Lazada does not deliver - legal questions

cerox

Hello guys,

I'd like to say that the issue has been resolved with Lazada. They are cancelling the order and refund my money.

The telephone support is quiet good, but I'm disappointed with their e-mail supported. It's just very different.

The seller has not answered so although it is the sellers and not Lazada's fault, I would appreciate a better e-mail support from them in the future, so with better communication like on the phone.

Thanks for all the help and information here :)

Hello guys,

I'd like to say that the issue has been resolved with Lazada. They are cancelling the order and refund my money.

The telephone support is quiet good, but I'm disappointed with their e-mail supported. It's just very different.

The seller has not answered so although it is the sellers and not Lazada's fault, I would appreciate a better e-mail support from them in the future, so with better communication like on the phone.

Thanks for all the help and information here :)

I believe its against the law to answer emails in SE Asia....

Sent from my Cray II supercomputer

If you pay COD there is no need to stay home for "days"  If you use the track and trace facility, you are able to follow the delivery and be home for the delivery day. Also, normally with us, the office or the delivery man has phoned the morning of delivery.

13 minutes ago, rawhod said:

If you pay COD there is no need to stay home for "days"  If you use the track and trace facility, you are able to follow the delivery and be home for the delivery day. Also, normally with us, the office or the delivery man has phoned the morning of delivery.

Lol using the track and trace is a joke it's usual for the item to be delivered yet showing in process. Luckily the kerry boys and lazada's own drivers ring on the day of delivery if we're not in they are great just bring it al9ng the next day.

1 minute ago, jeab1980 said:

Lol using the track and trace is a joke it's usual for the item to be delivered yet showing in process. Luckily the kerry boys and lazada's own drivers ring on the day of delivery if we're not in they are great just bring it al9ng the next day.

I had 3 item delivered in the past few eeks, 1 with Kerry and 2 with Lazada express.

The lazada express items never showed a tracking number, and the kerry express I got a mail that it had left the seller after I had received the item already.

One of the items was crap, and I returned it by post on Monday using their printed out return form, so it must have been delivered to their warehouse yesterday.

This morning I received an email that said that online return was malfunctioning and that I needed to pay for myself and would have 50 Baht added to the refund.

Orders shipped from overseas (usually China) can take several weeks to arrive.  I made that mistake a couple of times, and ever since I have looked carefully at the delivery details, as it always states if the order is sourced locally or from abroad. If from abroad, be prepared to wait at least two weeks, or look for an alternative that is sourced in Thailand.

I have always found that a call to their service line by a Thai usually clarifies, and ultimately solves any issues. Although they offer an English alternative it is not too good.

I have paid in advance and used COD and have always got my order in the end.  It's not exactly Amazon, but it sort of works okay and they always have the cheapest prices and it saves me going downtown to look for something.

Good to hear OP got his money back.

I couldn't imagine a big company like Lazada are "shafting" people, they will very quickly get a bad reputation and that would be the end for them. I have an outstanding order on a 4k PC monitor but also choose COD, should be here next week.

Amazon is very good, I ordered some books (real books, not e-books) but I never received them so I sent them an e-mail and complained and they promptly send 2 more books and with DHL express, had them 3 days later. I also just received a Lenovo tablet from them but I paid over 3k baht in import taxes, which I knew when I bought it and was included in the PayPal transfer payment. I might get some of that back but heard here on TV that is very unlikely, we shall see. 

Hong Kong and China as Mobi mentioned are notoriously slow unless you made some special shipping arrangements which off-course will cost extra and you will likely be hit further with import taxes. 

I do prefer to check out those electronic items before I buy them but the problem is that I can't find them in Pattaya. Eksample: My old pc monitor defected itself after +4 years use earlier this week and I don't want a low spec one, I want a 4k monitor (3840X2160) this time  but couldn't find one in Pattaya, only HD spec monitors (1920X1080), so no other option than buying on-line.   

I just bought a Samsung CF791 (3440x1440) in Fortune Tower Bangkok. I saw 4K monitors at IT city. So take a look in IT city Tukcom. Maybe they also have them.

