Hotel managed condos in Pattaya

theguyfromanotherforum

I suppose it all comes down to how its set up, is it a hotel operating in a condo block, or are you buying a condo in a hotel block etc. There are lots of complexes in BKK were they have Acme hotel and a seperate tower/building called Acme residences, sharing the same swimming pool etc. I think in lots of cases there is a seperation floors 1-5 is the hotel and floors 5-10 is the condos. Certainly something to consider if buying.

So the perks are that you can call room service, cleaning at maybe they won't let the building fall in disrepair... but if the residence has its own juristic person and fund separate from the hotel I don't see any benefit...

If the hotel part is considered a co-owner (albeit with a bigger if not majority share of the building) in the condo, I can see that the hotel could be a major contributor to building maintenance 

How about these guys advertising here on Thai Visa, offering 7%, 10% & 14% returns, guaranteed by a Major Hotel group.

How secure do you really think that is?  Has anybody here invested yet? Would be interested in hearing how it is going.

Or any other opinions as to it's viability as an investment vehicle.

Why will they offer 7-10-14%% if you purchase a room, if they can take a bank credit for 2-3-4%%?

Same money for less %%?

Because they MUST return the bank credit but they can  don't return your %%-s...

Very simple,it's business,baby.

45 minutes ago, verito said:

Why will they offer 7-10-14%% if you purchase a room, if they can take a bank credit for 2-3-4%%?

Same money for less %%?

Because they MUST return the bank credit but they can  don't return your %%-s...

Very simple,it's business,baby.

It's fraud, actually.

4 hours ago, NoBrainer said:

How about these guys advertising here on Thai Visa, offering 7%, 10% & 14% returns, guaranteed by a Major Hotel group.

How secure do you really think that is?  Has anybody here invested yet? Would be interested in hearing how it is going.

Or any other opinions as to it's viability as an investment vehicle.

Also Nordic in pratumnak offering 10% on their leasehold units for 10 years.Than these other hotel chains usually also give certain rental guarantee but of course its always never water tight.

The Nordic offers 10% if we purchase a room about 3 times more expensive than in other condos.

Ok,we agree to buy an expensive condo but expect 10% for 10 years.

They say that earn your 10% from other guys who rent  rooms in their hotels or their condos.

But try to look their hotels or condos and you can see only a few people.This quantity of tenants cannot ensure your 10%...

The only way they can some time,only some time  pay your 10% is to sell more and more rooms.

But after will come  time for "to raise sails"...

1 hour ago, verito said:

The only way they can some time,only some time  pay your 10% is to sell more and more rooms.

No. They're merely returning over time your excess payment to you. You seem ignorant re: the return of capital concept, quite basic. Only spendthrifts might find it useful in this case.

Edited by JSixpack

2 hours ago, verito said:

The Nordic offers 10% if we purchase a room about 3 times more expensive than in other condos.

Ok,we agree to buy an expensive condo but expect 10% for 10 years.

They say that earn your 10% from other guys who rent  rooms in their hotels or their condos.

But try to look their hotels or condos and you can see only a few people.This quantity of tenants cannot ensure your 10%...

But they seem quite sure about what they are doing ? How many millions euros they have invested here ?

32 minutes ago, JSixpack said:

No. They're merely returning over time your excess payment to you. You seem ignorant re: the return of capital concept, quite basic. Only spendthrifts might find it useful in this case.

Probably a combination of 1.rental income,2.return of your inflated buyers price 3.payments from the next buyer signing up.

8 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

Probably a combination of 1.rental income,2.return of your inflated buyers price 3.payments from the next buyer signing up.

Obviously rental income, if the place is rented, will be used, but the guarantee hinges on ROC. I don't agree with our ace TVF economists who see a pyramid scheme under every rock, and to suggest that this is a pyramid scheme probably violates Thai libel laws. 

14 minutes ago, JSixpack said:

Obviously rental income, if the place is rented, will be used, but the guarantee hinges on ROC. I don't agree with our ace TVF economists who see a pyramid scheme under every rock, and to suggest that this is a pyramid scheme probably violates Thai libel laws. 

Yes not a pure pyramid scheme but a combi of my 3 points that I mentioned.Example Their 3 million bht condo but the real price is only 2 million.(they pocket 1 million) Than estimated 5% annual rental returns makes in 10 years time 1,5 million bht income plus u over paid one million bht makes already 2,5 million bht.sure they launch some new project in these ten years time so they only need to take half a million bht from these down payments  in order to return you your 10x10% basically this can go on forever.