Security Camera System Recommendations Please

UKJASE

Hi Guys, can anyone recommend a good security system i can purchase on lazada / homepro etc please, that will act as a deterrent to potential burglars? 

My mate is a builder, so he and i will install it, but i would still prefer one that is relatively simple to install and maintain. 

We want one that has either 4 or 6 cameras, and will record all video into the cloud, or something similarly secure.

Some cameras will be inside the house, and some outside, secured into the ceiling I guess

We live in a single story villa, and getting into the roof is not a problem.

Can anyone recommend something please, as i am pretty clueless on what the current market offers (there are so many to choose from!!)

Thanks in advance if anyone can help 

Your best bet is to go into a store such as tukcom if you can to actually see the units and the picture quality, lens angle etc. Was actually looking at systems last week for myself and a decent outdoor 4 camera wired unit set up with a 1gb memory ran into approx 24k (not fitted they wanted 1k per camera fitting) a monitor screen and splitter was extra as well

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I feel I should point out that they are not and will not be "security" cameras. They are "surveillance" cameras. We have customers who had/have  "surveillance' cameras and still got broken into. 

• Like 1

I use real security cameras from IQeye, 750 serries. They run about $1200 USD Each.

Record directly to my NAS which is running "Surveillance Station" ...

Yes, may be overkill for what the OP wants, but you get what you pay for ...

Also remember to get a UPS for all cams and recorder ....

rudi

• Like 1

21 hours ago, UKJASE said:

can anyone recommend a good security system i can purchase on lazada / homepro etc please, that will act as a deterrent to potential burglars?

Doesn't having Security/Surveillance Cameras usually indicate there must be some really good and expensive shit inside?

They're more of an advertising sign rather than a deterrent to potential burglars.

Then again, having the BMW parked out under the carport isn't helping either. 

• Like 1

The OP might consider Bosch Thailand. They installed in Buriram for me. However the electric fence I had installed has proven a better investment. The video shows masked people on motorbikes with no license plates. But the body language when they looked towards the electric fence and the warning sign in Thai made them drive to an easier target. My next home may not have any CCTV but it will have a professional electric fence.  http://www.boschsecurity.com/dealer/Content.ashx?language=th&country=TH&action=getbylocstart

• 6 months later...

You could try PSI

I had 3 cameras fitted but may get 1 or 2 more, just basic 1.5 mg pix

2 are 2mg pix & the other is 3 mg pix that is co;our at night 

All have motion sensors & the Tech can determine how you want all set

My control box is 8 channel & can hold the recordings for 30 days that you can view on your phone any where in the world

19,000 bht with back up service

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

As said, CCTV is only for surveillance and deterrent.

A reliable and more cost effective solution could be to purchase a cheap android mobile phone and download one of the free motion detection apps.

These will send an alarm to your mobile where ever you are and a picture that triggered the alarm.

You need to know when the intrusion is happening rather than later viewing it on playback.

We have dogs so we set the zone covering the main entrance high enough that the dogs do not trigger but would capture anyone breaking in or walking into the lounge if they came through a window.

Been trialing they system and working well so far.

It does mean you need the phone and your internet connected to a UPS to ensure continuous operation.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, roiethome said:

As said, CCTV is only for surveillance and deterrent.

A reliable and more cost effective solution could be to purchase a cheap android mobile phone and download one of the free motion detection apps.

These will send an alarm to your mobile where ever you are and a picture that triggered the alarm.

You need to know when the intrusion is happening rather than later viewing it on playback.

We have dogs so we set the zone covering the main entrance high enough that the dogs do not trigger but would capture anyone breaking in or walking into the lounge if they came through a window.

Been trialing they system and working well so far.

It does mean you need the phone and your internet connected to a UPS to ensure continuous operation.

Thanks mate - motion detection sounds really good.  does this system also save the images to the cloud, so that if the camera and enclosed memory card were ripped off the wall, the images would still be stored somewhere?

What sort of camera are you using?  could you recommend a manufacturer and model number?  there are so many on lazada that it is overwhelming ?   any app you could recommend too?

• Like 1

I am using a cheap Samsung galaxy model. But any mobile phone running android marshmallow or later is OK. Have seen some on Lazada for less than 3K

The app I am using is Motion Detector Pro, free from play store, and it saves the images to your receiving phone, so it is too late if the thieves take the phone in the house with them

Hope this helps.

Be aware that the motion detection feature may trigger every time a motorbike or car passes by at night, depending upon the location of the camera, even if the car or motorbike is not visable. Just the change in lighting is enough to trigger it, in most cases. My house is close to the road, so motion detection does me no good.

My 6 camera system runs 24/7 and records to a 2TB hard drive. That allows me to view back about 2 weeks in the past. I can also view past and present from the internet. 

Don't forget the Alfred App, which is Free, and has unlimited Camera capability, and a week of Cloud stotage for each recorded sequence.

Pay the subscription (in OZ it's less than AU30 per annum:

which:

- Upgrades the features to full HD playback/storage

- gives a full 30 days Cloud storage for each sequence

Works with Android and Iphone/Ipad etc

Live Notifications, 

and Live viewing is only 5 seconds behind real time hen viewed on phone

The premium also gives Zoom, when viewed on a PC

Only real limitation of Alfred, is that you only LiveView one camera at a time

• 1 month later...
On 13/11/2017 at 7:39 AM, BEVUP said:

You could try PSI

I had 3 cameras fitted but may get 1 or 2 more, just basic 1.5 mg pix

2 are 2mg pix & the other is 3 mg pix that is co;our at night 

All have motion sensors & the Tech can determine how you want all set

My control box is 8 channel & can hold the recordings for 30 days that you can view on your phone any where in the world

19,000 bht with back up service

hello, what is the full name of the PSI store you cited ? thanks