If you even a higher spec screen like 4K, make sure you have at least a GTX 1080 to get acceptable framerates.

Too lazy to start a new thread, however it deserves one, but this about another incompetence of Lazada return service.

Few weeks ago I ordered what was called a digital pH meter, well it was digital but that was the only true thing about, because as a ph meter it was simply useless.

I had time to return it till 25 April, so I initiated the return on 22 April, printed out the return form and noticed that there was no EMS number printed on it.

On 24 April I brought it to the post office, where they were a little surprised as it didn't look like the 10 different forms from Lazada they received on other occasions, but after consulting with the postmaster they were able to send it. I had printed the form in duplicate on which they put the post stamp.

On 25 April, 3 days after I had initiated the return, I received an email from Lazada that there was an issue with their online return and that I would have to pay for the EMS which they would later refund.

I then was aware that there would be problems on the way. So when by the end of the week there was no status update I called them up,m and of course they asked me for the EMS number they didn't provide because there was an issue with their online returns. But of which they didn't inform me before I had posted the item already.

They then asked me for a copy of the form with the post stamp, which I sent them promptly on last Friday.

Since then it all got quiet. Sent them a new email yesterday, to which they didn't bother to respond.

Called them up a few minutes ago, and again the questions for the EMS number, which they are very well aware that all returns sent last week will not have it because of the online return problems of which they didn't inform their customers in a timely manner.

Of course the conversation was ended with the lame " we will coordinate with the involved departments" .

I in return informed them that I expect a credible response within 1 hour or OCPB will be invloved, and i will start posting on their own FB page.

Feel sorry for ever one, but my self I have brought over 50 items from them, ever thing has allways been  perfect

they have rung in the morning of  delivery, have allways been within 1 hour, of ringing. I allways pay cash for ever thing

no matter how much, that way out here there is no worry of any thing going wrong, and some things have been for a lot

of money still no trouble, am expecting a delivery  Thursday which after this I hope will be the same.

I stopped using Lazada because it's easier and faster to use aliexpress.com. Alibaba is the parent company which now owns Lazada.

I never had problems with Lazada, but I always used one of my two credit cards. Aliexpress is very fast, efficient and you can contact

your seller easily. I have had sellers contact me within minutes of my message before and after my purchases. The Lazada sight is so

slow, I would imagine they will close it down soon.Their customer service has always been bad, but this is Thailand. Mai bin lai! No

problem, but aliexpress is a wonderful experience. You might want to complain directly to Alibaba and you'll probably get results.

Check Aliexpress for your computer and price. Normally free delivery to Thailand.

I stopped using Lazada because it's easier and faster to use aliexpress.com. Alibaba is the parent company which now owns Lazada.
I never had problems with Lazada, but I always used one of my two credit cards. Aliexpress is very fast, efficient and you can contact
your seller easily. I have had sellers contact me within minutes of my message before and after my purchases. The Lazada sight is so
slow, I would imagine they will close it down soon.Their customer service has always been bad, but this is Thailand. Mai bin lai! No
problem, but aliexpress is a wonderful experience. You might want to complain directly to Alibaba and you'll probably get results.
Check Aliexpress for your computer and price. Normally free delivery to Thailand.

Nonsense, and FYI it's the same owner , that's right the Alibaba boss also owns Lazada. I think Lazada is the best online shop in Thailand without any comparison. With so many customers there must be complaints but 99% of us are very happy with Lazada. Now I think I have used them more than 25 times , I bought my phone there and TV. Always COD.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/3/2017 at 2:01 PM, janclaes47 said:

Too lazy to start a new thread, however it deserves one, but this about another incompetence of Lazada return service.

Few weeks ago I ordered what was called a digital pH meter, well it was digital but that was the only true thing about, because as a ph meter it was simply useless.

I had time to return it till 25 April, so I initiated the return on 22 April, printed out the return form and noticed that there was no EMS number printed on it.

