Disney to open theme park in Thailand?

webfact

2 hours ago, digibum said:

1.  I'll believe it when Disney confirms it.  Wouldn't be the first time that Thais started spouting their mouths off about something only to find out that the other party seems to remember the conversation far differently.  

2.  Disney has all kinds of properties.  Obviously the most well known are the Disneyland and DisneyWorld style mega-theme parks but they have resorts, cruises, and other Disney branded ventures.  I can't see Disney building a mega-theme park in Thailand when the one in Hong Kong is so close and many Thais travel there already.  My guess would be that Disney wants to buy an island or a huge stretch of beach and build a private resort.    

Well the Disney ocean park in tokyo didn't look very spectacular, it looks more like a mix of european cities. And i even have been in Tokyo but never heard about that park.

Thailand has the perfect climate plus warm sea to build a great oceanpark where guests could also swim. But safety in Thailand is as low as the education of their technicians and sure Disney doesn't want to ruin the name of their safe parks so they will have to guarantee safety themselves.

Thailand has no high standard parks so they should be very very happy if Disney wants to come.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Roommate from College.  Works for Disney. NOPE and nope. 

Maybe someone is looking for an investor?

To much competion is my bet. However the E ticket currently is pretty overpriced.

Edited by NickJ

Proud, patriotic Thai's prefer American theme parks over their own?

I have been to Dream world 4 times. It's a great place to take the family for a day out.

Investment in Thai theme parks should be a priority. China has its own style theme parks also, why does every theme park need to be the same? So come on Thailand, help Thai businesses first such as Dream world. 

Dream-World-in-Bagkok.jpg

e_597077.jpg

dream-world-bangkok-1.jpg

Edited by Wilsonandson

Disney is traded on the NYSE. I don't think  this will happen because of the "reputation" of some people in higher office in the LOS, I  sure would be very surprised if this ever happened. I don't think it will get the votes from it's share holders to proceed. 

Edited by habanero

just what a family wants in 40+ heat,at 1500bt a head..unless its built indoors...HEY A NEW MALL..Yippii.....just take care of the beach already and stop buying f*****ing submarines and building malls,and dreaming about other ways to waste money....

just what a family wants in 40+ heat,at 1500bt a head..unless its built indoors...HEY A NEW MALL..Yippii.....just take care of the beach already and stop buying f*****ing submarines and building malls,and dreaming about other ways to waste money....

You forgot the aircraft carrier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, let's just stay in the dark ages, pull down all concrete structures and build teak houses.

It's only super hot for 2 months of the year. So maybe your right the theme park should have an air conditioned area. Siam Ocean World is air conditioned all year round. Maybe half of the theme park could be like Siam Ocean World and two thirds be outdoors incooperating Pattaya beach. Water slides, maybe a man made island as well like the ones made in Dubai in the shape of a palm tree. Yes if Thai businesses invested they could build on their own a theme park just as good as disneyland, if not better.

On 4/29/2017 at 0:47 PM, digibum said:

1.  I'll believe it when Disney confirms it.  Wouldn't be the first time that Thais started spouting their mouths off about something only to find out that the other party seems to remember the conversation far differently. 

On the contrary, negotiations with Mickey Mouse and Goofy are underway as we speak. 

On Saturday, April 29, 2017 at 1:02 PM, champers said:

Pattaya is far more family orientated than people imagine. It would fit in with government plans for the Eastern Economic Corridor (EEC). Access from planned new road and rail links as well as the expanded airport at Utapao.

Very easy to start a family in PattayA indeed

On 04/28/2017 at 4:07 PM, 55Jay said:

LOL, but....wouldn't be long before a spin off Disney theme fantasy bar would appear in Patts  serving up bare arsed spankings from dominatrix Snow White.  If you go around and enter via the back door, you can a good thrashing from the Mickey & Minnie team. :laugh:

94abbd1d9cc576633d57983065d91c57.jpg.2eb354d3f83cbef1ecf2dfd121a83fc6.jpg  abb40a24f3a8e52031fd3fc1150d8b1c.jpg.a1ae997a090dcd795a7364c27dd8504b.jpg

The best idea of all goes to you sir, but why just Pattaya? Let's have a Snow White and the seven dwarfs bar in Soi Cowboy, too!

tmp_26760-best-snow-white-costume-1-395392572.jpg