Don't judge a book by its cover! Shabby uncle pulls out 600,000 in cash and drives off on a Harley!

webfact

Don't judge a book by its cover! Shabby uncle pulls out 600,000 in cash and drives off on a Harley!

6pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

BANGKOK: -- A fun story is doing the rounds of Thai social media about an old Thai man who went in several bike dealerships but no one would pay him any attention.

The reason? The man in question looked like he didn't have two baht to rub together, was dressed in shabby old clothes and flip-flops. He didn't look a likely customer with his tramp-like grey beard and long hair, reported Sanook.

But when he finally got some attention in a big bike shop it only took him just minutes to make up his mind - he said "I'll have that one!" and he pulled out 600,000 baht in cash from his baggy pants.

The story was featured on a Facebook fan page called "Maxsingburimotorbike" that said you should not judge a book by its cover.

The page said that the man had been to many shops but the sales assistants had given him a wide berth thinking he had no money. When at last he found what he was looking for the deal was struck within ten minutes.

The Sanook story cited a Thai proverb in its headline: "Phaa Khii riw hor thong" a direct translation of which is 'gold wrapped up in rags'.

After the story was shared more than 31,000 times reporters caught up with the man's elder sister who said her brother was known as "Lung Decha". She said her brother was an honest, hardworking man who was semi-retired from his job as a mechanic. He neither smokes nor drinks and never gambles.

He was not rich but had set his mind on a nice bike for a long time; now he was going to enjoy it.

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-05-01

I bought my truck from the first sales lady that approached me and asked me if the Vigo was what I was looking for.  I had been to several showrooms including that one in the preceding month and she was the first one who actually tried to sell one to me.  Nice girl, good deal and a good vehicle.

Edited by harrry

Back in more nanny type states in the west

Sprouting a clump of readies to buy a vehicle brings a dose of police (as all dealerships are under orders to blow the whistle and await their arrival)

1 hour ago, Regyai said:

Back in more nanny type states in the west

Sprouting a clump of readies to buy a vehicle brings a dose of police (as all dealerships are under orders to blow the whistle and await their arrival)

Often for good reason.

1 hour ago, Naroge said:

Nice story. Hope he also invest in some driving lessons. These big bikes are not just like the standard Thai motorbike to drive.

He is a semi-retired mechanic, so maybe he has been driving bikes all his live and who knows if only small ones?

1 hour ago, elgordo38 said:

I had a good friend owned one he said the vibration up and down his legs and loins was better than sex. Who am I to judge. 

Why do you think girls like Harleys?

Good for the old man! :clap2:(hope he gets layed) 

51 minutes ago, Suicai99 said:

I dont drink or gamble but i am still poor as dirt. Coz i spent on woman!

You can ride your secondhand pincushion women

This gent has quality and a nice clean ride, I am with him as quality counts

When I was selling real estate the same thing happened many times. Other salesmen would not give a similar person the time of day even if they had not made a sale in two months. All you have to do is talk to them for 10 minutes and you know if they are genuine. Did not matter if you did not have what they wanted, they were worth talking to. So it is not just Thais that are not good salesmen.