Wanted doctor ‘also a victim’ of tour firm scam, says suspect

snoop1130

Wanted doctor ‘also a victim’ of tour firm scam, says suspect

By Suriya Patathayo

The Nation

2b0636b73e3962df616dda933931c88e.jpeg

A government doctor wanted for public fraud along with her boyfriend and another accomplice has also been a victim, according to the only suspect who turned herself in to police on Tuesday morning.

Pongpan Siriwat reported to the Central Investigation Bureau (CIB) to deny charges that she was involved in the alleged tour company scam that caused more than Bt60million damages to victims. 

She blamed the doctor’s boyfriend Thirayut Burassakan, who has now changed his name to Apiwat Akadej, for the scam. 

“I’m not an accomplice. I am hired at Bt30,000 a month to handle administrative tasks such as taking pictures for promotions. I have personally invested Bt1.3million in his business,” she said. 

According to Pongpan, Apiwat’s business had existed and generated dividends for investors until recently. 

“It’s only lately that he stopped paying me dividends. I have been unable to contact him since late March,” Pongpan said. 

She said Apiwat’s girlfriend, Acting Lieutenant Commander Pannarat Chanmanee, had been dating him since late 2014.

“Although her name appeared as a director of his company, she had never run the firm,” Pongpan said. 

She said the relationships between Apiwat and Pannarat had turned sour for a while, with him threatening to kill her, prompting Pannarat to flee to Japan. 

“But now, I can’t contact her either. Initially, I planned to persuade her to turn herself in,” Pannarat said. 

CIB chief Thitiraj Nonghanpitak interrogated Pannarat. 

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/breakingnews/30313325

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-4-25

22 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Ah, clearly innocent I see.

So many of these scams, how come the RTP never find any of these these things before someone who has been scammed / cheated speaks up?

The shogun character has a string of scamming / cheating convictions etc., going back 10 years, how come she's not being watched?

Edited by scorecard

22 minutes ago, scorecard said:

So many of these scams, how come the RTP never find any of these these things before someone who has been scammed / cheated speaks up?

The shogun character has a string of scamming / cheating convictions etc., going back 10 years, how come she's not being watched?

The reasons are large, bulging, brown and rectangular shaped...

This all seems like some big silly misunderstanding. The people orchestrating these scams seem to be angels who were scammed themselves. That's the only real crime here. Give them all a cash reward for being confused but trying to do the right thing at the same time. That can't be easy.