Taxi driver who attacked Brazilian model already double rapist

webfact

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, Sphere said:

But...but...but...he behaves very well in prison...so they have no choice but to let him out early. :coffee1:

EHHH...... JUST HOW MANY RAPES COMMITTED....that we know of  ? damn who is in charge of the courts , police and prison system ? he will rape again , what a pathetic system the thai criminal courts are . 

CCTV showed that the victim had not used the taxi rank but got in a taxi not registered at the airport that had just delivered other passengers.

If there was ever a strong argument against doing this, this is it.

I know that some don't hold to the death penalty, but this certainly wouldn't have happened if there was one carried out in the first place. Not to mention the second rape that also would never have happened. Locking him up and throwing away the key? What good does that do other than keep some people employed by tax money to take care of a man who has no right to exist in society? At the very least, anyone who is incarcerated for life should be working to earn their keep!

I don't understand if licensed taxis have to use the taxi rank.......why are other non-registered or non-licensed taxis allowed to ply their trade in the airport?  Isn't there any airport security to see that only the taxis allowed in the taxi rank are the ones picking up passengers???

4 hours ago, edramoso said:

Is there a law of death by hanging in Thailand for repeat offenders like this rapist?

Only if the victim dies as a result or they can get a torture charge against the offender but don't worry, as it is his third offense he will likely get a very tough sentence this time, probably 20 years and be out by 5. So you can all relax, he won't be raping another woman until 2022.

Edited by wprime

This company rented a taxi to a driver who was a serial rapist and unlicensed and is fined 3000 baht. Where I come from the company would be closed down and the owner jailed. No wonder they don't care about breaking the law here when the punishment means nothing at all. Is that a day's income for the company? An hour maybe?

So they blame it on her!  He was driving a taxi.  I do the same thing because it saves 20-45 minutes...

They spent half the article blaming her.  Losers.  A country that won't take responsibility~will always lose...

Edited by Redline

1 hour ago, TGIR said:

I don't understand if licensed taxis have to use the taxi rank.......why are other non-registered or non-licensed taxis allowed to ply their trade in the airport?  Isn't there any airport security to see that only the taxis allowed in the taxi rank are the ones picking up passengers???

You can get them "illegal" taxis at the departure level...  Usually cheaper..., and a lot quicker.

Edited by ThaidaGwaii

4 hours ago, Dumbastheycome said:

:sad: You  know  BraziLian jails?

I am Brazilian. The jails here are hell on earth. We had a rebellion this year with 56 deaths.

They decided to make something "symbolic", so they chopped of inmates' heads and splattered them over the floors. They also did something funny with the inmates limbs. I don't remember all the details but not nice at all.

although I have had a yar-bar taxi driver from the  Bangkok taxi we flagged down that caused me and the wife to leap out of his motor when we observed his foaming mouth and rolling eyes, I have also had a real bad one from the queue in airport who was not the person

who's picture was displayed in the cab, and drove around in circles for ages trying to force

us into paying near double the correct fare, he stopped at two dark garages and got out and walked off causing us to fear what he was going to do next and  he only completed the journey after my wife started filming him. so I think the attempt at switching the blame onto the victim for using the WRONG  taxi is typical comment by the people in charge. and sucks.    

Just goes to show Jack The Ripper could get a job as a taxi driver in Bangkok Oh and what about the hefty fine the company got 3,000 Baht Omg i bet they are shakin in there boots with that kinda fine. I am reading he got 4 years for raping another woman What will the jail sentence be this time 4 years 6 months? And if he is a good boy he might get out in 6 months Its just all a bloody big joke here

7 hours ago, rlopes said:

I am Brazilian. The jails here are hell on earth. We had a rebellion this year with 56 deaths.

They decided to make something "symbolic", so they chopped of inmates' heads and splattered them over the floors. They also did something funny with the inmates limbs. I don't remember all the details but not nice at all.

Then they should send this prick to a Brazilian Jail

21 hours ago, lemonjelly said:

Serious previous offenses.... no license allowed.... is that too <deleted> difficult?

sickening..... really.

Yep! It would seem it is far too difficult.....

23 hours ago, fruitman said:

So a taxidriver with a criminal record is NOT allowed to pickup tourists from the airport taxirank?

I also won't use the taxirank if there are very long qeueu's.

He has admitted everything and been taken on a reenactment of the crime. Did the Brazilian Lady cooperate on her own or do the use Force?? 

So in about 4 years when he'll be set free (again), rinse and repeat with the rape and lenient sentencing? Don't make us say "Told you so", already sorry for the next victim due to juristical incompetence :(

If this guy gets out again, the judge and everyone involved should serve a sentence as well.

On 4/27/2017 at 11:05 AM, webfact said:

Petch said that taxi drivers who use the rank must all be checked out for criminal records ...

Before then being cleared, apparently.

But the airports don't just advise against not using a taxi outside of arrivals, they supposedly ban the practice; certainly of taking one from the departures floor.