If you could have met someone famous, who?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 hours ago, balo said:

John Lennon. We would talk about peace and love all day .

Then I would take him to Pattaya and show him how silly we are. 

I am a big Lennon fan, but IMO, the peace and love stuff was mostly fashion. I have read a lot about him and he was often a jerk. He was a very flawed human being, but a very talented one. I would love to have met him. 

Edited by Ulysses G.

I am a big Lennon fan, but IMO, the peace and love stuff was mostly fashion. I have read a lot about him and he was often a jerk. He was a very flawed human being, but a very talented one. I would love to have met him. 

Dr. Hook said it best: "...we sing about beauty and we sing about truth, at ten-thousand dollars a show..."

18 hours ago, toofarnorth said:

I think this was another.

" Which one of you is Henry Crun ? "

" Don't tell him Henry "

OK then just one more. To Bluebottle..........

Your job is in jeopardy 

But I don't want to go abroad.

7 hours ago, Ulysses G. said:

I am a big Lennon fan, but IMO, the peace and love stuff was mostly fashion. I have read a lot about him and he was often a jerk.

I think most humans who suddenly earn millions in a few years and are looked upon as Gods would end up like that . 

On 4/29/2017 at 7:22 PM, soalbundy said:

I would like to say Jesus because i have a few questions about his birth certificate but he probably can't speak English anyway.

Jesus spoke Aramaic.

16 minutes ago, 212Roger said:

Jesus spoke Aramaic.

Oh yeah ? so how come the Lords prayer is in English ? What about God saying ''Let there be light" No Aramaic there. He may have used Aramaic at home but for the normal simple people that he preached to it was definitely English, read the Bible,its all English mate, not a bit of Aramaic creeps in.

On 5/3/2017 at 10:21 AM, soalbundy said:

Oh yeah ? so how come the Lords prayer is in English ? What about God saying ''Let there be light" No Aramaic there. He may have used Aramaic at home but for the normal simple people that he preached to it was definitely English, read the Bible,its all English mate, not a bit of Aramaic creeps in.

The Bible's original language was Hebrew.  Aramaic is under the umbrella of the Hebrew language.  Also, the first translation was in Greek.  Need I go on?

1 hour ago, 212Roger said:

The Bible's original language was Hebrew.  Aramaic is under the umbrella of the Hebrew language.  Also, the first translation was in Greek.  Need I go on?

irrevocable proof..... :)

56 minutes ago, 212Roger said:

Hebrew was a branch of cockney,Aramaic was only spoken in the posher parts of Surrey, the translation to Greek only happened when Phillip married Liz as he couldn't read Aramaic. English was good enough for Jesus, ''blessed are the Greeks'' he said and phil has never looked back since.

• 1 month later...