Airport bus to downtown Khon Kaen

Bangkok Barry

My wife has been told by a friend in Khon Kaen that there will be a new bus service from 24th April linking KK airport to downtown. Does anyone know details, such as frequency, route. The taxi fare isn't bad at around 150, but it would be interesting to know if the bus might be viable or if it's an infrequent service that is bound to fail.

8 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Thanks. "Getting information on this bus service" answers my question. It is doomed to failure, just as the one in Bangkok was years ago that was seemingly operated in secret to avoid the inconvenience of having to deal with passengers.

One last option I have to go into the old bus stn tm will ask around there see if I can get any info.

The helpful map above (thanks Prem-R) shows that the fare is 15 B for adults and 10 B for children/students. NB: Not 150 B as someone indicated earlier, which would make it more expensive than a cab! Seems like a good new service running every 10 mins from 08.00 - 20.00 and every half hour thereafter. 

The 10 minute service doesn't apply to the airport route, which is sometimes only every 90-120 minutes. So I can't see many/any using that. Who is going to want to wait well over an hour, maybe two, for the bus. It is hard to see who that is meant to appeal to.

16 minutes ago, Hereinthailand said:

Yes and why have service every ten minutes when so few planes arrive each day. there are basically 4 time slots for aircraft activity.

Flights arrive pretty regularly throughout the day:
http://www.flightstats.com/go/FlightStatus/flightStatusByAirport.do?airportCode=KKC&airportQueryType=1

Edited by Bangkok Barry

26 minutes ago, Hereinthailand said:

hmmm i live next to the airport so I think I know the frequency of flights in and out.

Okay, so the link I posted is wrong because that shows regular flights with the biggest time gap between flights of 1.45. I personally wouldn't call that four time slots and I wouldn't call 24 flights in less than 14 hours "so few planes" but of course you are entitled to your opinion.

3 hours ago, Hereinthailand said:

You too my friend if you believe a website instead of someone that lives here.

I'm sorry, but now you're making yourself look like an idiot. Here's another website (also with false info, no doubt, if you are to be believed).
http://www.domesticflightsthailand.com/bangkok-to-khon-kaen.php

And another
https://airportguide.com/airport/flight_arrivals/KKC

I can find more if you like. I suspect you are afraid that with so many flights landing and taking off - 48 a day - you might have trouble selling your place near the airport. But carry on digging your hole deeper and deeper if you wish. And carry on claiming that all these websites that show arrivals are wrong. Jeez.

But just to be sure I'm not being misled by all these websites I'll check for myself when I'm there on Tuesday. If all these websites are found to be wrong then I'll apologise. You might like to do the same if you pop up there from your nearby dwelling and find that there are indeed many flights at regular intervals throughout the day, and not in 'blocks'. Maybe you just don't hear them (face saving excuse).

Been to old stn today asked a few drivers about the airport bus was eventually told (true or not I don't know) it runs once an hour he had no time tables to verify this. He also stated that it's the first bus taken off if they need another route covering. So if any of what he said is true then it's not worth the effort of waiting just get a taxi.