On 24 April I brought it to the post office, where they were a little surprised as it didn't look like the 10 different forms from Lazada they received on other occasions, but after consulting with the postmaster they were able to send it. I had printed the form in duplicate on which they put the post stamp.

On 25 April, 3 days after I had initiated the return, I received an email from Lazada that there was an issue with their online return and that I would have to pay for the EMS which they would later refund.

I then was aware that there would be problems on the way. So when by the end of the week there was no status update I called them up,m and of course they asked me for the EMS number they didn't provide because there was an issue with their online returns. But of which they didn't inform me before I had posted the item already.

They then asked me for a copy of the form with the post stamp, which I sent them promptly on last Friday.

Since then it all got quiet. Sent them a new email yesterday, to which they didn't bother to respond.

Called them up a few minutes ago, and again the questions for the EMS number, which they are very well aware that all returns sent last week will not have it because of the online return problems of which they didn't inform their customers in a timely manner.

Of course the conversation was ended with the lame " we will coordinate with the involved departments" .

I in return informed them that I expect a credible response within 1 hour or OCPB will be invloved, and i will start posting on their own FB page.

I thought it was time to give an update on my issue with Lazada.

On the day I made the previous post I also posted my story on the Lazada FB page.

Within 1 hour I had someone calling me who was falling over herself to apologize, and she offered me a 300 Bht APOLOGY coupon for my bad experiences.

She also told me that she would continue to investigate and if the item hadn't arrived at their warehouse after 20 days, it would be consider as lost and I would be refunded.

I asked her if this 300 Bht APOLOGY coupon was considered part of the refund, and was assured that this was only a compensation for their lack of service.

The 20 day period expired on 13 May, but the silence from Lazada side was deafening.

I sent them 2 emails, to which I didn't get a response. I called them but they couldn't give me a direct answer, and didn't call me back afterwards as promised.

So I took to their facebook again. Less than 20 minutes later I received response to both emails, which told me that they would investigate further, so in other words back tracking on their earlier promise and kicking the can further down the road.

An few hours later I got a similar response to the facebook post.

In the mean time I had responded to the email that there was no need to investigate further, since they had declared previously they would refund me on 13 May.

A bit later I received a new response in which they said they had compensated me already with the 300 Baht APOLOGY coupon.

Avoid Lazada as they are not honest and don't honour their own commitments.

This is not the first time they don't honour their warranties. A friend got done to the amount of about 8000 Baht by them

Unlike you I TRUST Lazada because I have used them 40-50 times without any issues. Yes you were unlucky this time. But overall their service is great considering this is Thailand.  

• 3 weeks later...

@janclaes47Me too :sad:. 2 items arrived from within LoS in a few day but a third coming from abroad was never shipped despite being paid for on day 1. It took 3 emails and a screenshot before they realized that this was a split order (one number for everything ordered by me that day) and that i was chasing item 3 & not the two we had already received.

My experience until then had been positive but their inability to admit the obvious and to cuff their replies is a stark warning to never pay for anything until they put it in your hand.

I have bought many, many things on Lazada and believe me I had a couple of bad experiences. Someone in this thread mentioned that it is necessary to know someone higher up. I second that, but I believe it is best to know the highest up. So concerning Lazada Thailand, time ago I just did some homework and ever since, I know the CEO and the COO of Lazada Thailand (both foreigners) via their email addresses. I also know their superior located in Singapore who is a co-founder of Rocket Internet in Germany who started Lazada as one of their ventures. Google is your frind.

Ever since I know the people in the Thailand key positions, any problems arising, they are settled very quickly and efficiently.

• 1 year later...
On 5/3/2017 at 10:45 AM, tomwct said:

never had any issues with customs (held up packages or overcharged duty.)....or with Thai Post not delivering ?

On 4/24/2017 at 9:45 PM, cerox said:

On the 15th of April I ordered a notebook for about 45k THB from Lazada. They were supposed to send it out on the 17th/18th (Monday/Tuesday) and the estimated arrival time on their customer website was dated for Wednesday.

Only COD, they are much keener to deliver.

Never pay in advance.

Archived