Ford Thailand sales jump 50% in first quarter

9 minutes ago, madmax2 said:

Of coarse it was, They were even still covering the transmission with warranty at 4.5 years, after about 18 times in their workshops for up to 6 days at a time and sometimes having to wait weeks for parts you get sick of their excuses, ford blaming the dealer and the dealer blaming ford, lack of spare parts and properly trained technicians is ford motor companies fault in my opinion, just want people to know how ford customers are treated 

You are talking about a Fiesta/Focus or a Ranger variant.

Your mate MM he had the same problem.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re Ford in Thailand. This is the crux of the matter. No matter how well made, how much better they are than other makes, if and/or when you need service it is at best a long time coming, and at worst something which will never be repaired to your satisfaction. Same as Ducati here. Would love a Multistrata - but having to deal with Ducati Thailand is the same as having to deal with Ford Thailand. They are only good vehicles if you can drive/ride them. Fix the quality, improve the dealerships, and you may have a winner. Until then ...

3 hours ago, madmax2 said:

Not making anything up sport, no need to, last 2 times at workshop of the second ford dealer we were using there were 2 rangers in the workshop at the time, one belonged to a local police officer and the staff disappeared as soon as they saw him coming, the other a red one still on red plates was in the ford workshop on our last 3 visits with continuing unfixed engine problems

Yes you are right i am unhappy with ford service, i think anyone would be with 3 years of visiting 2 of their workshops with the same transmission problem, plus replacement of dash gauges the intercooler and the hose from intercooler to the engine.( over 2,000 baht for a rubber hose is a bit over the top with pricing in my opinion)

Anyway i have got rid of the ranger now what a heap of rubbish, when it was 2.5 years old ford would only offered me 400k for it as a trade in (Shows what they think of their own products)

At 4.5 years old the toyota dealer managed to get 500k for it from a independent used car dealer

and i was really happy to get rid of it and start again with a product (Toyota) which i have known all along as a reliable product with reasonable repair prices

Well we all know about Thai drivers and their red plates.... on old cars.

Seriously though, you have been shafted by both Phuket (or at least southern) dealerships as well as Ford and I don't blame you calling it a day; it only takes one crap car to reverse an opinion and although I am a happy Ford (ab)user, if I ever got a lemon and they didn't sort it out, I would be exactly like you. Just to remind me, did you personally take it beyond the dealerships with Ford head office in Thailand?

2 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Well we all know about Thai drivers and their red plates.... on old cars.

Seriously though, you have been shafted by both Phuket (or at least southern) dealerships as well as Ford and I don't blame you calling it a day; it only takes one crap car to reverse an opinion and although I am a happy Ford (ab)user, if I ever got a lemon and they didn't sort it out, I would be exactly like you. Just to remind me, did you personally take it beyond the dealerships with Ford head office in Thailand?

I took it up with fords area manager and when he stopped answering his phone i talked to different people at fords head office, just a waste of time, at one stage when we had the problem for about 6 months they said they would replace the transmission if they could not repair it, When i asked them again after another six months to replace the transmission they refused to, wife wanted to drive to Bangkok and burn it in front of fords head office in the end, if i thought it would do any good and we would not have been locked up for doing it i would have

10 minutes ago, mogandave said:

What was the issue with the transmission?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

When first starting of in the morning ( at 28,000 klm) it would stick in about forth gear and not change gears unless you pulled over and stopped and restarted the engine (which ford told me to do over the phone when we first had the problem so they already new about the fault)

In the end it could happen at any time, did not matter if it was hot or cold and usually did in heavy stop start traffic (at 63,000 klm)

The problem started when the vehicle as 18 months old and was still happening at 54 months old

They almost fixed it once by installing a second valve body take from another faulty transmission because they did not have and could not supply a new valve body, i think they mixed and matched parts from the 2 faulty valves and valve bodies, just a guess on my part

21 hours ago, madmax2 said:

When first starting of in the morning ( at 28,000 klm) it would stick in about forth gear and not change gears unless you pulled over and stopped and restarted the engine (which ford told me to do over the phone when we first had the problem so they already new about the fault)

In the end it could happen at any time, did not matter if it was hot or cold and usually did in heavy stop start traffic (at 63,000 klm)

The problem started when the vehicle as 18 months old and was still happening at 54 months old

They almost fixed it once by installing a second valve body take from another faulty transmission because they did not have and could not supply a new valve body, i think they mixed and matched parts from the 2 faulty valves and valve bodies, just a guess on my part

I can understand that you are 'rather' unhappy with Fords.  Did you look at Australian Ford Forum to see if that problem was common.

