How long does it take to convert "O" to retirement visa

Currently in the process of getting a retirement (long stay) visa. I have an "O" visa which I obtained in Phuket on 28 March, after converting from a tourist visa. It expires on 25th June. My problem is that I will be out of the country from 13 June to 4 July. I'm just trying to find out what options I have for extending to the full retirement visa. I understand I can apply 30 days before expiry. This would leave a couple of weeks before I go overseas. Is this long enough to get the new visa?

There would be no conversion involved. You would be a applying for an extension of stay based upon retirement that is not a visa.

Normally you get the extension stamp on the same day you apply if you have all the correct documents required. Some offices have you come back the next day to pickup your passport with the extension of stay stamp in it.

When you get the extension stamp you will need to apply for a re-entry permit to keep your extension valid when you make a trip out of the country. You can get a single re-entry permit for a fee of 1000 baht or a multiple for a fee of 3800 baht. 

• Like 1

U. Joe sorry to come onboard here. But the threadstarter did convert from T.VISA to a non O in order to get a extension of stay later on.

I think that the answer he is looking for is the following:

If you leave 13th of june no problem. You can come with your Non O 1 month ahead of time (in some cases even 45 days ahead of 25th june) and make this extension of stay....  So you have plenty of time before you leave on the 13th of june.

Glegolo

Edited by glegolo
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, glegolo said:

But the threadstarter did convert from T.VISA to a non O in order to get a extension of stay later on

True but the application for an extension of stay is not a conversion.

I answered the question in the topic title "How long does it take to convert "O" to retirement visa".

8 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

True but the application for an extension of stay is not a conversion.

I answered the question in the topic title "How long does it take to convert "O" to retirement visa".

Yes I did not mean to affend you Joe, not at all, just thought you missed the mark a bit. The guy needed info that it was OK to leave the country on the 13th, and there was time for him before that, to make and application for an extension of stay. That was my reason to complete your answer..

Sorry to barge in here.

Glegolo