New offensive against rats begins on local beaches

Rimmer

New offensive against rats begins on local beaches

PATTAYA:--City officials and beach vendors campaigned to eliminate rats on Pattaya and Jomtien beaches in a renewed public-health push.

Warunee Reuankaew, disease prevention chief, and Pattaya’s top lawyer, Sretapol Boonsawat, led the parade of volunteers, beach massage workers and public-health officers April 21.

Together they handed out 70 rat traps and advised beach chair and umbrella sellers how to curb the vermin explosion.

Read more:http://www.pattayamail.com/news/new-offensive-rats-begins-local-beaches-171938

pattaya_mail_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Pattaya Mail 2017-04-28

On 4/28/2017 at 0:20 PM, Rimmer said:

Together they handed out 70 rat traps

that's a whopping 70 less rats above ground out of 1000's below not to mention a female rat can mate as many as 500 times with various males during a 6 hour period of receptivity—a state she experiences about 15 times per year, thus  a pair can produce as many as 2,000 descendants in 1 year if left to breed unchecked.

uhmmm...wait..let me do the math..hold on! :sick:

Edited by pattayadude

On 4/28/2017 at 0:20 PM, Rimmer said:

City officials and beach vendors campaigned to eliminate rats

Pattaya City hall will eliminate a fast moving 3" rodent that lives underground with a 166 million years of evolution under its belt??

Wait!...Is this the same group that didn't even notice a 50-floor skyscraper until it was topped off???

Edited by pattayadude

2 hours ago, pattayadude said:

that's a whopping 70 less rats above ground out of 1000's below not to mention a female rat can mate as many as 500 times with various males during a 6 hour period of receptivity—a state she experiences about 15 times per year, thus  a pair can produce as many as 2,000 descendants in 1 year if left to breed unchecked.

uhmmm...wait..let me do the math..hold on! :sick:

Are we talking 4 or 2 legged ones??? 

23 hours ago, petermik said:

The chinese find them a tasty snack.........:cheesy:

They are a delicacy to Thais (possibly not the Hi-So types).

Rat meat is currently 140 baht a kilo

So I am told anyway.

Edited by rott

Was just in Cha Am. Sat on beach having beer and saw 2 dogs just drop a deuce in the shallow part of water. 

Kids and adults running around with no idea where they're treading. Really ruins a nice beach. 

Every so often they clean up Pattaya Beach of rats presumably by poison. They start reappearing  after a few weeks. Seems they just need to keep on top of it. Maybe hire a couple guys for that purpose.

49 minutes ago, Joebuzz said:

The rats?  Gonna have to nuke.

rats are one of the 20 life forms live underground  that will survive a nuclear bomb.However I'm sure the MOAB- mother of all bombs- could possibly be very effective—but probably not worth the risk to find out.

2 hours ago, pattayadude said:

rats are one of the 20 life forms live underground  that will survive a nuclear bomb.However I'm sure the MOAB- mother of all bombs- could possibly be very effective—but probably not worth the risk to find out.

Are you sure about the risk???