PM Prayut calls for nightclub age restrictions enforcement

webfact

8 hours ago, The Deerhunter said:

Not really the same thing is it.  In fact quite an  inapropriate comparison.  One is under very strict adult supervision (or should be, bearing in mind certain recent news items).  The other is the complete antithesis of that.   Who would you rather trust, 6, sober 22 year old sentries with rifles or a group of pilled up 17 year olds from a local Tech institute  with knives?

Hear what you're saying although in the early 80's had the pleasure to deal with 18 year old conscripts in Egypt armed with AK47's who always wanted a full mag' on at all times.

Un-nerving to say the least.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Not as strange as the US, where you can be old enough to die for your country in the military but not to buy a can of beer. Very weird.

I believe this is not totally true, when I served (1970-1978) 18 year olds were allowed to drink on post, camp or station. It is local authorities that prohibit them from drinking off post. I am not sure if this continues. 

18 hours ago, lvr181 said:

Joined at 16? Bit slow in getting in was he? An ex-military friend of mine (nice guy now, sadly, deceased) joined the British army at age 15, legitimately!

Was that to fight in the first or second Boer War?

On 4/24/2017 at 6:04 AM, HiSoLowSoNoSo said:

Why not close all night clubs? they have already banned many things that made Thailand a funny place to visit. If this new moralistic "government" will stay in power for long time, many Thais will lose their jobs.

What "many things" have been banned?

On Monday, April 24, 2017 at 1:33 PM, sambum said:

"Legally married at 18", and then you say "Cannot celebrate a marriage or baby birth until one is 20!"

Sorry - I am confused - what do you mean?

Its simple. In Thailand, being different from the rest of the world, women are pregnant for 24 months, sometimes longer!

Some men even require motherly support well into their 30's.

As for the celebrating marriage. Keep up the show. We only do that to impress our better halves.

On 4/24/2017 at 0:02 PM, anotheruser said:

Easy to do just set up a computer program for all clubs to check ID? haha you must be joking if you think that is easily accomplished in Thailand. Also if they are under legal drinking age shouldn't the birthday on their ID card sort of be the red flag? 

Your idea makes no sense at all.

First before you trash someone maybe have reason and knowledge

Do not just trash.

Many countries have id systems.

a lot of businesses have computer systems that will identify you no matter what store you are in.

As to age I am assuming that you have lived in the boonies all your life and were never young. or been to khaosan rd

Fake idea is plentiful around the world

On 4/24/2017 at 10:28 AM, brewsterbudgen said:

Since he was unanimously appointed in August 2014.

Seems to be a strange interpretation of the word ''únanimously'''.  I would imagine there were fewer than 100 military thugs and other privileged elite in on the joke who have a very limited perception of what words like democracy, elections and the citizens' right to choose really mean. Alternate facts abound in Thailand's version of privileged elite. Nothing new here. 

Seems to be a strange interpretation of the word ''únanimously'''.  I would imagine there were fewer than 100 military thugs and other privileged elite in on the joke who have a very limited perception of what words like democracy, elections and the citizens' right to choose really mean. Alternate facts abound in Thailand's version of privileged elite. Nothing new here. 

Of course. The unanimity was only of those on the NCPO.

On 4/24/2017 at 8:05 AM, kingstonkid said:

Also looking at the maturity leve of most young Thais I would suggest that it should be raised to 30 in clubs if you are Thai so that you have the maturity to take responsibility for your actions.

If maturity is taken as the entry requirement, most would never be able to enter a club.