Phuket request for Patong nightllife 4am closing shrouded in silence

webfact

Phuket request for Patong nightllife 4am closing shrouded in silence

The Phuket News

1492571928_1-org.jpg

Revellers on Phuket's main party street Bangla Rd in Patong. Photo: Tanyaluk Sakoot

PHUKET: -- Provincial officials and leading nightlife operators in Patong have reported that they have no idea on how the formal request by former Governor Chockchai Dejamornthan to allow entertainment venues along Bangla Rd to stay open until 4am is progressing.

Ex-Governor Chockchai dispatched the initial request to Bangkok before Feb 16.

He later requested to extend the later trading times to venues in the entertainment zone in Karon as well. 

Phuket Provincial Chief Administrative Officer (Palad) Thawornwat Kongkaew told The Phuket News yesterday (April 18) that Ministry of Tourism & Sports officials made enquiries related to the request just before the Songkran holidays (April 13-15).

“They just asked some details about Patong from the Phuket Provincial Office before Songkran,” he said.

Asked will the Phuket Provincial Office, which is headed by the new Phuket Governor Norraphat Plodthong, will follow up, Mr Thawornwat replied, “We have done our job.”

Asked, how long processing the request – whether approved or denied – was expected to take, Mr Thawornwat said, “I have no idea. They just asked for information from us. They need time to work on the official process.”

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-request-for-bangla-4am-closing-shrouded-in-silence-61826.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2017-04-19

No way this request will be granted. If it would many other entertainment area all over the country would be requesting the same, which is not what the military want.

I am convinced that sending out requests like this is one of the reasons the governor was sent packing. He was supposed to shield his bosses from these things, but did not do that, in stead he opened them up to requests like this.

5 hours ago, stevenl said:

If it would many other entertainment area all over the country would be requesting the same, which is not what the military want.

Not only that, but if the closing time was extended, then the BIB (and the military) would not be able to demand "tea money" to enable the bars or entertainment centres to stay open, hence cutting down their income.

I'm surprised such bars still exist. Can't be many punters around, and not exactly what I would call entertainment. Many tourists are from China and Russia, and many now come as couples and are family-based. Perhaps Patong should start changing it's image, and cater for the majority of tourists that avoid these seedy places like the plague. 

3 hours ago, RigPig said:

Well all I can say is that the women in that picture look old enough to be the mother of my children, and they are older than my last GF hahahaha!

........butt I'm sure that YOU are Hansum Man, na?

16 hours ago, the guest said:

I'm surprised such bars still exist. Can't be many punters around, and not exactly what I would call entertainment. Many tourists are from China and Russia, and many now come as couples and are family-based. Perhaps Patong should start changing it's image, and cater for the majority of tourists that avoid these seedy places like the plague. 

Years and years already Patong has been catering to couples and families.

On 19/04/2017 at 2:43 PM, stevenl said:

No way this request will be granted. If it would many other entertainment area all over the country would be requesting the same, which is not what the military want.

I am convinced that sending out requests like this is one of the reasons the governor was sent packing. He was supposed to shield his bosses from these things, but did not do that, in stead he opened them up to requests like this.

"which is not what the military want." - I would be interested to read what you think the Thai military want.