think the choice is dire but to think May is the answer is not to look at her record and believe the strong and stable crap she has been spouting in the last few weeks.

Do you think Diane Abbott will be a better Home Secretary than T May, yes or no will suffice?

2 minutes ago, vogie said:

Do you think Diane Abbott will be a better Home Secretary than T May, yes or no will suffice?

I certainly do and I don't like her at all. At least she would be part of a Labour cabinet which can be reshuffled if and when she makes a complete backside of the job like TM did.

Just now, baboon said:

I certainly do and I don't like her at all. At least she would be part of a Labour cabinet which can be reshuffled if and when she makes a complete backside of the job like TM did.

And who will you replace her with, if she is so damn good why would you want to replace her, its not a private conversation but I am interested in the reply from the person I asked.

7 minutes ago, vogie said:

And who will you replace her with, if she is so damn good why would you want to replace her, its not a private conversation but I am interested in the reply from the person I asked.

Avoiding my point yet again I see. Who I would replace her with is irrelevant seeing as I am not running for office.

Just now, baboon said:

Avoiding my point yet again, I see.

Look baboon, I don't like the way you try to score points on here, and with not wanting to earn a suspension, the best way I can put it is 'you tend to swim againgst the flow of the water, please do not contact me again and feel free to block me.

As HO secretary she was simply 'ordered' by Cameron & the treasury to implement cuts, I also agree that no HO secretary has succeeded in the immigration reduction either.

As PM, I'll await as Brexit is pending while having to deal and focus on terrorist's attacking the country.

Labour is certainly not the answer, not fit enough to govern themselves let alone be responsible for the UK.

2 minutes ago, vogie said:

Look baboon, I don't like the way you try to score points on here, and with not wanting to earn a suspension, the best way I can put it is 'you tend to swim againgst the flow of the water, please do not contact me again and feel free to block me.

As far as I am concerned you are quite free and welcome to call me a prick, but I had better go no further in the language stakes than that. I have no intention of blocking you and will continue responding to your posts.

35 minutes ago, Johnyo said:

I have often said Theresa May is the worse Home Secretary I can remember in my lifetime how anyone can imagine she would make a better Prime Minister is beyond me.

Just for the record I think Diane Abbot is a liability and should be got rid of ASAP perhaps she wont be re-elected so that will solve the problem.

Jeremy Corbyn was stabbed in the back by so many of his PLP that his choices were severely limited still doesn't excuse appointing her to such a high profile position though unless he had no choice.

1 minute ago, baboon said:

As far as I am concerned you are quite free and welcome to call me a prick, but I had better go no further in the language stakes than that. I have no intention of blocking you and will continue responding to your posts.

Its not you I'm bothered about, it's the mods. You can respond to my posts as much as you like, but don't be disappointed if a reply is not forth coming, sorry to be a killjoy, but when I exchange rhetoric with you, its like pushing an elephant up the stairs. 

1 hour ago, vogie said:

I'm too sexy to be suspended. :-)

OK Scott, it's a fair cop. Go ahead! :1zgarz5:

I'm ready.

15 hours ago, nauseus said:

I'm too sexy to be suspended. :-)

OK Scott, it's a fair cop. Go ahead! :1zgarz5:

I'm ready.

Well, I'd really like to and on most days it would happen, but unfortunately (or fortunately--depending on how you look at it), there are a lot of people being more naughty than you.   Perhaps another day!

Now everyone be good and get back on topic....please, pretty please.  

2 minutes ago, Scott said:

Well, I'd really like to and on most days it would happen, but unfortunately (or fortunately--depending on how you look at it), there are a lot of people being more naughty than you.   Perhaps another day!

Now everyone be good and get back on topic....please, pretty please.  

Thanks Scott. Back to topic. 

Archived