Lazada does not deliver - legal questions

cerox

Hello guys,

I hope somebody can help me with my legal questions in Thailand.

On the 15th of April I ordered a notebook for about 45k THB from Lazada. They were supposed to send it out on the 17th/18th (Monday/Tuesday) and the estimated arrival time on their customer website was dated for Wednesday.

On Thursday, after I saw the item is still in the "processing" queue and there is no hint on when they are going to send it, I tried to cancel it, which is not possible and I was told to contact the customer service.

My e-mail to the customer service on Thursday was answered one day later with "we will escalate and give you feedback". Yesterday (Sunday) I wrote them again asking about a status, so after one working day (Monday) I find their responses  very slow and I would be happy about some information . I also told them they should cancel the order if they do not have it in stock and transfer my money back.

I have already paid by bank wire.

My questions are:

- Legally how long am I supposed to wait? After that how do I have to warn them ( letter etc.? how to send via post?)

- Have I any chances to get my money back?

- how should I proceed?

It is really a frustrating experience, mostly because of their "no-communiation". I understand there might be a mistake in the system so the item might not be in stock even if they said so, but it should not be an issue to come back to me and refund the money.

I want to point out that this is my first negative experience, I ordered a few times from them before and I always got my stuff in two days.

Any help would be appreciated.

You would be better contacting :

Consumer Protection Board. http://www.ocpb.go.t...?filename=index

This agency deals with all retails, real estate and alike problems, including faulty products, incomplete jobs, warranty's etc.

To get relevent and appropriate course of action.

Personally I only use "Cash on delivery" if it dont come they dont get paid. Take too long, get turned away.

Since Lazada was acquired by Alibaba the service has gone down a lot.

I have experienced similar delays, and a friend had a return not honored, while everything was done by the book, and he had called Lazada CS who had helped him to activate the return.

It took about 1 month after the return before they even informed him they did not accept it

Try pay COD, Real Credit Card or Paypal in future.. Bank Transfer gives you no rights its like mailing cash.. but I have never had any problem with Lazada and when order is picked up they mail you to say its too late to cancel.. so maybe you can cancel at processing stage.

Sent from my SM-N920C using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

As already mentioned COD is the way to go . 

Expensive laptops are almost never in stock and ordered from abroad, most probably China. So there's the delay .  You need to be patient , the problem in cases like these is that if you cancel it Lazada will end up with one expensive laptop in stock and maybe nobody wants to buy it. And the company in China will not take it back .  So if you paid already I am afraid it can be very difficult to get your money back . 

Hello guys,

many thanks for all your replies and so quickly :) It is very helpful.

You are all right about the COD, I learned my lesson now. Interesting is the post that the item is most probably not in stock here and has to be ordered abroad. Which is actually fine, I don't mind waiting a few weeks, but I would appreciate some estimations about their delivery (even if one month in the future) so I can plan better.

I'll try to call them on Thursday if I don't get a better answer until then, they wrote me an e-mail a few hours ago telling me the same as last time.

The reason I don't pay COD is convenience, COD requires me to be at home many days in a row because I do not know when they deliver and last time the delivery guy called very short notice before being at my condo. So paying in advance worked out well in the past and they can just deliver it to the reception. But thanks for all your feedback, I learned my lesson :)

For now the best course of action seems waiting and "friendly asking / reminding" before an escalation about that Consumer Protection board. How long should I wait? 1 month from the order date?

Normally Lazada would show stock availability and expected delivery schedule on the right side of the product page. I would avoid getting from sellers abroad and items not on stock. What was the status of the product during your purchase?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Hi shady86,

the status was "in stock" when I ordered but now it is not available from the same seller anymore.

So it seems Lazada communicates with the seller. I asked them to just cancel the order because the notebook seems to be available from other sellers but they did not respond and communicate with the seller from the order.

I think it's a good lesson: only COD next time and for notebooks it seems to be better to buy them "offline" :)

Ring them they have a good service on the phone lines always had my queries answered there and then. I also use COD but with that you cannot cancel before delivery. You have to either refuse the delivery or take it and then return it if you choose the latter option (not recommended it will take up to 2 months to get your money back or a couple of weeks for a store credit on your account.

