antiperspirant deodorant, sensitive groin area

THAIPHUKET

I am not an expert on using that type of product anywhere on my body besides under my arms. I have never heard of anyone trying to use it in a sensitive "groin" area and that would probably not be recommended. Are you from Europe?

Are there any liquid soaps especially formulated cleaning the male groin area?  There are a number of products available for women don't have perfumes or other irritating ingredients and are pH balanced.  It would seem that a similar product would be good for men, too.

NancyL. I'm sure you are right. Irrespective of differcence man vs woman in that location, the skin of the groins is samesame.
So yes it will work.

But in this climate groin sweating is normal. Perfect breeding ground for fungus.
A deodorant may be more convenient than than frequentiert washing. Quickly applied.
Perhaps I'll find the Eucerin sensitive skin deodorant.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

I've found that a vigerous daily exfoliation of the more aromatic parts of the body helps a lot.  I use a stiff brush like this and a shampoo that has tea tree oil in it*.  Not only does it leave the areas in question feeling minty fresh, I find they take much longer to become un-fresh.  Sometimes I also do an alcohol swab of the arm pits after drying off, which I have found allows me to go without antiperspirant or deodorant for a good part of the day.  YMMV.

brush.jpg.fd49c3f9565fad3c6294e0d1c21c0528.jpg

*Paul Mitchell tea tree shampoo, which I brought with me from the states in a gallon jug.  Not sure what I'll use when that runs out.

26 minutes ago, attrayant said:

Sometimes I also do an alcohol swab of the arm pits after drying off, which I have found allows me to go without antiperspirant or deodorant for a good part of the day.  YMMV.

Good idea. I spray some alcohol from a small spray bottle, let that dry a minute or so, then, if I'm going out, apply a natural deo powder of 50/50 (ratio adjustable) baking soda/corn starch, using a kabuki brush. Works very well, dirt cheap, scentless & non-staining. Can also be applied to groin area.

Edited by JSixpack

23 hours ago, attrayant said:

I've found that a vigerous daily exfoliation of the more aromatic parts of the body helps a lot.  I use a stiff brush like this and a shampoo that has tea tree oil in it*.  Not only does it leave the areas in question feeling minty fresh, I find they take much longer to become un-fresh.  Sometimes I also do an alcohol swab of the arm pits after drying off, which I have found allows me to go without antiperspirant or deodorant for a good part of the day.  YMMV.

brush.jpg.fd49c3f9565fad3c6294e0d1c21c0528.jpg

*Paul Mitchell tea tree shampoo, which I brought with me from the states in a gallon jug.  Not sure what I'll use when that runs out.

If you can't find the Paul Mitchell shampoo, you might try this.  I buy it at Tesco and use it in the shower because it lathers up so nicely:

tea_tree.jpg.52b0c93d9c2163b5a656c4e0a0673aae.jpg

It's not a shampoo, though I often use it as such.  (Hey, what can I say.  I'm a guy who used to use Dial soap as shampoo in my youth...)  It comes in different varieties.  I think that in addition to this chamomile extract version, there's a rose water one, and maybe others.

I found this at Boots and have been using it the last few days. I have very sensitive groin skin due to maltreatment with Elomet Creme and the likes, causing a thinning of the skin=   corticosteroids.

FOCAL has been used for a week, so far the result is good,  no but no if.

WhatsApp Image 2017-05-01 at 7.40.27 PM(1).jpeg