I have to agree that Ford Service could be somewhat better! We deal with a company who's slogan is 'We aim to be No1' ...I said to a guy there ...if you are No1 ... God help the rest.

I am still very happy with the 'boat like' Everest :smile:. Seventeen months old and counting ...  The Fiesta EcoBoost, is two years old now and as yet, hasn't given a problem other than a new water pump!. Both have the two year extended warranty ... I'm not completely stupid!! Nearly went for the New Focus but after JoeW said try the Civic MrsJ went for that.

12 minutes ago, JAS21 said:

I can understand that you are 'rather' unhappy with Fords.  Did you look at Australian Ford Forum to see if that problem was common.

I have to agree that Ford Service could be somewhat better! We deal with a company who's slogan is 'We aim to be No1' ...I said to a guy there ...if you are No1 ... God help the rest.

I am still very happy with the 'boat like' Everest :smile:. Seventeen months old and counting ...  The Fiesta EcoBoost, is two years old now and as yet, hasn't given a problem other than a new water pump!. Both have the two year extended warranty ... I'm not completely stupid!! Nearly went for the New Focus but after JoeW said try the Civic MrsJ went for that.

It was the Aussie and South African web sites that i found out the valve body was the major suspect in the gearbox problem, i told the ford dealer and FMC  this but they told me they were not interested

and had their own procedure for checking out faults with their vehicles,Ford Thailand advice's all the ford dealers in south east Asia how to repair/fix problems, and do not need advice from other countries it seems, probably a face thing

Best of luck with your Everest, cross your fingers and hope it never needs anything except regular servicing which the dealers can do

On 4/21/2017 at 6:00 PM, JaseTheBass said:

Err, the BT50 and the cheaper Rangers are manufactured on the same assembly line.

Why do these Ford threads attract so many people eager to bash them when they are clearly head and shoulders above nearly all of the competition?

Sent from my Cray II supercomputer

Yes the people must really be stupid. I see so many Toyota's etc around here but I am lucky to see one Ford a day. Have yet to see a Ford red truck and these guys should be experts and always seem to pick Izuzu. 

Went to the Isuzu dealer last week and some design genius has come up with the idea to make the interior cream colored with ugly stitching. That one is off the list also now as it looks absolutely horrendous.

Based on this thread, and even though i mentioned i would not consider a Ford, I will check out the Everest soon to see how it holds up against the Fortuner.

The price of the Everest 2.2 Titanium is similar to the Fortuner 2.4 2WD so lets see how if there is a noticeable difference in looks and feel. Guess I will visit a Pajero dealer also and the 2 best cars will get a test drive before I make up my mind.

Thanks all for the valuable information.

Yes the people must really be stupid. I see so many Toyota's etc around here but I am lucky to see one Ford a day. Have yet to see a Ford red truck and these guys should be experts and always seem to pick Izuzu. 

Ok. Based upon your scientific studies I'll follow a bunch of barely functioning dinosaurs and sell my Ranger so I can buy a vastly inferior Isuzu.

• 2 weeks later...

All subjective off course but we have had a Ford Ranger Wildtrak 3.2 for 2 years now and it literally is the best vehicle I have had since my Supra Twin Turbo back in late 90s! I don't know what problems people have had with Ford service but they have been excellent to us and we've not had a single rattle with the Ranger after 51k kms. Chevrolet Captiva however.... God, that was the shittest car and service I've ever had. We got rid after 3 years.

Am thinking of getting the Everest 3.2 as an extra family car... It looks amazing and the gadgets inside I don't see them have it on the new fortuner. Does anyone own an everest 3.2? Is it any good?

Sent from my LG-H990 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Any Ford owners have a copy of the mailout flyer offering discounts on tires, batteries, wipers and brake shoes? I received two in the mail a few months back but have moved house and I'm buggered if I can find either of them! My Ranger is going in for some warranty work and I am interested in the brake shoe and tire offers. Not sure what the validity dates were but if it is still a current offer, if you can post the info here or even a snapshot of the flyer, that would be great.

Thanks!

NL

On 2017-5-7 at 10:10 PM, reenatinnakor said:

All subjective off course but we have had a Ford Ranger Wildtrak 3.2 for 2 years now and it literally is the best vehicle I have had since my Supra Twin Turbo back in late 90s! I don't know what problems people have had with Ford service but they have been excellent to us and we've not had a single rattle with the Ranger after 51k kms. Chevrolet Captiva however.... God, that was the shittest car and service I've ever had. We got rid after 3 years.

