"Possessed man" has locals scurrying for lottery tickets in north-central Thailand

webfact

1 hour ago, Essaybloke said:

'Faith' is precisely what it is. This 'faith' in animism is no more or less ridiculous (I am being very polite here) than any other religious 'faith'.

I rather think this is more about hope. Faith, Hope, Charity: one out of three isn't too bad.

19 minutes ago, phetpeter said:

A few years back in Phetchabun, it was the dancing light pole on the ring road. and there was the lady murdered by husband and stuffed in the wardrobe after she won the lottery. We all went to find numbers on the wardrobe.

I didn't...

Just now, realenglish1 said:

As it turns out this guy has turrets syndrome     

So not bark-ing mad then?

I was stumped for a while about his issues, but now you've rooted out the symptoms I can leaf it alone now...

Pathetic!

The usual street vendors will no doubt have set-up unhygienic stores!

Or.

An outdoor market has started up!

Or

Speakers the size of a small house blaring out music etc...

Yawn...

Oh! I saw a cow jump over the moon and a flying pig plus flying saucers...

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

The article is typically confused as it switches from the man being possessed by the spirit of  the tree stump, to a spirit that resides in the tree stump.

They are two different things. The spirit of  a stump just sits there immobile and impassive (as you would expect) and would be no help whatsoever in determining winning numbers.

I know, I've attempted to get useful information out of loads of integral tree stump spirits, but not one of them has ever given me anything that could be interpreted as even remotely useful in a lottery situation.

It's always stuff about "stillness" and "feeling the breath of the world".

Edited by Enoon

4 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

So not bark-ing mad then?

I was stumped for a while about his issues, but now you've rooted out the symptoms I can leaf it alone now...

It would seem to be  Who knows maybe he does Ice

Just a guess

8 hours ago, Sooo Upto Me said:

15 Days actually

Here is the actual passage from the OP.

"He started speaking in tongues and intoned in Thai: "Goo mai day gin khao haa wan laew" (I have not eaten for 15 days).

The man is Thai, spoke in Thai and I  believe he said haa wan (5 days) What do you believe? Lost in translation?

3 hours ago, ratcatcher said:

Here is the actual passage from the OP.

"He started speaking in tongues and intoned in Thai: "Goo mai day gin khao haa wan laew" (I have not eaten for 15 days).

The man is Thai, spoke in Thai and I  believe he said haa wan (5 days) What do you believe? Lost in translation?

Does it really matter that much?