Work Permit For Asst Mgr.

Hi,

Holding a valid Non Imm "O" visa i've two questions.

1. Can I apply for a Work permit under this visa (given that all other requirements.paperwork is in order)

2. To work under the designation "Assistant Manager" for a registered tutorial school (note: teaching does not fall under my scope of work) is a degree still needed for a non-academic role?

I've been told by my prospective employer's lawyer that i need a degree to take up ANY position in a registered school. However, i have been informed by friends under good authority (some already work in admin in schools)that an expat does not need any such qualification.

Please advise.

Thanks.

Edited by kir

When my employer applied for a work permit on my behalf back in June/July, I was required to produce a record of my acadmeic achievements together with eveidence of my skills and work experience. This was for a non-teaching, managerial position I might add.

I was led to believe at the time that this is pretty standard although I could be wrong about that. I guess it depends on who you deal with.

I also add that I do not have a degree, but it didn't stop the Work Permit being issued.

Edited by andy1308

• 2 weeks later...
Holding a valid Non Imm "O" visa i've two questions.

1. Can I apply for a Work permit under this visa (given that all other requirements.paperwork is in order)

yes
2. To work under the designation "Assistant Manager" for a registered tutorial school (note: teaching does not fall under my scope of work) is a degree still needed for a non-academic role?

Depends on the Labor Dept office. Some will allow no degree, other offices will require it.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com