Am thinking of getting the Everest 3.2 as an extra family car... It looks amazing and the gadgets inside I don't see them have it on the new fortuner. Does anyone own an everest 3.2? Is it any good?

Sent from my LG-H990 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Yes, I do ... mine is the MY15. The early ones had three problems ... rear crankshaft oil seal, Crankshaft sensor and Exhaust O2  probe. All from external suppliers. I have had the first two replaced. Supplier problems have now been sorted. So MY16 should be no problem ....

The ride I'm impressed with ... smooth ... has been described as 'boat like'. Economy is not that good ... you can see what I have been getting at www.fuelly.com ...same handle. But does it matter all that much ... 19K Kms in 18 months

Just love the engine sound when accelerating and it's reasonably quick. We always have the 3rd row seats down so it will hold quite a lot of luggage/golf clubs etc.

No GPS and expensive to get google maps onto the screen is a bit of a drawback.     

Our Ford Service Dealer ... not the one we purchased it from ... is okay, Labour costs I believe have recently increased to a little over 550thb/Hr. I will post the Service costs in a future topic, when  get around to it.

Look carefully at SSP value and and also PPP if you intend to keep.

No I haven't taken it 'off road' other than access to some 'resorts' if you can call them that,  in Phu Tub Berg and the like.

Just go for it ....

I agree with JAS. I've got a 2016 3.2. I find the ride comfortable and it's quick enough for the type of vehicle it is.I found the handling to be better than the Pajero Sport or the Fortuner and I tested all of them. The only negative is the fuel economy. I had the Mazda BT 50 3.2 4WD before and the Mazda would get between 100-150 km more per tank. It's got stacks of space and it's great having a separate aircon for 2nd and 3rd row seats. I always have the 3rd row seats down which makes a huge luggage area or a place for my 2 large dogs to snooze. The permanent 4WD is useful as I live in an area with sandy roads and occasional flooding.

I agree with JAS. I've got a 2016 3.2. I find the ride comfortable and it's quick enough for the type of vehicle it is.I found the handling to be better than the Pajero Sport or the Fortuner and I tested all of them. The only negative is the fuel economy. I had the Mazda BT 50 3.2 4WD before and the Mazda would get between 100-150 km more per tank. It's got stacks of space and it's great having a separate aircon for 2nd and 3rd row seats. I always have the 3rd row seats down which makes a huge luggage area or a place for my 2 large dogs to snooze. The permanent 4WD is useful as I live in an area with sandy roads and occasional flooding.

So how many kms do you get from a full tank? On our Ranger WT 3.2 we get about 800 km on a full tank costing about 1900 the to fill up. I think it's an 80 litre tank. How big is the tank? I heard that the 2.2 is slightly better on fuel economy but doesn't have all the gadgets like roadside assisted parking, sun roof and electronic touch screen display? There's a Australian based review on YouTube thats saying the 2.2 is better to drive around the city. Off course money no issue get the 3.2 but it's 300k more... So it's really got to be worth it!

What's the sat navigation system like? Or is it better to just use your phone? I heard that 3rd parties can upload better software to it that's not the Ford dealers... Not sure if that would invalidate the warranty.

Thanks for any more information before I go and test drive one.

He means a moonroof. [emoji41]

I did say that with 'tongue in cheek' but seriously, I have never seen a Wildtrak with one?? (Moonroof). Only on Everest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did say that with 'tongue in cheek' but seriously, I have never seen a Wildtrak with one?? (Moonroof). Only on Everest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I presumed he was talking about the Everest at this point.

23 minutes ago, JaseTheBass said:

I presumed he was talking about the Everest at this point.

Yes ...Ranger with moonroof will definitely be aftermarket ...:passifier:

15 hours ago, reenatinnakor said:

So how many kms do you get from a full tank? On our Ranger WT 3.2 we get about 800 km on a full tank costing about 1900 the to fill up. I think it's an 80 litre tank. How big is the tank? I heard that the 2.2 is slightly better on fuel economy but doesn't have all the gadgets like roadside assisted parking, sun roof and electronic touch screen display? There's a Australian based review on YouTube thats saying the 2.2 is better to drive around the city. Off course money no issue get the 3.2 but it's 300k more... So it's really got to be worth it!

What's the sat navigation system like? Or is it better to just use your phone? I heard that 3rd parties can upload better software to it that's not the Ford dealers... Not sure if that would invalidate the warranty.

Thanks for any more information before I go and test drive one.

There is a 2.2 RWD Titanium version that includes all the gadgets, moonroof etc