Most problems I have is with the suppliers not Lazada themselves I always look at the sellers reputation before ordering below 4 stars I choose another supplier on the lazada Web site. Plus things like laptops, tv's I would never buy from them prefer to see before I buy and then I know there is a physical store I can return it to should it go Tits up 

Hi shady86,

the status was "in stock" when I ordered but now it is not available from the same seller anymore.

So it seems Lazada communicates with the seller. I asked them to just cancel the order because the notebook seems to be available from other sellers but they did not respond and communicate with the seller from the order.

I think it's a good lesson: only COD next time and for notebooks it seems to be better to buy them "offline" :)

That's sounds like seller didn't update stock availability. Anyway your money went to Lazada not seller directly so I guess you just need to wait for your money back. Try ringing damn everyday or posting on social, they will act fast.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Hi ukrules,

that's interesting, but could you please explain that further? They stated a price on their website so it's basically a contract. Whether they import the product or not, should not be my problem.

Please correct me, if I misunderstand something about that in Thailand :)

42 minutes ago, cerox said:

Hi ukrules,

that's interesting, but could you please explain that further? They stated a price on their website so it's basically a contract. Whether they import the product or not, should not be my problem.

Please correct me, if I misunderstand something about that in Thailand :)

With Lazada the price quoted is including taxes if the item is shipped from abroad.

It also says in the listing if the item shops from abroad, but going bt the dates in the OP, I assume it was a Thai seller.

13 minutes ago, sniffdog said:

COD is a better option, but it's not a guarantee your order is tiptop as you're not allowed to open the package before payment.

Last couple of orders, from Lazada,  I opened the packages before paying... just to make sure items were OK... not a problem for the Kerry Express delivery guy.

Makes it easier for the delivery guy, as saves on return paper work! 

3 hours ago, ukrules said:

If the item is mailed to you from outside Thailand then you will almost cerainly be hit with import taxes and VAT when it arrives.

Nope , Lazada already included the extra taxes. They are responsible to deliver at the price the buyer agreed on .  

If you order yourself from a foreign company that's another story . 

1 hour ago, samuijimmy said:

Last couple of orders, from Lazada,  I opened the packages before paying... just to make sure items were OK... not a problem for the Kerry Express delivery guy.

Makes it easier for the delivery guy, as saves on return paper work! 

As do I. :thumbsup:

COD and open the package(s) to verify their integrity before paying the delivery guy.

I would in this case try to speak to someone higher up the ranks at Lazada  , and not only the same support people if they keep repeating the same answers to you.    

Lazada is now owned by AliBaba group with head office in SIngapore.  I would use any social media channels available to get any response from higher up in Thailand. 

3 hours ago, balo said:

Nope , Lazada already included the extra taxes. They are responsible to deliver at the price the buyer agreed on .  

If you order yourself from a foreign company that's another story . 

Interesting, does this apply to the 'marketplace' orders which are shipped directly from a foreign country by one of Lazadas third party  sellers ?

10 minutes ago, JaseTheBass said:

You would imagine wrong.

COD is only available from Thai based suppliers.

Sent from my Cray II supercomputer

Typo error word emitted would  NOT be.

However there are COD options for some items sent from abroad I use this option always. Had a dash cam sent to me from USA via lazada was able to pay COD all depends on supplier I think.

Typo error word emitted would  NOT be.
However there are COD options for some items sent from abroad I use this option always. Had a dash cam sent to me from USA via lazada was able to pay COD all depends on supplier I think.

I've never seen the option from overseas suppliers, but if you say so.

One thing - at least in the past, Lazada had a limit on the price of products they would ship COD. I bought a laptop (Asus G751JY) which was over the limit. I was nervous about doing a bank transfer but everything worked out fine. More than satisfied both with Lazada and the laptop.

15 minutes ago, JaseTheBass said:

I've never seen the option from overseas suppliers, but if you say so.

Not what I bought but a good example of what I said if you care to look it up

HD 1080P In Car DVR Camera Dash Cam Video Recorder Black Night Vision G sensor.

Archived